Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Next Dinner Meetup 4/6

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 6th seems more do-able.

Doing it the night of PVD is really pushing people to their limits with hours of eventful fun!

PS remember Danny's gonna be at Twilo that Sat! Another Marathon weekend here we come.

------------------

Nobody owns me baby!

New Mix CD available "5 HTP"

DJmikeDR@aol.com

Originally posted by weyes:

i'm in there like swimwear! biggrin.gif

(but rachel1997, i thought that passover is the 7th - isn't it?)

Passover starts the 7th at night. You have to understand that it's also Saturday night when it starts. So basicly you can say that it starts on Friday night cuz you have to keep the Shabbat and eat passover food already from Friday afternoon and on. Plus I have to go upstate and be with the family...

Last day of passover it the 15th (Sunday) and you are allowed to eat regular food on the 16th.

HELP! smile.gif

------------------

DarthTweetz.jpgrun.gif

Personally, I don't really celebrate religious holidays. Nevertheless, it would be kinda insensitive to schedule meetups during any major religious holiday. While many board members might not be religious, their families might be and would expect them home for the holidays. Granted, Judaism might have some minor holiday every week, but Passover is a big one for many Jews. Imagine if most of the board was Jewish instead and was trying to organize a meetup on Xmass.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Originally posted by translucent:

Personally, I don't really celebrate religious holidays. Nevertheless, it would be kinda insensitive to schedule meetups during any major religious holiday. While many board members might not be religious, their families might be and would expect them home for the holidays. Granted, Judaism might have some minor holiday every week, but Passover is a big one for many Jews. Imagine if most of the board was Jewish instead and was trying to organize a meetup on Xmass.

Having said that guaranteed on every single weekend for the remainder of this year at least one person will be unable to attend a Friday nite even for religious/personal/professional reasons .... from an organisational perspective I concur with the majority rules thinking that pervades when setting these things up, there will probably be another couple of major dinner meetups later on this year and many smaller meetups in the meantime.... someone would have to be really unlucky to miss everything in a year tho.

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by rachel1997:

Please not on

PASSOVER!!

PLEASE!!

Thank you.

I'm sorry Rachel, but we have to go with the majority. Missing one meet-up is not gonna kill ya, right? I'm not trying to be unsensitive at all. REALLY. But it's like boa-boy said, if I had to take EVERY SINGLE members' needs into consideration then we would NEVER have these meet-ups. Right? Sorry. cwm36.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“The love we give away is the only love we keep.” - Elbert Hubbard

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by boa_boy:

Having said that guaranteed on every single weekend for the remainder of this year at least one person will be unable to attend a Friday nite even for religious/personal/professional reasons ....

I agree, there will always be a number of members who can't attend. Nevertheless, while we can't plan around people's personal or professional obligations, we could "try" to plan around their religious ones. I'm not suggesting that we waste time in an attempt to appease every single religion out there. I don't think that working around the MAJOR holidays of the Big Three is too much to ask for. Religion is very important to many members here and using "majority rule" to override their requests IS insensitive and implies how little respect we give to their beliefs.

Then again, it's ironic that an atheist like me (who's going to the meetup, BTW) is even bringing this up.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

[This message has been edited by translucent (edited 03-15-2001).]

Originally posted by clubkat:

Really??? We'll just see how well you can....

cwm4.gif I scratch you know

we might have to set up a practice session before hand i woouldnt wanna get it wrong in front of everybody ... =) e-mail me when u are free =) muah ... and hey .. no straches ..well maybe down my back is ok ..

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com