Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mendez Tore Up Merge!

I am very lucky here, because my first experience at Merge this summer turned out to be a great one. I walked in about 11:15, and from that moment, I experienced probably the best set of music that I have heard anybody spin this year. Mendez was just on the entire night. Every song was better than the next, he touched base with a lot of new and mixed up some good old beats (Chemical mix ruled!) .. I was there with 7 friends, and we ripped it up the entire time we were there. Thanks Andrew!

Merge venue was ok. Little too dark , too many railings coralling everyone into certain areas. Ceiling little too low for all the draping things hanging like the Factory.. Lights were great! Drinks waay too small...

Definetly recommend checking this place out especially if Mendez is spinning.

Merge was really, really good this saturday. Lots of energy. MENDEZ DID A GREAT JOB. Was a little to crowded for me. Mendez sounded insane on that soundsystem.He really had the crowd going.Lots of industry people were there also. Good to see.

Merge was off the hook. I couldnt beleave the engergy that was in the place. Andy was ripping it up all night long. I usually bounce from there to Tempts on Saturdays, but this past sat. I stayed the whole night. I am glad too,beside it being packed and great music, there were tons of hot honeys around. I got a couple of #s, so I was real happy.:blown:

>Thanks! I had a real good time playing @ Merge...it was alot of fun. I'll be back @ Merge in a few weeks for our "RETRO METRO" party. Here are some places I'll be spinning...........

this friday July 27th @ LIMELIGHT

(10 hour set by me :) open-8am)

AUGUST 19th

Djais Belmar

see you soon!

peace

Andrew Mendez :) :) :)

Andy first off you tore the roof off the place. I planned on heading over to XS and tempts but u dropped bomb after bomb it was insane. Also the soundsystem in the place is just nuts. Im very excited about the retro metro party iv been to one at metro and they are awesome. I have to give props to guys at merge i really didnt think you guys were going to turn around the place but the last couple of weeks have been awesome. From someone who enjoys all 3 clubs down there thanks for giving us another great venue.

RETRO METRO??? HUMMMMMM....... tHAT DIDN'T ALL START WITH DENNY DOING SUMMERS PAST A FEW WEEKS AGO..... COME ON PETEY... WAKE UP!!!! YOU CAN'T RECREATE TEMPTS MAGIC!!!!!! MUZICA WE ALL KNOW YOU WORK THEIR TOO SO PLEASE STOP THE SHAMELESS PROMOTIONS. WHAT INDUSTRY PEOPLE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. METRO'S TEEN NIGHT DJ DOESN'T COUNT AS INDUSTRY PEOPLE ..... NEXT SUMMER TEMPTS MANAGEMENT CONSUMES EVEN MORE SPACE ON THE BLVD WHATS NEXT I DON'T KNOW BUT RUMOR HAS THE ARE BUYING UP EVERYTHING AND ALREADY OWN ALL THE PROPERTY SURROUNDING MERGE!!

Originally posted by njclubmaster

RETRO METRO??? HUMMMMMM....... tHAT DIDN'T ALL START WITH DENNY DOING SUMMERS PAST A FEW WEEKS AGO..... COME ON PETEY... WAKE UP!!!! YOU CAN'T RECREATE TEMPTS MAGIC!!!!!! MUZICA WE ALL KNOW YOU WORK THEIR TOO SO PLEASE STOP THE SHAMELESS PROMOTIONS. WHAT INDUSTRY PEOPLE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. METRO'S TEEN NIGHT DJ DOESN'T COUNT AS INDUSTRY PEOPLE ..... NEXT SUMMER TEMPTS MANAGEMENT CONSUMES EVEN MORE SPACE ON THE BLVD WHATS NEXT I DON'T KNOW BUT RUMOR HAS THE ARE BUYING UP EVERYTHING AND ALREADY OWN ALL THE PROPERTY SURROUNDING MERGE!!

There should be a button on your keyboard that says Caps Locks ?? Hit that Off. Thanks for all the "rumor info" not sure I could have lived without it. Another thing ...Like I or anyone else on this board give a fuck that the owners of Temps own all the property in Shitville Seaside. Call me when it becomes SouthBeach which might be a.........................say it with me, sound it out ....N-E-V-E-R. Now go away...this is a way tired subject.

RETRO METRO??? HUMMMMMM....... tHAT DIDN'T ALL START WITH DENNY DOING SUMMERS PAST A FEW WEEKS AGO

They had retro metro up at metro a few months back a couple of times. It was a sucess and so the management decides to have one down the shore, you think they are copying denny. Limelight had classics this past Sunday with Junior; does that mean they copied Denny as well?

STOP BEING A DICK..

IF you actually heard A Z play you would shut your trap....

FUCK IT!!!

WHO CARES IF DENNY DID IT FIRST THIS SUMMER....

I think A Z did a RETRO Party in the winter WAY BEFORE anyone thought of it in the summer...

so please SAVE THE NEGATIVITY....and go listen to your FAVORITE STATION KTU!!!!!!!

>We did 3 "Retro Metro" parties this past winter and it was a success. Relax w/ the negativity and lets ALL have a great summer :).

peace

"njclubmaster"? Listen. Maybe if you went out to clubs, you would know that retro metro was way, way before the summer thing at tempts. Everyone knows that that was a total copy cat of the retro metro party. They did that party all winter long at metro.And not for nothing, denny could not shine andrews shoes on a normal night, let alone a retro night. Denny has his momements,but Andrew is excellent. So get your facts straight. And no, i do not work at merge, but i do work in the industry, which at times , i am not to proud of cause of immature idiots like yourself mr. "clubmaster". Move on.

Sorry to say this clubmaster but i have to agree with the other guys who replied to your post. Metro along with Andy have been doing this RETRO METRO PARTY since febuary. I only went to one and it was awesome.. As i always say this board is for the people to form there own views, if anybody works for a club it is you. Look at all your post anything regarding a club that is not temps or xs u put down. Now come on who is the promoter.

I have to give it to Andrew. Everytime I have heard him this summer, regardless of where he is, he rips it up. :spin2:

Saturday was my first time at Merge, the music was great, but I thought it was a bit cramped. I loved the lights and the sound system.

Originally posted by muzika

"njclubmaster"? Listen. Maybe if you went out to clubs, you would know that retro metro was way, way before the summer thing at tempts. Everyone knows that that was a total copy cat of the retro metro party. They did that party all winter long at metro.And not for nothing, denny could not shine andrews shoes on a normal night, let alone a retro night. Denny has his momements,but Andrew is excellent. So get your facts straight. And no, i do not work at merge, but i do work in the industry, which at times , i am not to proud of cause of immature idiots like yourself mr. "clubmaster". Move on.

Let's not get carried away here. I don't think DENNY copied anything. If my memory serves me correctly I believe Denny was playing this music before ANDREW was even DJing. Denny made the summer's of 96,97,98 what they were. When people hear the songs that "revisit summers past" who are they thinking of????? A-Z???? Don't think so. MERGE/METRO??? They are thinking about TEMPTS and DENNY TSETTOS.

Denny can't shine Andrew's shoes huh???? Let's not even go there. If Andrew was so "special" why did it take 3 DJ's to flop at Merge before Pete decided to come crawling back to A-Z???

NUFF SAID.

I'm not going to argue about who is better or who copied who. It's self-explanitory.

;)

Originally posted by muzika

And not for nothing, denny could not shine andrews shoes on a normal night, let alone a retro night. Denny has his momements,but Andrew is excellent. So get your facts straight.

NOW THIS IS SOME OF THE MOST RIDICULOUS SHIT I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! It's one thing to say that a DJ is excellent but YOU are comparing apples to BOK CHOY HERE!!! YOU are the one that needs to get your facts straight...in fact, why don't you take a minute to do so and compare Denny's career in the past ten years to A-Z's career in the past ten years.

I think Bumparella said it best, so I need not say any more on this STUPID topic. OH except for :finger: Have a Nice Day!

PS: MUZIKA...WHY DON'T YOU ASK A-Z WHICH CLUB HE SPENT THE PAST THREE SATURDAY NIGHTS BEFORE HIS DEBUT AT MERGE?? Hmmmm..I WONDER?:rolleyes: I heard he had to sharpen his pencil FOUR TIMES...taking notes so hard! :eek:

1) Metro Lounge did start the "Retro Metro" thing this past winter. So as far as Petey copying what Temps and Denny are doing, I don't think the facts back up the people on the Temps side of this debate.

2) Petey K missed a great opportunity this summer. Instead of choosing primarily local DJ's, he could have gone the route of booking some international talent. A) Petey's pockets are certainly deep enough. B)Many DJ's schedules were disrupted with the closing of Twilo. C)By Booking DJ's from the International set he would have raised the standard in NJ. D)That type of booking policy would have raised the profile of the club, locally and nationally.

Truly a missed opportunity! Petey take note!

FYI, Denny also did a classics night at World in the winter. He was phat that night. No one has claim to it. It is a great idea to do classics every once in a while. I think Denny and Andrew are both great djs and i am sure they have respect for each other, so stop the drama. Thank you.

Originally posted by eviljav666

STOP BEING A DICK..

IF you actually heard A Z play you would shut your trap....

FUCK IT!!!

WHO CARES IF DENNY DID IT FIRST THIS SUMMER....

I think A Z did a RETRO Party in the winter WAY BEFORE anyone thought of it in the summer...

so please SAVE THE NEGATIVITY....and go listen to your FAVORITE STATION KTU!!!!!!!

Javi,

You know I love ya. But I highly doubt Denny copied anything from Metro or A-Z. He's been playing a lot longer and he was a DJ when those songs were popular. Nothing against Andrew but let's get real.

The whole CLASSICS night isn't a new invention by Einstein. It has been done time and time again in clubs. Why is this even being discussed?

:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by bumparella

Javi,

You know I love ya. But I highly doubt Denny copied anything from Metro or A-Z. He's been playing a lot longer and he was a DJ when those songs were popular. Nothing against Andrew but let's get real.

The whole CLASSICS night isn't a new invention by Einstein. It has been done time and time again in clubs. Why is this even being discussed?

:confused: :confused:

I was eating Count Chocula before you were!:letsgo: