Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeff Mills@ Limelight .....

First time i saw him....he was insane....i couldnt help but stand up on the balcony for a good hour just watching him work. He is prob the best show ive seen...i'd say heard as well, but it isnt exactly my music preference.....he is raw talent.....great tracks, skills, etc....he was awesome...one of the best DJ's in the buisness PERIOD.

Peace

-Al-

------------------

"Twilo, collaborating inhibitions into one single ryhthmic pulse spelled P-H-A-Z-O-N!" -S. Stambaugh

twilos.gifTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

A.RRiezgo@verizon.net <----- NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS!!!

mills was da man last night. some of the best techno i have ever heard. thats all i can write now cause im still trying to recover.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

I AIN'T ON THE GUESTLIST I AIN'T V I P

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

As he was this time last year when I saw him for the first time, Jeff Mills was extraordinary last night. He is in his own category (like the DT of his genre) and is perhaps the most technically proficient DJ I've ever seen/heard. I'm still blown away... What a f-ing talent.

And more than excellent seeing all you CP peeps: Schwingep, TT64, Shadowchaser, Meli, Brandi, Glowsticks, Bang66, Powerpuff, Tanya, Sarah, FilthySlag, Az-tec, Boa Boy (OMG, you on the stage, you drunkard!) Um... who else? NYC420 and Charrails, nice to finally meet you cats smile.gif! Sorry whoever im forgetting ::cough cough:: Robitussin... getting... best... of.. me...

Hugs ::cough cough:: and see you at Leps tonight?

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

I must say that even if it's not my type of music, Mills was technically very good. I specially liked Hazmat who played in the other room.

------------------

"And he applies his mind to obscure arts..."

-Ovid M. VIII

G' LOW G' OATS

Soo what did you guys think?

For me Mills, and continued by Function, was rockin Bangin Techno. (a couple of technical foul ups....but very minor)

Was hoping for a lil more Ghetto Tech but he did have my ass shakin on the floor the whole time, with all the Techno (w/disco and even Acid house worked in a couple of times)

------------------

ani_300.gif

Next total solar eclipse:

21 June 2001 Zimbabwe

(look for live web broadcast)

"Are there really Angels? ... Or are they just in our mind?"

RIP - Mota20 ... your gentle words of ncouragement will be remembered

.....sick

ya'll read my mind!!!!

Nice to chill with all the CNYC'ers

although a couple of you dissed AGAIN -

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

cwm20.gifcwm20.gif

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

AIM: Neydoggs

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

icegirl.art

yet again he proved to me why heismy favorite DJ...

I thought he was even better than last time he was here at thanksgiving...

Great hangin with everyone who was there.you know who you are.. smile.gif

the crowd at LL is not my fav.but the music is all that counts....

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

jeff mills - the music aint my cup of tea, but he's quite a show to watch

whoever was playing downtempo in the trigger room around 2-3ish has some damn good taste in music.

------------------

never play leapfrog with a unicorn. (darkfyre@yahoo.com)

the man blew me away last year, and did even better this time around....by far the most skillful dj i have ever seen....loved the disco thrown in there too....

met function while working at liquids the night before and unwittingly dissed his set to his face...so he hooked me up with a comp and shut me up some......what can i say, i stand corrected...

...and blueskygirl- shame on you..especially after that cracked dream you had of me....

great seeing the rest of y's there....

Oh he kicked ass.....

First time hearing him at all and I was blown away....

great seeing everyone too!

Of course my voice is gone from screaming at some asshole who tried to pickpocket me!

Fortunatly, one of Exodusts sweet friends saved me....thanks again!!!!!

Lexi

cwm12.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

[This message has been edited by lextacy (edited 06-11-2001).]

Originally posted by pulsedriver:

I couldn't help but just stand there and watch him in amazement. He's so fast and profficient, A true musical genius!!

Yea, same here. I was only there for maybe an hour or so (wasn't feeling too well) . . . but during that time all I could do is stare at him in awe. My jaw were hanging the entire time.

He definately proved himself worthy!

BlueAngel

------------------

“I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.” - John Cage

boobielogo2.jpg

LOL yes BSG that was me flailing about on stage.....but boy did he sober my ass up quick......OMG best set I can think of since 1999, and y'all know that I be going out every weekend! To top the nite off hit Vinyl after limelight shut and Danny was the best I'd seen him since 1998 or 1999..dark eveil shit..I was completely overwhelmed by the music, and strolled home from Vinyl with a dopey ass grin........very lucky boy seeing 2 of my top 3 on point on the one nite, with the 3rd (Sneak) hitting Centro in a couple of weeks cwm32.gif

Thanks and shout outs to the CNYC peeps who joined in the rock star partying, and Al your 21st sure shit all over mine wink.gif

------------------

Where did my liver go?....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Wicked wicked good DJ = Jeff Mills

First time seeing him, and all I could do was wipe the drool off my chin. Definitely the best DJ out there. Boys got mad skills on the tables. It sucks that the demand for him so over exceeds his supply.....come back soon Jeff!

------------------

(((((((Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, Rage against the dying of the light))))))Dylan Thomas (Even early 20th century poets hated to leave the club)....

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves.

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

damn.....didn't realize so many of you actualy went......to bad I only bump into twon of you frown.gif

------------------

ani_300.gif

Next total solar eclipse:

21 June 2001 Zimbabwe

(look for live web broadcast)

"Are there really Angels? ... Or are they just in our mind?"

RIP - Mota20 ... your gentle words of ncouragement will be remembered

Man I was so torn btwn seein Mills and reprazentin in DC! Any word on when Mills is spinnin again? I need to see the master at work!

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued is just out of your grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, it will alight upon you." Walt Whitman

AIM: Jewel44317

He seemed a little uncomfortable for the first 20 minutes or so. He really turned it on after that record skipped. It figures, just about the only time he has one record spinning all night and it skips. Once he hit the switches though. If there's anyone better on the 909 I haven't seen him.