Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Movie --- "Groove"

hey everyone

maybe i am in the dark ages cuz i heard its been out for a while

- but i just saw this movie last nite --

GROOVE..

and i must say -- it was really a dope movie -- .. i enjoyed the soundtrack.. the digweed cameo wuz kewl -- and the overall story was really realistic - brought me back to the days of "map points" --

aynway -

if any of you have not seen this yet -- Definatley go rent it on your next nothing to do day =)

------------------

Religion is for those who fear going to hell-

Spirituality is for those who have already been there!

angelSIG.jpg

Originally posted by imnikki:

hey everyone

maybe i am in the dark ages cuz i heard its been out for a while

- but i just saw this movie last nite --

GROOVE..

and i must say -- it was really a dope movie -- .. i enjoyed the soundtrack.. the digweed cameo wuz kewl -- and the overall story was really realistic - brought me back to the days of "map points" --

aynway -

if any of you have not seen this yet -- Definatley go rent it on your next nothing to do day =)

Great Movie....I've seen it like 10 times and just gets better and better.

cwm11.gif

i cant find human traffic

my video rental store does not carry it

i might just have to purchase the damn thing!

------------------

angelSIG.jpg

i thought it was phat the first time...but after that it was lame

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Originally posted by imnikki:

i cant find human traffic

my video rental store does not carry it

i might just have to purchase the damn thing!

Groove was cool....I work in a video store and I have seen it like 100 times. Why you ask > because it is about the only movie with good music and so I play it often. If you were a member at my store, I would let u rent Human Traffic, too bad ur local store doesn't have it.

cwm19.gif

Originally posted by tastyt:

A night in the life of British ravers.

Run out and rent it, or better yet, buy it!

do you know if blockbuster has it?

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

sig.jpg

cool im gonna leave soon to go get it...ill put up a review!

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

sig.jpg

The best thing i could say about Groove is that it was cute. It had some intersting things going on and some interesting situations, but there was too much in it that was not believable. (let's not start the suspense of disbelieve thing) Also the writing was piss poor. The acting was not bad i must say, except for John Digweed. I did not believe he was some kind of superstar dj. cwm2.gif

Human Traffic which is the new release section of Most Bloackbusters on Viedo, but not DVD. cwm23.gif is an awesome film. It is about a gropu of 4 British Clubbers, and their lives around a particular weekend. It is very intelligently done. Well written and funny as hell. i highly recommend this film.

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Originally posted by mik-e_smilez:

but there was too much in it that was not believable.

like what?

------------------

angelSIG.jpg

top ten - drug/club dance, music related movies

1. Human Traffic

2. Trainspotting

3. Go

4. Modulations

5. Better Living Through Circuitry

6. Alice in Wonderland

7. GU: Underworld (DVD only)

8. Groove

9. Urgh! A music war

10.Purple Rain

------------------

You are unique, just like everyone else!

groove was definately somewhat of a half-baked for ravers/rollers. I really love that movie though (probably mostly for the music), and I happen to own it too... watched it one too many times. The only bad parts in the movie were when that older writer guy and the layla girl had thier little talks... they were so boring.

------------------

Is it Friday yet???

Procrastination is the art of.......... never mind, I'll finish this quote later.

music: indispensable component of life... recognizes no limits and no confines... uniting black with white, young with old, and the good with the bad.

Do you want another taste of my ice cream?

I own it also. And although I do like it. It is a little bit like an after-school special.

Sweet.

Originally posted by jennEfer:

groove was definately somewhat of a half-baked for ravers/rollers. I really love that movie though (probably mostly for the music), and I happen to own it too... watched it one too many times. The only bad parts in the movie were when that older writer guy and the layla girl had thier little talks... they were so boring.

------------------

You are unique, just like everyone else!

i just showed groove to a friend this weekend and he really disliked it. he said the only good part was seeing digweed spin. i dunno, i also found the movie unbeleivable. maybe because the budget was so tight that the same twenty people appear in every scene and that the dance floor never has more than about 30 people on it, trying to look like 2000. whoever said it looked like an afterschool special was on the money.

on the other hand, anyone have any impression of better living through circuitry? heard it's a little old-fashioned- rave scene seen through the eyes of a crusty old documentary maker.

also, wasn't there supposed to be a film released soon about the winter music festival?

thanks in advance for any info.

cwm38.gif OMG THE MOVIE SUCKED!! IT'S BEEN OUT FOR A YEAR AT LEAST I MEAN THERE WERE SOO MANY FREAKS LMAO THE ONLY GOOD PART WAS WITH THE E AND HOW THE KID TRIPPED OUT LMAO BUT OMG THOSE PEOPLE ON LINE "YEAH MET ME AND WE'LL GO TO A RAVE" OKAY I DONT EVEN KNOW U AND THEY LIVE IN A CITY LMAO PROPS TO THE MUSIC CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I <33 BUT THE MOVIE SOWWIE PERSONALLY I DIDNT THINK IT WAS GOOD LOL ~~>> SOUNDFACTORY ENOUCH SAID MUWAH cwm38.gif

cwm38.gif OMG THE MOVIE SUCKED!! IT'S BEEN OUT FOR A YEAR AT LEAST I MEAN THERE WERE SOO MANY FREAKS LMAO THE ONLY GOOD PART WAS WITH THE E AND HOW THE KID TRIPPED OUT LMAO BUT OMG THOSE PEOPLE ON LINE "YEAH MET ME AND WE'LL GO TO A RAVE" OKAY I DONT EVEN KNOW U AND THEY LIVE IN A CITY LMAO PROPS TO THE MUSIC CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I <33 BUT THE MOVIE SOWWIE PERSONALLY I DIDNT THINK IT WAS GOOD LOL ~~>> SOUNDFACTORY ENOUCH SAID MUWAH cwm38.gif

I thought Groove was a horrible portaryal of the underground scene. I don't want to get into it now but the movie was rediculous.

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

Midiman.bmp

Glad you got to see Groove. Plenty of peeps are happy to tear it apart, but i really enjoyed it, it felt like a conglomeration of most of my experiences out.

Human Traffic is fun for the same reason. I had to buy it at Circuit City but I'm happy to watch it over.

See ya at the dinner meetup.

e

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

ok i willjust give you one piece of what was unbelievable. The Rave was $2 to get the directions to go at the map point. Hence $2 bought you a entrance to a party with Digweed spinning. Of course Digweed is playing himself and the bill him as a renowned DJ, so right there we have have a problem Houston. cwm11.gif

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE