Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my first visit to the LA board

shugabooga

hi, just checking in from NYC...taking a peek at your board to see what's up on the west coast! besides the battle that's going on in some of the other threads (about jersey people, plastic surgery, etc) what kind of music are you guys typically into? what are the best clubs? do they really close at 2 a.m. or are there afterhours places? do you guys travel to san fran to go to folsom a lot? i might be visiting friends in CA next february and want to know what to expect.

peace

SF is about 7 hrs away, so peeps go there sometimes, but it's kind of a hike. Some clubs close at 2am (which is when they stop serving drinks), but others, especially the big ones (Giant, Spundae) stay open till 4 or 5 am. There are afterhours, and some are pretty good, but others are crack dens. Post closer to your trip and we'll be able to give more specific info. NYC is awesome, btw (as I'm sure you know ;) ) I went to school there.

:)

Dito, to rothko's reply! Also, L.A.'s spread out (unlike NY I assume) so be sure you have cash on hand for a cab or rental car. Either way, just make sure you have a reliable means of transportation. Dance clubs spread form Hollywood into Downtown, which can be anywhere from a 10-30 minute drive, depending on traffic.

L.A. has a huge trance following, but house music is making a come back and you can find that to be true almost any night of the week. Hard house, I don't think, is too big out here, but you can find plenty at raves. Hope this helps.