Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SKYDIVING ANYONE?

Has anyone on this board ever been skykdiving before? I know da13ear has....I went last summer with my friends, August 28th to be exact and it was the best experience ever! We are trying to do it again this summer. My advice to anyone that hasn't...do it. You totally feel as though you can accomplish anything afterwards....

For anyone that has done it....how was your experience?

~DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER, BUT SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED~

--AIM: NYCGODDESS00--

I'm terribly afraid of heights, but am extremely happy that I tried it. One of the most memorable experiences. I did the tandem jump too, but in my case it was a cute chicky on my ass. So no bad parts. smile.gif We did a couple of flip-turns in the beginning too. There was a third guy jumping with us with a video camera filming the fall from just 4-5 feet away. Having the video was definitely worth an extra $40. I'd recommend everyone try it.

------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by dzadza (edited 06-14-2001).]

Just before I left the States two years ago, my department gave me a sky-diving voucher cause I was always talking about it and wanted to do it so badly. Anyway, it was my leaving present and it was the best 'high' I've ever had. Incredible!!!!!! The moment I stepped to the door and looked outside...I thought "damn what the hell am I doing here"...then we jumped and I'm sure my heart stopped beating for a while...it's the feeling of falling while you are dreaming...only difference - you won't wake up. After two or three seconds, when all the adrenalin was pushed through my body...I felt this amazing high of freedom and excileration....I was screaming but couldn't even hear myself. When the cord was pulled, suddenly there was the most intense silence and peace I have ever felt....freedom and harmony - pure.

Anyway, I just can say that whoever is thinking about it: do it cause it will definitely be a never-fading memory (damn I still can feel it in my stomach just by taking about it)!!!!!

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by flying_high (edited 06-14-2001).]

I def. want to go!!! LMK when you plan this, I've never been but it's one of the few things I'd love to try....I don't want any tandem jumps either, I want to fly solo...can you do that or do you HAVE to go tandem the first time?

btw dzadza---"Imagination is more important than knowledge"---einstein....I think your quote is pretty funny too.

Tenupa

Tenupa - you don't have to do the tandem first. When I did it I had the option of jumping alone, but in that case there would have been no free fall, the parachute would open automatically right when you jump out. Free fall was the best part of it, so I'd recommend doing the tandem.

Yeah, Einstein has a lot of good quotes, here's another couple that I like:

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by dzadza (edited 06-14-2001).]

Tandem jump for me... Was soooooo much fun!!!

Two back-flip straight off of the plane, fell facing up for a while to watch the plane zoom off, then flipped into a barrel roll before slowing down a bit for the cute.

I would've gone up again right there if they would have let me... biggrin.gif

Anyone who has the chance to do it definitely go!! I'm probably going again fairly soon. Have a bunch of friends here who haven't done it and want to...

Woohoo!!! cwm35.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

I just went for the first time this sunday...it was great, nothing like want I expected, I didn't even have time to think by the time it was my turn to jump, my first thought out of the plane was like "why am I doing this stupid shit", but then as soon as you're out you don't wonder anymore,I was out of the plane I was just so entralled by the whole experience. it was cool to just sit there and fall, definately an amazing experience.

ahhh my boyfriend and i have been dying to go skydiving. we r gonna go sumtime this summer. i wanna do the tandem jump just in case i freak out up there.

btw--- does anyone know a good skydiving company to go with in the nyc area??

thanx<3