Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is the term "bisexual" enough???

I'm just wondering. Does it refer to someone who can go either way 50/50? definitely.

Does it also apply to people who are like 90 percent straight and 10 percent gay

and to people who feel 90 percent gay and 10 percent straight? (for example)

Maybe there should be some more differentiation in terms.

Does anyone else hate using that term?

I just don't feel it accurately describes

all of the above.

Am I crazy?

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

if you're crazy then so am i because i feel the same exact way. and what exactly makes you bisexual? can you just be attracted to people and occasionally fool around or do you actually have to be in a relationship or can you just have intense feelings for someone?

------------------

14.jpg

There are statistics showing that the majority of gay people have, at some point in their lives, had hetero sex, most probably because of the pressure that the society had on them while they were trying to figure themselves out.

I've known quite a few "true bisexuals", to whom the 50/50 guideline applies, and most were pretty whacked individuals - had their heads full of issues.

------------------

In G We Trust

Originally posted by millertime22:

how about don't use a term. labels just mess things up. no labels, no logo

When people ask you about your sexual orientation, how do you answer? What language do you use to define yourself to your self?

I agree that labels can mess things up, but only when the labels are used simply for the purpose of labeling, or generalizing.

They are, however, necessary to some extent.

Emiliep- I'm with you, Also, what do you use to decide, you feelings, thoughts and desires, or what actually occurs in your life?

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

Originally posted by lavendermenace:

Emiliep- I'm with you, Also, what do you use to decide, you feelings, thoughts and desires, or what actually occurs in your life?

EXACTLY. if i were to go by just my thoughts and desires, i'm probably more gay than i am straight. but as far as actions go, it doesn't match up!

------------------

14.jpg

Originally posted by starcapone:

what am i??

i like men and women.i would only become sexually involved with women-who else could please u better than women??! as with men i'd be emotionally and sexually involved.

So, for you, with women its jutst about sex, but with men its both?

I think I have the exact opposite thing going on.

------------------

Apparently there are either 5 or 7 different stages of sexuality. Of course I have forgotten them, but there is a different term used for bisexuals if they arn't 50/50 or whatever. I will go through my notes and try to figure it out. Considering I am going into sex therapy this would probably be a good thing to know.

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

Now we've sort of come full circle. These last few posts bring me back to my original question about the different levels of bisexuality. It would definitely be cool to meet up with a bunch of like-minded women to discuss these issues and feel some solidarity, but as far as hookups and relationships go, I don't think I want to find someone who is just messing around with women, "bi-curious", if you will. I want to find someone with relationship potential, or atleast knows what they are doing.

A lot of lesbians (at least the ones I know) steer clear of BI-girls because they don't want to wind up as a mainly straight girl's "experiment" And I hate to say it but I understand this fear because I was that experiment to a girl once, and it felt aweful.

girl i totally feel you. in a way, i want to meet someone who takes initiative and knows what she wants. as i said before, if we're supposed to go by our thoughts and desires, i'd have no doubts about anything. but it's not only that. i have yet to be in a relationship with a girl and would love to be in one, but i don't want to do to someone what was done to you. i don't even know if that's what would happen in the first place since it's never happened to me, so who knows.

------------------

14.jpg

Originally posted by emiliep:

girl i totally feel you. in a way, i want to meet someone who takes initiative and knows what she wants. as i said before, if we're supposed to go by our thoughts and desires, i'd have no doubts about anything. but it's not only that. i have yet to be in a relationship with a girl and would love to be in one, but i don't want to do to someone what was done to you. i don't even know if that's what would happen in the first place since it's never happened to me, so who knows.

I don't think I would necessarily shun someone who was experiemnting with RELATIONSHIPS with women. Its the ones who just want to experiment with fooling around with girls. they are dangerous, and pretty much a waste of time. cwm1.gif

------------------

I don't think I would necessarily shun someone who was experiemnting with RELATIONSHIPS with women. Its the ones who just want to experiment with fooling around with girls. they are dangerous, and pretty much a waste of time. cwm1.gif

LOL. too bad they don't have a warning sign flashing on their foreheads!

------------------

14.jpg

Originally posted by boa_boy:

labels schlabel

be who you want to be

do who you want to do

yeah

wink.gif

What world are you living in? There will always be labels.

Nice thought though.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

I don't think I ever gave my opinion on the origanal question. I don't like the term bi sexual, but why? I don't know. I think we should make up a word that we would like to be called. Something pretty and feminine perhaps?

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

Originally posted by sinergygrl:

I don't think I ever gave my opinion on the origanal question. I don't like the term bi sexual, but why? I don't know. I think we should make up a word that we would like to be called. Something pretty and feminine perhaps?

how about

"blossom"

------------------

Where did my liver go?....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Originally posted by sinergygrl:

I just think there should be several subcategories under the umbrella of Bisexual. That term encompases way too much

------------------

Originally posted by dale77:

Originally posted by boa_boy:

labels schlabel

be who you want to be

do who you want to do

yeah

wink.gif

What world are you living in? There will always be labels.

Nice thought though.

LIKE CARPET MUNCHER?

Carpet muncher... that is so beautiful! cwm9.gif

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

to obscure the obvious."

Originally posted by littled:

ummm... just for the record girlies, you dont have to come up to me and ask... the answer's yes, lets just start goin' at it. cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

now i'm REALLY gonna come find you when you go to sf!!

cwm12.gif

------------------

14.jpg