Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what club would you take someone to for their first time at a nyc club?

did i word that right. anyway im having a family reunion next weekend (woohoo) and my mom is making me take a few of my cousins out to show them a good time while there here. now most of them have never been to a nyc club and i really want to go to the city. what club(s) should i take them too. im also gonna drag one of my guy friends with me since hes never been to a real club either. any suggestions. i want to leave them with an amazing first impression of the city. ;):tongue:

yea exit def is a possibility. although i havent even been there in a year.... ive heard its gone down a lot since it first opened..... i dont know. but exit is a possibility. but i dont know what kinda scene thier all into. if they want more upscale where should i go?.... china club - jade terrace? ive never been to centro-fly. what is the scene there? hmmmmm... decisions decisions.

Centro Fly is a medium sized club with great music...vip area is fun & you don't have to get super dressed up, although you can if you like...

For more upscale, I'd try Saci (I didn't like it the one time I went, but I might give it another try :D) or Lotus or something more loungey...Sugar or Sapphire Lounge...although Sapphire is small. If it's their first time in the city, they'll love anything you show them...:). Oh, Float on Friday would be my other suggestion.

Any of the Clique parties are dressed up-- Saci Thursday, Float Friday and One51 Saturday (not positive about that one.) Also China Club Monday (or am I thinking Saturday?) would be a nice idea.

If you have some cash to spare and want to make it up an uppity-up experience, reserve a table at Lotus or Chaos (and bring along $500 to buy the required bottle.) That'll ensure that you get in. :letsgo:

Not sure you'd really want to freak them out for the first time. I know that my first clubbing experiences were at Webster Hall and Exit, also Twilo, but that's not an option. I would suggest Webster over Exit anytime, but just my opinion. Have Fun!!! :)

o yea i forgot about float. :idea: i had a really good time the 1 time i was there. (it was a friday) it was def upscale. how is it saturdays? china club is good on mondays. not really saturdays. and they are leaving sunday night.

maybe ill have to check out centro fly. :letsgo:

well thanks for the ideas guys! :biggrin:

I always take people from out of town to centro. its the perfect cross between a club and a lounge, there are far less 'undesirables' there to scare them, and most importantly, the music is always slamming in at least one room.

someone sugested chaos, i would strongly disrecommend anyone going there since, oh, about 1999. now a days its a pertentious cheese fest with really bad commercialized house (think whitney houston, and KTU vocal cheese)

Originally posted by momadance

I always take people from out of town to centro. its the perfect cross between a club and a lounge, there are far less 'undesirables' there to scare them, and most importantly, the music is always slamming in at least one room.

my sentiments exactly...