Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite childhood song????

Originally posted by dale77:

"Tomorrow" from Annie

and "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics

Absolutely!!! Anything from Annie...I used to have the ALBUM!!! until it melted cause I put it next to the radiator...that was a sad day!!!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by cmb1975:

Absolutely!!! Anything from Annie...I used to have the ALBUM!!! until it melted cause I put it next to the radiator...that was a sad day!!!

Don't tell me such depressing stories first thing in the morning! I can't take it! cwm45.gif

------------------

You're only young once

It was not a childrens song, however when I was a child, my favorite song was, I am Henry the 8th I am, Henry the 8th I am, I am.. I was married to the widow next door, she has beeen married seven times before and everyone was a Henry, she wouldn't... blah... blah... can't remember the rest of the words. My aunt sang it to me all the time.

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

You are my Sunshine... And also "Maria" from Jonnie Mathis, a friend of my dad's gave me a record of it when I was about 3. Being that it is my name I thought I was special. I memorized the whole thing. My dad owned a diner and when he brought me to work i would stand on the counter and sing to all the customers. Everytime I hear the song or think about what I did my ears turn red. It still embarasses me.

From the Muppet's Movie, that song that goes like "Moving right along..." Although I don't know the exact words, I thought it was a kewl song.

But for the most part I never listened to childrens songs. My cousins were 4-9 years older than me, so I was always listening to dance music. My favorite for a long time was:

Junior - Mama Used To Say

------------------

pc.GIF

Now this isn't my all time fav but how about "Somewhere Out There" from American Tale....which is a great movie.....anyone ever see The Secret of Nimh?? I just watched it for the first time in about 12 yrs, I still love it....

------------------

"Evolve until you become Life..." GB.

Looooved the Chipmunks Christmas Album... Grease 2 soundtrack... Seriously overplayed the We Got the Beat single I got for my bday (8th, I think?)... and also the Mousercise album.

But my true love at the time... was Michael Jackson.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

I would have to say it would be a toss up between "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit da Frog or a Johnson & Johnson commercial.....I SMELL CLEAN OHHHHHHHHHH, I SMELL CLEAN OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I used to sing that shit when I was coming out of the bath tub when i was like 3 or 4....lol

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

let's see if anyone spots this one....

"back at home in czeckosovakia, my mother would sing me a song before bed, it went like this- 'life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over!'"

Um....are we ever going to get the big table in here, or do I have to go outside and cut that fucking tree down myself????

Where were we on that Marv???

And while we're at it, my childhood favorite was "the green grass grew all around all around and the green grass grew all around"

~Lexi

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

"Wild Wild West" by Escape Club...

She's so mean, I don't care!

I love her eyes and her wild, wild hair...

Dancin' to the beat that we like best...

Heading for the nineties, livin' in the wild wild west!!!

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

"Sweet Dreams" too!

and "Another One Bites the Dust"-Queen!

My 2 favorites!

------------------

alcheshire_cat.gif

*...have the ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.*-Ed Norton-Fight Club

[This message has been edited by duckets (edited 03-22-2001).]

Originally posted by duckets:

"Sweet Dreams" too!

and "Another One Bites the Dust"-Queen!

My 2 favorites!

Another One Bites the Dust is my favorite song for college. We'd sing it everytime we saw someone we hooked up with.

------------------

You're only young once