Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mother killing her own...five...children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 2001 -- Horrifying new details of the deaths of five Texas kids drowned by their mom emerged yesterday - as their grief-stricken dad stunned the nation by declaring his undying love for his wife.

The Houston Chronicle, quoting an unidentified investigator, said Andrea Yates told cops that her oldest son, Noah, 7, walked into the bathroom as she drowned his baby sister, 6-month-old Mary.

"What's wrong with Mary," the little boy asked - then bolted from the room.

His mom chased him through the house and dragged him to the bathtub, where he shared his siblings' fate, the report said.

In an extraordinary news conference, Russell Yates, the NASA computer scientist who raced home from work to find his life in ruins, stood in front of his Houston home yesterday, gripped a portrait of his wife and children and spoke stoically of forgiveness.

"You know, Andrea, if you see this, I love you," he told his imprisoned wife, who is due in court today on a charge of capital murder.

"I want to help her through this. I want to show her that I love her, support her, and be there for her.

"It's hard because on one hand I know she killed our children, but on the other I know that the woman here is not the woman who killed my children . . . She wasn't in the right frame of mind."

Andrea Yates, 36, drowned Noah, Mary, John, 5, Paul, 3 and Luke, 2 - before calling police and her husband to their tidy brick home Wednesday morning, authorities said.

Fear gripped her husband as he raced home from the nearby Johnson Space Center after a chilling phone conversation.

"She said, ‘I need you to come home.' I said, ‘Is anyone hurt?' She said, ‘Yes.' And I said: ‘Who?' And she said: ‘All of them.' My heart just sank."

The mom is being held under suicide watch.

Family members say the drownings were the terrible climax to years of post partum depression brought on by the birth of her fourth child. They will argue she be spared the death penalty.

Standing on his front lawn, in front of a tree decorated with flowers and a giant teddy bear, Yates maintained his wife loved her children.

"She is a kind and gentle person. What you saw yesterday, that's not her," he said, before disappearing inside the house to plan his children's funerals.

------------------------------------

what is this world coming to? Mother killing her own children. I don't understand this....

so sad...

Originally posted by rparadox:

if she was so depressed, why didn't she kill her self?

crazy or not, she should get the chair.

exactly what I said to myself when I read about this...poor lil kids.....I feel so bad

the crazy thing is the father is standing by his wife saying she loved the children but was just depressed. if my wife ever did that to my children i would never stand by her.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

I AIN'T ON THE GUESTLIST I AIN'T V I P

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by j303j:

the crazy thing is the father is standing by his wife saying she loved the children but was just depressed. if my wife ever did that to my children i would never stand by her.

Did you see the news conference last night with him on it .............

I would not have been so understanding towards the woman that killed my FIVE children!

When I had my first son I figured postpartum depression was bullshit. I felt fine! But, it's one of those things (like migraines and panic attacks) that everyone thinks are bullshit...until they happen to you.

My second son had a prolapsed cord during birth and it was also wrapped around his neck, this resulted in a crash c-section where I was knocked out and missed the whole birth. Not to mention, I was the last person in my family to see my own baby (I was out for 3 hrs after the op). I think that is what led to my postpartum depression. I know with some women it manifests in a way that they don't even want to hold or take care of their children. I was that way at all, I had him with me all the time but, I remember at 10:00 every morning I would just burst into tears for no reason. My ex would just have to put me back to bed and I would cry myself to sleep. It was a horrible feeling, with me I think it may have been because of the trauma during childbirth. I had already given birth once and I knew what an incredible feeling it was...I think I felt that the experience had been ripped away from me with my second son.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Even though I know firsthand that ppd is a very real thing, I can't imagine what was going through this woman's head. I don't know if I believe that you can have ppd for 2 years! They said it was after her 4th child and he was two.

Anyone who can take the life of a child, especially their own, is a threat to everyone around them. The method is what really disturbs me. It's not a quick one. She had to hold them there while they fought for their lives. What was going through those poor babies minds?? That whole story just sickens me. I think she probably has a few screws loose like that Susan Smith chick. I think she needs to pay for what she did.

...this coming from a woman who named all of her kids after people in the Bible.

As for the Father...well, if my spouse ever did that to my children...I'd kill him myself.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 06-22-2001).]

Originally posted by cathyo:

The method is what really disturbs me. It's not a quick one. She had to hold them there while they fought for their lives. What was going through those poor babies minds?? That whole story just sickens me.

...this coming from a woman who named all of her kids after people in the Bible.

thats exactly what i was saying.. of all methods to kill her kids she sat there and drowned them. that takes a hell of a lot of effort to do. especially to do it to 5 kids. and to have the oldest one come in and see his little sister dead and ask his mom what was wrong with her... only to have her chase him around the house and do the same to him.... SICK SICK SICK!!!!!!

------------------

*~*In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life - IT GOES ON*~*

*~*Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories*~*

Aol~Tee0715~

Originally posted by rparadox:

if she was so depressed, why didn't she kill her self?

crazy or not, she should get the chair.

I agree!!!!

She should of ended HER life!!! Not her kid's!! OMG! and especially her KIDS of all people!!!! That woman is sick!!

romy20

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

They should execute that MONSTER asap,no trial and wasting of tax payers money.If i'm not mistaken but if a person is in deep depression they take there onw lives,not the lives of others.That woman knew exactly what she was doing,she chased her older son around the hosue,as for the husband,he stands by his wife,he must be in shock,if that was my wife,the state would not have to worry about the death penalty,I'll fucking kill bitch myself.

I can not beleive the media,especially CNN,oh why did she do it,analyzing the situation.

I'll bet she won't get the DP,you all know this will a made for television special,just in time for the ThanksGiving/Christmas hollidays

------------------

Sound Factory-1989-1995

Divas To The Dance Floor...Please.WERK BITCH!!

Ever since the Tim McVeigh execution, I've been thinking alot about the death penalty. I used to be very much against it but when I think of little children being murdered!!!!!!

OMG IT MAKES ME SICK!!! SICK SICK SICK!!!! AND ANGRY!!!! cwm10.gif

------------------

You're only young once

sa1328.jpg

Originally posted by fuzzykitty420:

what a sick bastard...i heard about that last night...and her husband - standing by her - they're all going to hell

Don't jump on her husband too much, he is probably in a state of shock and confusion.

Imagine having this happen to your kids... he's probably supporting her (for now) because sadly she's all he has left of his family.