Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another ? for the ladies

Basically it's been there and done that. I've dated guys with very nice cars and it doesn't hold any importance on the relationship. Dating guys solely based on what car they drive is something that young girls go through and hopefully grow out of. WOMEN doesn't look at those trivial things.

As for jobs? Jobs have some amount of importance to me. Because it's important for two people to equally respect one another. I need a guy who has an equal or higher level of an occupation than myself. We all need to grow individually in order to grow together, and you can't be doing a lot of growing if your sitting on your ass not doing much, right? So, I would say that it's important to me to find a guy who is ambitious.

BlueAngel

------------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." — Andre Gide

boobielogo2.jpg

I really couldn't care less about the car. My hs sweetheart was striving to be a mechanic, and after spending countless hours taking second place to his vehicle I kind of developed a dislike for cars.

Besides, if you live in the city it's really not that important to have a car.

As for the job... yes, it's important. I want to know the person I'm with is financially stable. I also agree with BlueAngel, it's mostly about being on an equal level with someone. Like it or not, the type of job you have says a lot about who you are- where you come from and where you are looking to go, what type of interests you have.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

my roommate has just started dating this guy who drives a bmw (she doesn't know what series). she went on and on to me for maybe five minutes about how it feels like to ride in one (silly, i drove one for a few years). i just thought it was rather disgusting how a car could impress her so much

profession, i really don't care much. i'm not associating myself with illegal business however

------------------

rocks2.jpg got crack?

IM: schnobium

[This message has been edited by deanna11 (edited 03-20-2001).]

Definately not interested in the car. And as for the job, yeah I can understand the gurlz posts, however, I do not place 100% importance on it. As long as the guys were working and making decent money where we could hang without breaking the bank..it was cool.

I think having the "work ethic" is more important than the exact type of job. I'm a professional but I would love a plumber if that's what it came to.

------------------

"...I'll take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirits sore..."

I don't care about the car thing at all. I don't have a car right now, neither does my sweetheart. There is no need for one, just an added expense to an already really expensive city. As far as profession goes, I want to be with someone who is motivated and has goals. That is extremely important. Something honest.

------------------

Girl-01.gif

i agree with the lovely *blueangel*

biggrin.gif

*hugz cas!!*

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

. . . Out of the Darkness . . .

I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope

For hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love

For love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith

But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting.

Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought:

So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.

- T.S. Eliot

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

LOL...it's actually pretty funny but I always "picked" the guys with either no car or the oldest you could find. It just doesn't impress me at all...for christ sake it's a car (a mean of getting from one place to the other that's it). Regarding the job: well as I'm already in the "business world" I'm soooo not attracted by that. I usually are rather impressed by creative, spiritual people. So it doesn't really matter what job someone is in as long as he does it with a passion and happiness that comes along when you love what you do (even if it would mean that I'm paying for the bills....so what).

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Originally posted by flying_high:

(even if it would mean that I'm paying for the bills....so what).

Coming from someone who has often had to pay for the bills... Trust me, unless you're "independently wealthy," you want someone who can support himself.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

Originally posted by flying_high:

LOL...it's actually pretty funny but I always "picked" the guys with either no car or the oldest you could find. It just doesn't impress me at all...for christ sake it's a car (a mean of getting from one place to the other that's it). Regarding the job: well as I'm already in the "business world" I'm soooo not attracted by that. I usually are rather impressed by creative, spiritual people. So it doesn't really matter what job someone is in as long as he does it with a passion and happiness that comes along when you love what you do (even if it would mean that I'm paying for the bills....so what).

Ok, I'll quit Motorola, become an ARTISTE, and not have any money. Then we can move in together in Notting Hill, because I HAVE too live in the UK, and we can get married!

cwm2.gif

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

Originally posted by tastyt:

Coming from someone who has often had to pay for the bills... Trust me, unless you're "independently wealthy," you want someone who can support himself.

True, I'd rather ment that I don't look for the wealthy guy who is supporting ME (I can take care of myself very well) and hence, the entire material issue doesn't play such an important role when looking for that "special other" one. I've just never fallen for a rich guy and I can honestly say that I've never even looked it either.

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Originally posted by brandie:

i agree with the lovely *blueangel*

biggrin.gif

*hugz cas!!*

luv,

brandie

Hey girl!! Where have you been? What's been going on?? When are you coming back home again??

BlueAngel

------------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." — Andre Gide

boobielogo2.jpg

For every girl here saying it's not important there is another that will say it is.

The thing is you have to ask YOURSELF if that is the kind of girl you want to be with.

IMO, girls who want material things are Bigger Better Deal girls and the next Ferrari down the line will take her away from you.

There are some very special people on here (thank god) and they have there priorities straight, but many people don't.

Remember diamonds are a girls best friend.. or are they? Shouldn't it be a boyfriends is a girls best friend? Social conditioning my friend.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

For every girl here saying it's not important there is another that will say it is.

The thing is you have to ask YOURSELF if that is the kind of girl you want to be with.

IMO, girls who want material things are Bigger Better Deal girls and the next Ferrari down the line will take her away from you.

There are some very special people on here (thank god) and they have there priorities straight, but many people don't.

Remember diamonds are a girls best friend.. or are they? Shouldn't it be a boyfriends is a girls best friend? Social conditioning my friend.

Casey's got it down wink.gif. Personally I don't care about a car...esp. if they live in the city...I have the world's worst car trouble anyway, and shall soon be getting rid of mine (thank goodness). But anyway, I'm ambitious & educated, & therefore prefer a guy who is as well. Can't have a relationship if you can't have a conversation.

Oh and David I agree with you...esp. since I haven't known enough diamonds to decide if they'd be good best friends wink.gif

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com

Ehhh.. I've been with guys who had a piece of shit $500 car.. My last bf had a Lexus and then got a Beemer.. You have no idea how much shit people talked about that.. I guess they could NOT comprehend that a girl dating a guy (even with a nice car) could be doing it just because of HIM.. So I think it's the shallow people who even think about stuff like that.. It'd never even cross my mind to ask any girl if she was dating a guy for his car or for his $.. That's just so disrespectful.. As if the guy has nothing more to offer if he has a nice car!!! This shit pisses me off so much coz I had to deal with the stupid idiots talking about me and my bf... For assholes who think that every girl dating a guy with a nice car is fucking materialistic and dumb, think again... Give a girl the benefit of the doubt because not all women are golddiggers (ok you can jump to that conclusion if you see a 25year old blonde with a 89 year old guy in a rolls royce).. Anyway.. Sorry I went off on a tangent.. And for the record, I don't give a shit what car a guy drives. Like J.Lopez's song says

THINK I WANNA DRIVE YOUR BENZ - I DON'T

BLAH BLAH CAN'T REMEMBER LOL

I GOT MY OWN

MY LOVE DON'T COST A THING

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 03-20-2001).]

I always gave every guy an equal opportunity (if I felt there was some sort of connection/attraction). Material things and job status were unimportant to me. In every relationship prior to my current one, I paid for everything. That never bothered me. The fact that most of the guys were self-centered is what got their buns to the curb.

Yes, my boyfriend lives comfortably(he works extremely hard for it and deserves it), but that's not why I'm with him. That stuff can only last for so long. I would rather be alone, then spend time with someone I don't enjoy being with. It's as simple as that. And if my boyfriend were to lose everything tomorrow, he knows that I'd still be there by his side.

------------------

pc.GIF

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Ehhh.. I've been with guys who had a piece of shit $500 car.. My last bf had a Lexus and then got a Beemer.. You have no idea how much shit people talked about that.. I guess they could NOT comprehend that a girl dating a guy (even with a nice car) could be doing it just because of HIM.. So I think it's the shallow people who even think about stuff like that.. It'd never even cross my mind to ask any girl if she was dating a guy for his car or for his $.. That's just so disrespectful.. As if the guy has nothing more to offer if he has a nice car!!! This shit pisses me off so much coz I had to deal with the stupid idiots talking about me and my bf... For assholes who think that every girl dating a guy with a nice car is fucking materialistic and dumb, think again... Give a girl the benefit of the doubt because not all women are golddiggers (ok you can jump to that conclusion if you see a 25year old blonde with a 89 year old guy in a rolls royce).. Anyway.. Sorry I went off on a tangent.. And for the record, I don't give a shit what car a guy drives. Like J.Lopez's song says

I GOT MY OWN

easy killer wink.gif hahahahaaa

I agree w/ you though...

I don't care what kind of car he is driving as long as I don't drive some shitty car smile.gif ...and as far as the job thing goes...as long as he is not lazy and has dreams...he is MY boy!!!

Originally posted by ReginaP:

Oh and David I agree with you...esp. since I haven't known enough diamonds to decide if they'd be good best friends wink.gif

Well Regina, let me tell you! I've gone through 3 VERY different diamond rings, which came from 3 VERY different guys . . .

1. 1 1/2 ct. classic solitaire in a tiffany setting which came from my 1st fiance, an interior decorator. (realized that he wasn't the most perfect Korean guy that everybody told me he was after he cheated on me!)

2. 1 1/2 ct. perfect color and flawless cut tiffany diamond ring, which came from my 2nd fiance, a finance dude who was all into image and the whole facade. (couldn't see myself living the rest of my life putting up a front.)

3. THEN you have my most favorite!! A plain platnium band with diamonds in it which was given to me by my hunnie bunnie, who may not drive the best cars or work in a 6 figure salary job, but who has the heart of gold.

It's funny cause we (girls) grow up thinking that we want the perfect guy with the perfect job with the perfect house in a perfect car . . .then you get that and it's all a deception that was created by a superfiscal society. The sooner us (women) realize that there is no such thing as a perfect guy the happier we'll be. Plus it takes a lot of weight off the men's shoulders and they'll start doing what truly makes them happy, which in turn in the long run will make us happy.

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

...I've gone through 3 VERY different diamond rings, which came from 3 VERY different guys . . . BlueAngel

...hence, 3rd time's a charm! cwm27.gif

I can relate 100% cwm38.gif

------------------

"...I'll take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirits sore..."

Originally posted by blueangel:

Well Regina, let me tell you! I've gone through 3 VERY different diamond rings, which came from 3 VERY different guys . . .

1. 1 1/2 ct. classic solitaire in a tiffany setting which came from my 1st fiance, an interior decorator. (realized that he wasn't the most perfect Korean guy that everybody told me he was after he cheated on me!)

2. 1 1/2 ct. perfect color and flawless cut tiffany diamond ring, which came from my 2nd fiance, a finance dude who was all into image and the whole facade. (couldn't see myself living the rest of my life putting up a front.)

3. THEN you have my most favorite!! A plain platnium band with diamonds in it which was given to me by my hunnie bunnie, who may not drive the best cars or work in a 6 figure salary job, but who has the heart of gold.

It's funny cause we (girls) grow up thinking that we want the perfect guy with the perfect job with the perfect house in a perfect car . . .then you get that and it's all a deception that was created by a superfiscal society. The sooner us (women) realize that there is no such thing as a perfect guy the happier we'll be. Plus it takes a lot of weight off the men's shoulders and they'll start doing what truly makes them happy, which in turn in the long run will make us happy.

BlueAngel

You HAVE to love Casey.

It's hard enough to find somebody who you could passibly stay with for the rest of your life. And there are benafits from being in a long term relationship. It's all great to be atracted to somebody for there money or lifestyle, but sharing and caring about somebody IMO is far more important.

When you go down the route of purley physical atraction and arn't TOTALLY honest with somebody from the start you set a dangerous precidence that will be the end of the relationship.

These things honesty and the ability to share and be the best of freinds with your partner are SO hard to find in somebody,because we are all different. By putting on that burden, money, great body, nice car then you are going to be very lucky to find the right person.

There was a great program on the other night that said we ALL have very similar ideals. But we carn't all have Jenifer Aniston or Tom Cruise (or whoever), so nature built in a mechanism when when you get to no somebody you automatically find them more atractive. That's the only way the human race has survived so far. But in this material world wwe live in now we seem to have forgoten that.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I GOT MY OWN

I agree! Some people can be so rude about it. Especially family and friends. I purposely don't discuss trips I've taken with my b/f or show any gifts he may have gotten me for the sole reason being that I don't want people to think I'm a gold digger or shoving it in their face. I've had family members make snide remarks in regards to the car he gave me and trips we've been on (which they heard about from other family members, not me). And friends can sometimes be completely insensitive when they go around shooting their mouths off about what he gives me, etc. It's gets embarrassing at times.

------------------

pc.GIF