Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Peters could possibly be the most unskilled dj to work in a NY club. I went there on Saturday, and although aI had a good time with my friends, I really tried listening to the music, besides the fact that I didn't like the music selection, which is only my opinion, he played the same song for hours, and he repeated songs througjout the night. He absolutely has no mixing talents. I guess nobody really cares when your so mangled that all you need is some type of noise to keep you going. That place is missing energy!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Originally posted by sin-sational:

Peters could possibly be the most unskilled dj to work in a NY club. I went there on Saturday, and although aI had a good time with my friends, I really tried listening to the music, besides the fact that I didn't like the music selection, which is only my opinion, he played the same song for hours, and he repeated songs througjout the night. He absolutely has no mixing talents. I guess nobody really cares when your so mangled that all you need is some type of noise to keep you going. That place is missing energy!

Hey Sin...out of curiousity...who do u think is the best DJ in NYC and what club has more energy than SF??

By no means is this trying to start an argument...just curious that's all!

Personally...I'm a fan of JP...not die hard like a lot of his fans but do enjoy MOST of his sets....don't get me wrong...he has his off nites just like everyone else but I have to disagree with you on his mixing skills.

Yes he plays songs too long sometimes but remember he's not just playing the song...he's absolutely FUCKING with the song. It would be one thing if he just put on a song & looped it for 45 minutes...but he's not! Have u ever watched him DJ?? He works his ass up there (not always...but mostly). If he plays a song for 45 minutes...a lot of times he's playing the dub into the vocal...sometimes laying the acapella over it with LOTS of effects added to it! So next time listen a little more closely...you might change your mind a little on his skills (not trying to knock you)!

Also I feel the energy in SF is incredible most nites! Unfortunately K has killed a lot of that energy (not only in SF either) but now that yellow K is gone for the most part...you don't see the zombies as much! Blue K doesn't get you so wacked!

Sin...that wasn't your first time in SF was it?? If it was, I would HIGHLY suggest you try it again!

SF isn't for everyone...but please give it a fair shake!

SMOKEE

been to soundfactory over a dozen times...sometimes the place is just crazy with energy and sometimes its calm...but eveytime i go to Twilo on fridays, that place is INSANE with ENERGY...if you're all about the music, thats the place to be...they truly have the best dj's spin there on fridays...just my 2cents...Peace

------------------

eyeflash_e0.gif

Originally posted by Emmitt:

been to soundfactory over a dozen times...sometimes the place is just crazy with energy and sometimes its calm...but eveytime i go to Twilo on fridays, that place is INSANE with ENERGY...if you're all about the music, thats the place to be...they truly have the best dj's spin there on fridays...just my 2cents...Peace

I agree with you 10000% that Twilo Fridays has an amazing amount of energy! As well they have top class DJs! But IMO the crowd is horrendous! I have been there a few times on Friday and I have never seen so many little kids fucked up beyond belief...it's sickening! Now don't get me wrong Factory has many crackheads as well...but it seems to me they can handle their drugs better! Again just my observations!

Also what's up with kids still using pacifiers????? That has got to be the CORNIEST thing I've ever witnessed! LOL

Now I don't think the crowd plays a huge part in which club I will attend..but it does play somewhat of a role!

SMOKEE

PS - PVD is insane at Twilo but wayyyy too crowded!

Originally posted by thesandman:

Smokee doesn't like the pacifiers!!! What about my gas mask that I lace with Vics!!! You never called and I didn't see you there Sat. What happened??

Yeah I didn't call cause I decided not to go! Got way too drunk on Friday & just passed out Sat nite!

And boy am I glad I didn't go...I hear "Retro Metro" was nothing but complete cheese from the last couple years! Jersey shore revisited. I would have thought A-Z would have done better than that...but it's Jersey so maybe I was wrong to expect more!!!

What did u think of the nite?

SMOKEE

PS - pacifiers are cornyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sin go down stairs...Its nothing like upstairs... CLeaveland is butter...i like his style...

i recommend the basement factory to EVERYONE!!!if you like the johnny world up stairs it all good...i never thought i would say i like the CRACK HOUSE FACT..but the basement is phat...it so different... the whole mentality down stairs, it not a fashion show or a MUSCLE CONTEST..it was a phat expierence..i would most DIFF hit factory again...and chill in the basement all night again....

cwm23.gif KILL!!!!!!!!KILL!!!!!!!!KILL!!!!!!!

Smoke, No doubt i like Tsettos music selection better, but I've heard him do things with music that totally floored me!

I definitely think he spins the best at Tempts, I also thought Peters was a better DJ when he was at mirage!!!

I'm sorry but all the times I went to Factory I never walked out of there saying " the music was realy god tonite"

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Smoke, No doubt i like Tsettos music selection better, but I've heard him do things with music that totally floored me!

I definitely think he spins the best at Tempts, I also thought Peters was a better DJ when he was at mirage!!!

I'm sorry but all the times I went to Factory I never walked out of there saying " the music was realy god tonite"

I like his selection very much to but I think the people who don't like him is because of his selection, my opinion is mixinig skills are incredible.He does some things with beats and tracks that I sit there and go wow, plus the vocals he plays he teases you with it and brings back with a whole new beat.I still remember a set he did sunday 4th july weekend when he slowly sneaked in "sweet mercy me" with moving up and then hit you hard with. He is at his best at Tempts it's his home.

With Peters is like in the same set he can amaze me and put me to sleep. He's just like Vinnie Testiverdie in the same game Vinnie can have his best and worst.

[This message has been edited by tempkid (edited 02-05-2001).]

No that definitely wasn't my first time in the Factory, is a matter of fact i used to go every weekend for about a year two years ago,

Smokee, Personally I think Merrit, Vasquez, Tenaglia and Tsettos are much better DJs

------------------

As an addict of Sound Factory......I am totally done with that place for a while. After going to SF last weekend (1-27-01) I was totally disgusted. We tried Exit this past Saturday night and Boris was Slammin/GREAT. For after hours I did not even have the urge to go to SF. Hope JP can make a comeback.

No that definitely wasn't my first time in the Factory, is a matter of fact i used to go every weekend for about a year two years ago,

Smokee, Personally I think Merrit, Vasquez, Tenaglia and Tsettos are much better DJs

I agree that Factory used to be MUCH better but I still make the most of it when I go!

Sin...do u really think Tsettos is a better DJ?? Do u think his mixing skills are better or do u just like his track selection better??

I agree DT is better and Junior I give him MUCH respect..but Denny???

Again...I'm not slandering you...you are definitely entitled to your opinion (which I RESPECT!)...just merely trying to have a friendly debate that's all!

SMOKEE

Smoke, I don't think there was much cheese involved, I thought A to Z did some great shit as he usually does. I also like the fact that it was crowded but not wall to wall like Fridays. I am hanging low this weekend, probably Friday w/ Buck in Boken if your interested...