• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

bagel and cream cheese - $3.75

god i love women. . .

Throw in scrambled eggs and a coffee - Ten bucks

And definitely not fun getting hit on by the Chelsea boys...

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Heres my slight review I posted

Bleh....Dont believe the hype, its a sequel. I dont know if its just a bad month or what the hell is up. Here is my review on the music....

Frankly, I just couldnt get into it. He played the same beat for most of the night and never really kept the intensity up at the level he would bring it to. Once or twice he threw a bomb and I thought that he would keep it at that energy high but he would bring it back down to the same damn beat.

I cant take hours of buildup for a 5 minute blow up at the end that I missed becausse I left for avariety of different reasons. I did miss Hide U just before he went off but I was with a small group of close friends having some eggs at a diner.....hehe....

I suppose Danny just wasnt my style last night.....all hype, no kick for me.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Originally posted by myrlin:

Bleh....Dont believe the hype, its a sequel.

In other words Danny totally sucked last nite. Country music sounds betta than how he played last nite...

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Oh God! I didn't think he sucked at all! I agree that the music at the end of the night far surpassed that in the beginning but I thought the buildups were great. And I liked all the songs he was playing too, towards the end of the night he was grooving, deep grooves and nasty beats. Danny Howells gets two thumbs up from me!

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Oh, but I do think I saw every gay man in NYC last night.

And whats up with the guy in the rainbow shorts (jean shorts earlier in the night) walking around holding glow necklaces in front of him and making shapes?

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by lextacy:

And whats up with the guy in the rainbow shorts (jean shorts earlier in the night) walking around holding glow necklaces in front of him and making shapes?

thx for the 'informative' review lol....I saw that crazy guy @ CC/DT

cwm24.gif

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by lextacy:

He is a regular on Saturday nights, and has become a part of the party. He's alright, and means no harm at all - that's just him enjoying the show and putting on one of his own. Sober, too.

Seems to me some folks were *expecting* a bad night because it is "gay night." Open yer minds people, and refrigginlax. Go on a few more Saturdays, you might become quite comfortable with it.

ichi

ichi.

------------------

ebreak.gif

That's it! He was cradling a VOODOO GLOW DOLL that forced DH to Kush Kush all night long! Damn him!

cwm13.gif

And don't forget old Balanchine dancing ye olde waltz around the floor.

cwm27.gif

------------------

...overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air

and deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves

the echo of a distant time comes willowing across the sand

and everthing is green and summery...

-------------------

PErsonaly I had an amazing time last night....

It really dont bother me if the crowd is predominantly gay. IM there for one reason only .....the music.

I think Danny wa on point last night. Not quite as good as January...but the last two hours were viscious!!!!

I had a great time last night, sorry to all the guys that didnt...

-A

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Email: Andy_Zeee@hotmail.com

AIM: AztecNY

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Seems to me some folks were *expecting* a bad night because it is "gay night." Open yer minds people, and refrigginlax. Go on a few more Saturdays, you might become quite comfortable with it.

My unhappiness came purely because of the music. The only thing I noticed about the crowd until later on was that it seemed much ruder than usual...Even though there was alot of space, I got bumped into WAY to damned much. Thats a large pet peeve for me......

Plus I like when a DJ builds up....keeps the intensity....builds more.....keeps it....etc. Continually bringing it back mellow isnt my style.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Wow.....I can't believe some of the reviews.......I thought Danny put a hurting on us once again.......yea, he was softer, more funky in the early part of the night but he progressed to some harder stuff later on........IMO, that is the best part about his sets.......his progression is brilliant.....he only let me down just long enough to catch some breath than back up he went with it........last night was a good reassurance from his first performance and I think he came through and then some........also, he's such a fun DJ to watch; jumping around, smiling, throwing his hands up........the man has skillz... smile.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

howells blew...i love his NuBreed but he didn't impress me at all...

made me yawn...

he wasn't going anywhere his set...he only dropped three good tracks and that was it...

all hype...yeah he sucked...bite me...

Warren and Sander this friday. . .

uh-oh

them's fightin words bro..

watch out for the barage of.."what?? are you crazy? it was such a journey... you just dont' know good music..."

-disclaimer-

none of the above statements made by one Shadowchaer, reflect the opions of PFloyd40. PFloyd40 was not in attendance last night and therefore waves the right to make any assesment of the night in question.

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I was so there with you, Frank. I expected DH to tear it up. Not that it was all that bad. I was feelin the vibe here and there, but although there were some really great builds, he never progressed to the next level which kinda let me down. It did get better just before we left though, but hunger prevailed! I had a blast at the overpriced diner, even if I was quiet.

------------------

...overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air

and deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves

the echo of a distant time comes willowing across the sand

and everthing is green and summery...

-------------------

i thought he was pretty damn good last night. no he wasn't as great as he was in jan but he still rocked the house. he had me groovin the whole night. when is he comign back cause im gonna be in the same spot on the dance floor for sure. cwm4.gif

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

every man dies not every man lives.

AOL J303J

Originally posted by tyco:

Wow.....I can't believe some of the reviews.......I thought Danny put a hurting on us once again.......yea, he was softer, more funky in the early part of the night but he progressed to some harder stuff later on........IMO, that is the best part about his sets.......his progression is brilliant.....he only let me down just long enough to catch some breath than back up he went with it........last night was a good reassurance from his first performance and I think he came through and then some........also, he's such a fun DJ to watch; jumping around, smiling, throwing his hands up........the man has skillz... smile.gif

Mikey

what he said. i thought earlier in the night the progression wasn't what i was expecting, but i howells taught me a very important lesson last nite. patience is a virtue. once he went bang on, the last 2 hrs, it was on. Track after track with evil dark sounds, chunky ass basslines, and funky lyrics. how bout that track with some dude saying some word ending in motherfucker. jammy knows the track. wicked set again, not as good as last time. i knew the pvd heads couldn't appreciate it. myrlin and ez better stay home on the danny&diggers party, u ain't gonna get any instant satisfaction that nite...

------------------

I'm a necromancer...