Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sat. Gatecrasher Reviw -- Judge Jules

Odd. Nobody has posted a review for saturday night so here it goes:

The line outside wasn't that bad, got there at 1:30. Once inside I found that there were way too many stragglers that just came for the hell of it. The true fans stayed till closing, but the last half of Jules's set wasn't very impressive. The lighting effects weren't at all what I expected compared to the Tiesto/Gatecrasher night back in March.

Definetely has a great time putting faces to names from the board. BlueAngel, Glowsticks, Clubhead32, Exit2Heaven and a few others I forgot. Pleasure meeting all of you. Looking forward to the next meet up.

The best part of the evening took place walking to the diner. Glanced across the street to find a she-man beating the crap out of this guy. I'll call it "it." It went to tackle the guy but moved out of the way and It headbutted a lamp pole. Ouch. After some rustling around It's wig and skirt came off. My friends and I were standing there cracking up, the cops came and found a baseball bat too. Damn, I love NYC.

------------------

twilo%20-%20clubplanet%20logo.jpg

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

I wasn't there but a good friend of mine said that Jules was hot?? I expected to see a more positive review from what she told me. cwm37.gif

------------------

"And that is what empower-meant when she said; you'll miss me baby but I'm not going anywhere." - mbd

I thought jules was good!! Where was the meetup - behind the bar on the main dance floor at two? I went, but I didn't see anyone so I went back to the stage!! Would have been nice to meet you all though!!

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

crobra.bmp

yo. i was there. it was lots of fun. i thought the lighting was quite good. Ashley Casselle's deep, spiritual progressive beats were a nice touch and fit well with the church-like ambiance of Limelight. When Jules came on the place was rockin'. So much fun. He interaction with the crowd was dope. He banged out big hits - Picotto's "baguette" , Riva's "stringer." The place exploded with the world famous line from "flash"... ("Camera's ready"..blablabla you.. know it). Its too bad I got tired fast. By 4:30 i was outta there. Can anyone tell me what went down after I left. Sorry I missed seeing you message board folks. All in all, Gatecrasher's return to NYC was great fun. And yes, the line was not long at all. Anyone have photos??!! I would love some photos. I saw a dude with a digital camera. I think it was the guy Gatecrasher hires. Anways, if any of yuo have photos or know where I can find photos from the Limelight party please respond. Thanks

I have to agree with Teklord. I thought Jules' set was SORELY lacking. He played mostly "annoying" techno, with some hard trance thrown in. My friend actually got de-converted from being a fan.

But Pballs, you should have stayed till the end. Ashley Casselle closed with a couple of hours worth of good prog music. He finished w/ "for an Angel" played out over a slow(?) breakbeat and brought the dancefloor back to life after all the people left after Jules' set. High point of the night I think, but not as great at Teklord's visions of New York. cwm37.gif

And as for the lasers, last time, there was a laser setup at the back of the stage, which wasn't there last night.

------------------

...it's quiet now...and as I think my thoughts alone...I try to keep my head straight... but i thnk i'm too far goneeeeeeee................

[This message has been edited by xpander (edited 06-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by xpander (edited 06-03-2001).]

i really liked the judge's set. pure energy and he brought it real hard for most of the night. if i'm not mistaken, he spun a lot of trancey stuff- 10 in 01 by members of mayday, a great mix of 'superstring' by cygnus x, and 'no alternative' by, hmm, dunno.

it's disappointing they took away the larger screens of computer animation. the best images were probably from the sandra collins GC.

i was disappointed with the big crowd- i'm hoping future GCs won't be so packed. i wonder if this is the 'twilo closing' ripple effect.

i finally recovered enough to say a little sumpin' about my gatecrasher experience! overall good, but i wouldn't credit gatecrasher with that.

i was really disappointed with the music; it sounded the same all night, to me. the tempo never even changed. but it was nice enough to bop along to sometimes.

and very few seemed to be at the meetup. where was everybody? i'm with crobra; i was there and only saw a couple of peeps when i hear that so many others were there that night - you doodyheads! but i ran into so many of you other guys later, all over the place, that i felt the clubplanet love anyway.

but i thought the vibe was pretty wack. the people seemed pretty blase, and that, unfortunately, can get contagious. if everybody spreads an "i don't really wanna be here" vibe, yet they stay, people can get kinda hostile.

anyway, i stayed and had a nice time, so whatev. it was all about the good people i ran into. i wanna give some major shoutouts smile.gif to orchid, saigray, glowsticks, shyster, and crossy, and hey to all the news peeps i met, too.

wooooooooo

i still wanna go back to sleep...

No line, good crowd, lotsa my peeps = excellent time at GC. Tail end of what I assume was Bill Patrick's set was phat, and I thought Judge Jules was dam good, certainly better than peeps report him to be, I din think he was terribly cheezy or commercial and I was actually pretty impressed all around. Yeah, Jules is pretty cute from what I could tell, and dam I loved that Never Tear Us Apart remix! Plus, anyone who plays Mamaconda is A-OK by me... classic! The lasers and visuals were awesome as always for the GC parties, tho there seemed to be less of them, they were still phat for sure. I wish LL had some of those lasers, man... they get me every time.

I had 3 clubbers with me who had never been to LL (and one of them was my big-brother, that was really fun!), so I was kind of showing them around and cruise-directing all night, but I def had a good ole time...

Glowsticks... you rockstar! Quit following me, kid! Teklord-nice to meet you kid, and Saigray (got it now, sister smile.gif ), Ichernomor, the long-lost-and-never-more-lovely Rebecca07, Bonzai-nice to meet you too, finally... BlueAngel it seems like I always miss you by *that* much! Ummmm... who else? Ummm... well... doing my best here...

Hugs!

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

Originally posted by pwoofo:

i really liked the judge's set. pure energy and he brought it real hard for most of the night. if i'm not mistaken, he spun a lot of trancey stuff- 10 in 01 by members of mayday, a great mix of 'superstring' by cygnus x, and 'no alternative' by, hmm, dunno.

It was Rank 1's remix of Superstring (White Label). RBA- No Alternative. This is the biggest ripoff of Zombie Nation, decent melody but they use a similar progression, identical synths and simply COPIED the bassline.

It's an embarrassment (listen to the snares and hihats). Pure cheese. He also played Picotto- Like This Like that, Hi Gate- Caned & unable,The Green Martian- Industry, Joy Kitikonti- Joy Energizer, & Mauro Picotto- Verdi

The first hour was Noise...way too loud.

Overall I give his set a 6. Although I expected more cheese...but I wasn't impressed. Terrible programming. I had a great time though. The vibe was great & the Lazers were SICK.

Xpander- Ashely Casselle closed w/For an Angel (Ashtrax remix). Ashtrax is Casselle & Paul Greendale, all on Deviant.

------------------

Good Girls go to Heaven, Bad Girls go to Amsterdam!

AIM: Trancegoddess21

I have been a Judge fan for about a year.I listen to his broadcast on BBC via my lovely MAC.Must admit it was different than whatI thought he was going to be like. I think he held it together nicely I danced my ass off. got there around 3 stayed till closing. Gonna go see him at ROXY on the 14th anyone else going?

so many times i have promised myself not to go tp limelight but i decided to give it one last chance this saturday and i have to say it wasnt that bad for limelight. the crowd was great (for limelight standards) much better than usually and more mature.

P.S. girls thank you for the present cwm38.gif and for .... you know what wink.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gifPVD(Shrunk).jpg

"Luna, thank you so much!"

Wow.

i am amazed. I loved every second of the set. Every DJ gets cheezy here and there.

But I danced without stopping for a good 6 hours that night. I was very impressed with

J.J. I will definitely factor in more Limelight runs as long as they keep getting the DJ's. I didn't think that anyone would dislike this set, He had Limelight jumping all night...

------------------

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

the 1st time is always the best. Unless Digweed is spinning!!!