Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ASSHOLE or IDIOT?? i cant decide...

I got my acceptance letter from Rutgers today!!! (horray for me) My mom congradulated me, I think she is more excited about it than I am. Well, my dad came home and asked me what i got from Rutgers... when i told him what it was his reply was "oh". WTF??? No congrats, no good jog, just "oh". I really cannot tell, is he just an asshole, or is he an idiot?

hey girl, congrats... well, of course i don't know your dad but my father did the same thing to me when i was all excited and got accepted to colleges and whatnot. he would just say 'oh' and i'd be like what the flank.. he's not really an affectionate so i realized he said "oh" and not "Congratulations!!!!!!!!" because he knew i would get accepted to the places i applied to... but yea, i was still a lil pissed.. on top of that, my dad never went to college (typical italian father lol) so he doesn't know how hard the process of just applying to colleges is.. it's a lil tough to look at it in their shoes, but sometimes there is a reason for their idiocy lol...

congratulations again baby tongue.gif and good luck with everything.. remember that your life has just begun..

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"Music is well said to be the speech of Angels."

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa

[This message has been edited by mareluna (edited 02-24-2001).]

Aw, Jenn, congratulations! That's great news! Maybe your dad is having a hard time accepting the fact that his little girl is growing up. College is a huge deal; maybe he is worried that he'll "lose" his little girl in the process. I think the best thing to do is to keep him involved in the whole admissions process, and invite him to offer his opinion. Keeping him up-to-date on your plans, classes, et cetera will probably make him feel like a part of this exciting event. Even though he may not be expressing all the positivity that your mom is, rest assured, he is surely VERY proud of you!!

MY DAD IS KIND OF LIKE THAT TOO.THEY JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS WHAT THEY FEEL INSIDE IN TO WORDS.IT HURTS, BUT LET ME TELL YOU AS THEY GET A LITTLE OLDER THEY LEARN HOW TO.THE REASON IS THAT THEY HAVE A FEAR OF BEING ALONE SO THEY HAVE TO START TO OPEN UP.GIVE HIM A BREAK HE S YOUR DAD.JUST KNOW HE LOVES YOU AND TAKE HIM FOR WHAT HE IS.GOOD LUCK IN SCHOOL AND CONGRATS.

FZERO cwm18.gifcwm18.gifcwm29.gifcwm18.gifcwm18.gif

Asshole or idiot... I would say probably neither. He obviously just doesn't have a way or know howto be affectionate and congratulate you, either way who cares, he is the one paying for the yearly payments ofl ike 20 grand.. hehe wink.gif good luck girl.

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

congratulations!! well i agree i dont think he is either.. i just think maybe hes just like oh my baby is leavin me and maybe hes just thinking of how he wont see you everyday anymore.. but i understand how u feel he should be somewhat happy that ur smart.. cwm12.gif

------------------

Look to the sun,

Dream with the night,

Whisper secrets to the stars,

Dance circles around the earth.

littleangel.gif

[This message has been edited by djstarlite (edited 02-26-2001).]

Congrat's!!! You will have so much fun in College..If you dorm!! My dad is like that too...when I'm all excited he shows no emotion..so I feel the same...he's an asshole and an idiot sometimes..the thought if his lil-girl going away and becoming a women probably upset him...