Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opinion on Best Hip Hop Night in NYC

I use to go there a lot,well had to make a detour to get there,cops tried there best to keep us from the club.Sundays was the best hip hop party.Don't know if the party is still happening,but if it is,go check it out.

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!

DJ Kleva at Tunnel on Saturdays is pretty hot. you should check him out.

------------------

"The Future's uncertain and the end is always near...so who's holding on?"

"Stop Whispering, Start Shouting"

AOL IM--->DonVito486

There are less well-known places, one of which is more of a lounge really...Bar 16/Lounge 16 on 1st and 1st (LES). The address # is 16, creative. I know. It goes along with that shabby chic theme. I like NV Thursdays...simply because it's reliable. God--Philly is so much better for hip-hop.

OK- Before some of you veterans on the board start trashing me and going off on unrelated tangents....

I'd like to ask for some opinions on what spots play the best Hip Hop on which nights. Like a lot of people I know, I like to mix it up once in a while and check out the Hip Hop room in a club or go to a club only playing Hip Hop.

Some fairly decent spots in my opinion-

Cheetah

Exit- Blue Room

SF

For those who like to be medicated at the club, you should try listeneing to rap for a change. The beats can hit pretty hard, especially with a good sound system, and the crowd is usually live if it's not too thugged out with punks.

No offense intended to those heads pure to electronica, just trying to expand some horizons....