Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston info???

Originally posted by danm:

I'm heading up to Boston this Friday to see U2 and then Jimmy Van M at Avalon. I know all the clubs close at 2. Does anyone know of any good afterhours?

Dunno about Fridays, but I used to do a radio mix show there during that post-clubbing time slot. smile.gif

For Saturdays (Sunday morning), there is a place called Rise. It started after I left Beantown, so I don't know too much about it. Check the Boston board (as dead as it is, I have seen some info there) or http://www.bostonclubs.com

There is an afterhours club called Rise, DJ Manolo spins there (resident at Avalon on saturday nights). The only unfortunate thing about this club is that you have to either be a member or go to the club with a member, so unless you can find someone who is a member then you might be out of luck. One chance that you might have is to post on the Boston forum, I met someone that was a member there and they might want to meet up and help you out. Good Luck!

Here's the little bit of info I've got. There's an afterhours called Rise that's right in the city. Here's the webpage http://www.skymedia.com/rise/ You can get info from there.

You'll read there is a catch to this thing, the only way in is to be a member or be sponsored by one. If you go to www.soundfactoryboston.com and right an e-mail to DJ Manolo he might be able to help you out. He's the resident DJ at Avalon and he helps people out in any way possible. I know this may all sound kind of complicated but this is the only afterhours that I know of right now.

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

I just moved from Boston a couple months ago, and honestly the best after hours are usually the house parties. But FYI -- Rise is a gay club. Some care, others don't but you may want to know before you try to go there. and yes, check out the Boston board and ask about DeJaVu... I dont know if its still going but its on the NH/Mass line and they run it on the first or second weekend of every month. There is also a club called Pulse in Providence, RI. It opens up at 6am Sunday and goes til 12noon. Hope this helps you out