Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do people mean when they say B-sides?

Starchild is right...but usually a "b"-side is another mix (version) of the single that is released (the song on the "A" side) or another song that the artist did that probably isn't going to be released on its own.

This all sort of goes back to the radio, where they only play A-side singles...You'd never hear other songs from a particular artist's album (LP) that aren't released as singles.

Originally posted by starchild-:

B-side refers to using the other song on the second side of a single, either vinyl or cassette, usually considered deeper, darker, more artistic, or just weird... (Am I wrong?)

it doesn't necessarily have to be deeper or darker or anything like that. it just means that its the other track on the vinyl with the a side being the featured track. usually its a different mix of the a side track, or it could be another track from the same artist, or even from another artist. basically its the track thats not the featured track on the record.

------------------

got drugs?

Originally posted by shyster76:

I know Tenaglia first got notoriety and recognition for playing the B-sides.

But, I am confused as to what that actually is? Thanks for the help.

Hey, what's up?!! You're a shyster.

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Originally posted by korzo-:

Hey, what's up?!! You're a shyster.

yes, "shyster" will soon follow after name, similar to the ESQ. tag most persons of my upright profession are known as.

what's up james, major props to you again for spelling my name right, i must say i am impressed. you going to Centro-fly this Thursday for Morillo's B-day party? i was there till 5:00 last week for Emerson, i don't kno whow much longer my body can take nights like that, but you gotta do it now before it's too late. How was the WMC?

Another question?

So when they say Tenaglia was one of the first to play the B-sides of records, i'm curious as to why nobody else did it before him, i mean if it's on the record, why wouldn't any DJ play it, was it really that amazing that DT played the B-sides back then?

wouldn't most DJs try to play different mixes of the tunes and not the popular

"A side" all the time, why was it so uncommon back then?