Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OPINIONS WANTED: WEBSTER HALL

What do you, the clubbing community of New York, think of when you hear the name Webster Hall A) As a nightclub venue B)As a record label in connection with their CD compilation releases

Thanks in advance for your input!

LARAVER

I agree that the crowd there is horrible, but

when Taucher is there a lot of the older crowd leaves when he comes on and he rips it, Taucher is insane, and I can look past everything else when hes there, and that includes ricky corbo's back to back darude tracks.

i think that venue/layout is sick - i was there for some cirstimas party, but i've never been there for a night of partying.

if i had anything to do with that place, i'd try to fill it some bands and then have dj's follow - that layout would be nuts. bigger than irving plaza but not as big as roseland - just about the perfect size imo.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

may the best day of your past be the worst day of your future - chinese proverb

The venue itself is great, amazing in fact. But until they stop acting like little biatches and close the place at 5am, plust almost conciously attract a tourist drinking crowd, WB will never be a true nyc club that pushes the envelope.

Seems to me the management in that place gives a shit about the clubbing community, and just wants to make money the safe way. Nothing wrong with that, but they wont get any more of my $$$, thats all.

And to think, to thousands of tourists that come there every month, it embodies what all nyc clubs must be like!

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

Webster Hall can be pretty sucky. But I'll tell you what, they must be doing something right or paying someone lots of money because they seem to be the only club in NYC that Guiliani hasn't messed with. I remember several months ago most of the NYC clubs got raided EXCEPT Webster Hall.

I just wish the people that go to the 3rd floor would learn how to dress...

------------------

pink.gif

Webster? It's free on <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> , yeah, it'a a shithole, but pay day is next week, THEN I can hit REAL clubs. For now, so I can pay rent, hehe, I will go there. Yeah, the music can suck, the people sure do, but if you love to dance, and if you avoid all the middle-aged men, it's cool. Sneakers ok. Nothing intimidating about this place. In fact, it's kinda pathetic, but I prefer it to nothing, or Jersey clubs, such as Abyss, a smaller version of Webster.

they are not doing anything right to stay open except that there's virtually no drug use at WH.

Originally posted by purr4you:

Webster Hall can be pretty sucky. But I'll tell you what, they must be doing something right or paying someone lots of money because they seem to be the only club in NYC that Guiliani hasn't messed with. I remember several months ago most of the NYC clubs got raided EXCEPT Webster Hall.

I just wish the people that go to the 3rd floor would learn how to dress...