Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Earplugs?

scratchapella

Ok, I've noticed lately that my hearing isn't too good (my friends have been telling me this for the past two years though). The ringing in my ears lasts for at least a day sometimes after a night at a club/party. Is that really bad?

I know DJs and musicians wear them all the time, but as just a listener, should I really care? Or is that ringing in my ears and diminished hearing normal for all clubbers?

Who here wears earplugs? I would get a poll going but I don't know how.

I wear earplugs everytime I visit the clubs. At Redno5 it's about necessary. Plug em before you get into the club. It'll save you from that ringing so you can get to sleep when you go to bed.

Well if you ever meet me you will see the results of not using earplugs. My hearing is terrible, yuo have to shout in my ear in a club so i can here you. I aways used to dance infront of the speaker stacks.

It's called tinitus (the ringing) and it is damage.

I used to wear earplugs occasionally and then lost them..

Last night after RedNo5, I am definitely going back to wearing them.. My hearing was messed up for hours afterwards.

I havent been able to find the expensive 'tuneable' kind, so I usually wear the foam inserts.