Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The way I see it........

DENNY, I HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU AND THIS ISN'T A NEGATIVE COMMENT. I JUST PERSONALLY FEEL EXIT WILL ALWAYS BE PACKED SIMPLY B/C IT IS "EXIT". IT IS THER HOTTEST CLUB AT THE MOMENT AND HALF THE PEOPLE IN THERE DON'T KNOW WHERE THE MUSIC IS COMING FROM. AS FOR THOSE THAT DO AND COME FOR THAT REASON, MORE PROPS TO YOU.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SHAWN

DENNY- YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE SO WHY EVEN TRY. MOST OF US APPRECIATE YOUR SKILLS AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ART YOU HAVE REINVENTED IS FINITE!!! PEACE OUT FROM A JERSEY KID WHO KNOWS WHATS UP!

Denny -

Way to speak your mind. Me and my friends have been to EXIT as often as we can considering we all live in Philly. (Most of us) I really don't like to continue any unnecessary drama when it is not needed. I do get offended when people on this site try and say shit like, "the people that go to EXIT don't know where the music is coming from, they don't know who the DJ's are." While some of these comments may hold true for some of crowd at EXIT, I think most of the crowd knows who you are and how good you are. I for one was blown away by both you and Eddie the first time I hear you guys. I was like, "who the hell is that DJ up there?" After I figured it out I was there to see Baez and Testtos not to just go to EXIT. All of my friends felt the same way. The venue, EXIT, was just the added bonus. i.e. Lights, queens, shows, crowd!! I think you get the picture. Most of us do understand that you have to play to the masses and keep the crowd happy. That is understandable. Some times you just lose some of us. Is that bad. No! It is your style and like you said if the crowd doesn't like it then the can stay away. Obviously the crowd must love it because like you said again, "EXIT and Tempts are always packed." I know for one if I don't like the DJ or the venue I am not going back. And don't let all these people on this board fool you. They would have the same opinions as well. If it suck, it sucks, you don't go back and you don't support it. We support you and so do a lot of other's. The people on Club Planet make up the smallest portion of those who attend clubs. They are all entitled to their opinions. Do we all agree with them? NO! Do they agree with us? NO! That is what makes this forum so useful. We get to share all types of info with each other. I for one hold nothing against anyone on this site. I enjoy all types of music including, YOURS! Keep it coming and keep it real.

Just as a side note: I remember one time at EXIT when there was a drummer on stage with snares and congos and he was going off. You were going off as well. These are the moments that I remember and that I think are off the hook. Heavy ass music that everyone can enjoy!

Denny,

I was at tempts this sat and had a sick time. Yeah you played a couple of older songs towards the end of the night but who cares.The place was jumping, alot of energy, so all these people who gotta say shit don't go. They are probably the same people you will see dancing there every weekend. Keep up the good work!

Denny,

Every DJ has to play to a certain crowd. That is a given. Even the bitches like Junior do to a degree. Yeah I think he does play more of what ever the hell he wants and his LOYAL fans love every minute of it even when he plays shit, but usually a crowd will dictate.

I see it as if you don't fit into that Exit, Temptations kind of crowd or mindset, you don't belong listening to him. That's the group he plays for. You all know what I'm talking about. No matter if it's Roxy, SF, Exit, Twilo, Vinyl, etc.. they all have a different crowd and mindset. Stick with what works for you and when you venture out to other venues, don't complain. Lord knows I myself am guilty of that. People are having fun and enjoying someone that plays for THEM. Not you.

I myself don't fit into that Exit type of place and hence really don't care for Tsettos' music. Yeah he drops some good ones (was there 2 Saturdays ago and although music wasn't the best IMO, still had a good time), but not my style. I do give him is props for making his money and his name well known throughout the area. I also wish him the best of luck and thank him for giving variety to a scene that craves it! Is he a DJ that I will drop $20 to see? Nope. But to some he's the best.

People we all gotta stop comparing. That's the problem. Every DJ is their own. No way can you compare Junior to Oakenfeld? DT to JP? BT to Tsettos? etc. Let them take you on their journey. If you don't like it, don't come back.

addaboy

PS - Denny...MAJOR props for voicing your opinion and you side of the story. Hard to take shots and not come back swinging. I totally respect you for it and although not a fan of yours, I seriously wish you the best of luck.

just to add to airwave's reply...I have ripped Denny in the past but mainly to start a little drama with all the jersey backers in this forum. But to be totally honest there have been many times at Exit where the music was so moving that I never wanted to leave the dance floor. With any new club of course the venue will ultimately be the attraction but it's the dj and his energy that translates into a great event. And for me Exit was the ultimate event. Props to Denny, keep up the good work.

PS Denny please no more Zombie Nation though!

I guess you are right you have to cater to the general public. I personally like really heavy shit and a few times I was dissapointed when I heard too many vocal tracks and it left a bed taste with me. Most of the times I heard you spin I can remember having a good time and thats what is all about. I can remember you going off with some really crazy shit every now and then and losing my mind. If some people including myself drop some negative comments that just how they feel at the time and theres nothing you can do about it. Every DJ has on off night every now and again. You are right too, Tempts and Exit is packed every weekend, and you are on the biggest radio station in NYC, so you must be doing something right.

Denny's right it seems like alot of you people keep on dissing his music, but still every saturday your at Tempts. Why? Go somewhere else stay the fuck out. The place is always packed and the crowd is always rocking, and the crowd is always chantting his name for one more song. Denny keep up the good work and dont change your style and music selection for anyone all that matters is the 2000 people that get packed into that place and cant move appreciate your music.

Originally posted by airwave1:

Denny -

Way to speak your mind. Me and my friends have been to EXIT as often as we can considering we all live in Philly. (Most of us) I really don't like to continue any unnecessary drama when it is not needed. I do get offended when people on this site try and say shit like, "the people that go to EXIT don't know where the music is coming from, they don't know who the DJ's are." While some of these comments may hold true for some of crowd at EXIT, I think most of the crowd knows who you are and how good you are. I for one was blown away by both you and Eddie the first time I hear you guys. I was like, "who the hell is that DJ up there?" After I figured it out I was there to see Baez and Testtos not to just go to EXIT. All of my friends felt the same way. The venue, EXIT, was just the added bonus. i.e. Lights, queens, shows, crowd!! I think you get the picture. Most of us do understand that you have to play to the masses and keep the crowd happy. That is understandable. Some times you just lose some of us. Is that bad. No! It is your style and like you said if the crowd doesn't like it then the can stay away. Obviously the crowd must love it because like you said again, "EXIT and Tempts are always packed." I know for one if I don't like the DJ or the venue I am not going back. And don't let all these people on this board fool you. They would have the same opinions as well. If it suck, it sucks, you don't go back and you don't support it. We support you and so do a lot of other's. The people on Club Planet make up the smallest portion of those who attend clubs. They are all entitled to their opinions. Do we all agree with them? NO! Do they agree with us? NO! That is what makes this forum so useful. We get to share all types of info with each other. I for one hold nothing against anyone on this site. I enjoy all types of music including, YOURS! Keep it coming and keep it real.

Just as a side note: I remember one time at EXIT when there was a drummer on stage with snares and congos and he was going off. You were going off as well. These are the moments that I remember and that I think are off the hook. Heavy ass music that everyone can enjoy!

Airwave1,

Just to clarify...are you the same person that replied to another post about Denny? I believe you were saying something like "....Man he needs to look deep inside and figure out what the hell he is doing wrong." It's funny how no one will reply negatively to the actual "face" of the person they are bashing. Said it and Forget it!

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Originally posted by airwave1:

Denny -

Airwave1,

Just to clarify...are you the same person that replied to another post about Denny? I believe you were saying something like "....Man he needs to look deep inside and figure out what the hell he is doing wrong." It's funny how no one will reply negatively to the actual "face" of the person they are bashing. Said it and Forget it!

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Saynotodrama,

I do not contest that I said that in a earlier post but if you read what I posted above:

"Some times you just lose some of us. Is that bad. No! It is your style and like you said if the crowd doesn't like it then they can stay away."

I brought it up again. I am not ashamed to tell Denny that he loses me when I am there. But I will tell him that he really keeps me movin' too.

Hell me an my friends hang out at Shampoo in Philly and we tell Tronco that he loses us too. Ultimatiely it is Denny's choice as to what he plays. Yeah I don't like it when it is vocally and weak. I like heavy beats, I am not ashamed to say that. That is MY opinion. Does Denny care what I think. Probably not. But do I still support him? Yes. Sorry but I do not hide and I am not ashamed/affraid to speak my mind. That is just the way it goes.

Hey saynotodrama and, let it die. I do respect your opinion but don't attack me for speaking my mind.

Besides that before Denny made the post a lot of the comments that people made were all speculation. Now you have a direct comment from the man himself and you have to seriouly respect that. Look at that shit. He has been a member since Feb 99 or something. 1 post. 1 post to speak his mind. Dam that takes a lot of balls. You know he has been reading all these posts for some time and to only reply once and keep his cool in the post. Major Respect. I would have lost it long ago! Way to stay level headed!

Like I said before. The best thing about this site is that everyone can voice their opinions and learn from each other. In my eye, all valuable and resouceful information!

Guest ally

Originally posted by blondeee:

Denny,

LOVE IT!!! I have defended you non-stop... I love the VIBE in Tempts - I think it's the BEST out of any club I have ever been to.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

First post, Kel?!?! You go! Hee-Hee, I'm just saying hello! Oh, and Denny...I love the old stuff, keep playing old anthems / vocals and I'll be happy. Just don't trance out on us at Tempts and everything will be a-ok. I think I almost lost it to, "I See That Look in Your Eyes" and "Sweet Mercy Me"...the goods!

smile.gif Ally

Are we all kidding ourselves? As I read posts from yesterday to today, I would think we have two separate BBS' re: this issue. Please don't change your opinions just because we know Tsettos is reading. Anywho, Denny..one gripe. Milas ellinika? Yiati then les se kanenan oti esai ellinas? Tha eixame to proto super ellino-DJ. Preppie na pezeis stin ellada..Exo CLub sti Rhodo an thelis. He-He ..take care

Guest temptsboy

You know what you people are all goofs. What you have been to Tempts for one year and now your all big clubber. Please just stop. Half of you do not have a clue about the music or a vibe that you talk about. Again I am not knocking Denny all I am saying is that the club has changed. Tempts used to be the funnest club in the area. Water being thrown all over the place and people just having fun. All of this was possible because of the music. I do not mind old music its fun I dig it. But the vocals the stupid vocals dammmm.... All of you have not been there that long so really you dont know what I am talking about unless you have been going for more then one or two years. Anyway knock me all you want because I have the dance floor on sunday as proof that people were not enjoying it. Does anyone remember last years

sundays...

want my opinion??? ...I used to bash Tsettos all the time before based on the 4 times that I heard him play at EXIT one time that I heard him at Tempts ...but he really did a great job this past weekend. I got to see a diff. side of Denny ...he kept the energy ^^^ all night ...I had a great time and w/o drugs ...except for the shower when the lights came on ...haha

------------------

...Ph0eniX

[This message has been edited by Ph0eniX (edited 07-18-2000).]

Originally posted by temptsboy:

You know what you people are all goofs. What you have been to Tempts for one year and now your all big clubber. Please just stop. Half of you do not have a clue about the music or a vibe that you talk about. Again I am not knocking Denny all I am saying is that the club has changed. Tempts used to be the funnest club in the area. Water being thrown all over the place and people just having fun. All of this was possible because of the music. I do not mind old music its fun I dig it. But the vocals the stupid vocals dammmm.... All of you have not been there that long so really you dont know what I am talking about unless you have been going for more then one or two years. Anyway knock me all you want because I have the dance floor on sunday as proof that people were not enjoying it. Does anyone remember last years

sundays...

Who the hell are you to say how many years people been going to tempts and calling them goofs. I think we all can judge in our opinion what a vibe or music is that we like. What do we half to ask you first for your approval first if we liked the vibe last saturday at tempts .Another thing is the weather sucked this past weekend it wasn't a typical sunday. Things change get over last year, if you dont like denny and the vibe at tempts this summer dont come back and retire from tempts.

Guest temptsboy

Oh by the way the weather had nothing to do with it cuz the place had people in it but I guess no one had the urge to dance. So just shut it cuz you know nothing...

Haha.. Me n Denny have had arguements in the past via clubnyc and e:mail..

Personally, I could care less for Exit or any New Jersey venue.. I will say the reason Exit is packed is because of the club itself.. I'm sure if you asked everyone in there who the dj was, half of them would have no clue.. It's a mega club, and it attracts people.. Frankie Magz is a resident at Exit now.. How many of you heard of him before Exit?? Not many I'm sure.. The club is still packed every weekend, regardless of the djs.. Nuff Said..

I have nothing against Denny, but he just doesnt do it for me.. Never has, and probably never will.. I have heard him many times at Exit, Carbon, Tunnel, and in Westchester.. I just could never seem to enjoy him.. He seems like a really cool guy from the few letters we wrote each other last year, but I guess I just dont like the music he plays.. Obviously people do, or he would be out of a job..

Let the scrapples begin.. lol.. biggrin.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...