Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scary thing just happened at my home

that happens a lot in my car's cd player (it plays what cds it wants to). try cleaning the cd player.

here is something wierd. i go to use my cd burner the other day. i put in a sister bliss song, and then a pvd song. however, when i make the cd, both tracks come up as the same sister bliss song!

aargh!

:hump:

I had a problem like that once too. If it's a burned cd, it's not unusual that something like that would happen. But, I would definitely suggest try cleaning the cd player if it becomes a major issue. If it doesn't read the cleaning cd, you're basically fuct, but you said it did play other music - so it's probably alright. Mine didn't read the cleaning cd or regular cd's, so I bought a new player.

:(

Hey now! What if that happens on my player too? How am i gonna burn that copy!

Seriously, I'll give you a copy of your originals - it'll be scary if that plays on your stereo w/ no problem :)

i have a totally unscratched underworld cd that plays on everything BUT my bro's expensive dennon. go figure...

how r the kitty's?

Originally posted by barvybe

Hey now! What if that happens on my player too? How am i gonna burn that copy!

Seriously, I'll give you a copy of your originals - it'll be scary if that plays on your stereo w/ no problem :)

i have a totally unscratched underworld cd that plays on everything BUT my bro's expensive dennon. go figure...

how r the kitty's?

funny guy... i want a copy of your friends cd from 2 - 3 saturdays ago. how am i getting that.

funny you should ask, they wanted to know how you were just last night....:)

just a note for you guys...If you burn a CD and it doesn't work in a player, you may want to try a different brand cd. That way you can just buy a bunch of the brand that DOES work on your cd player(s) and stick to those. Certain things though, like my dvd player won't play any burned cds, ever. (yes, my dvd player is supposed to play cds)

Also, make sure you never ever touch the laser on the cd player and be real gentle when you clean it. This might sound a little strange, but toothpaste actually helps if your CDs are scratched, within reason...so you might wanna try that too.

you mean apply it to the CD itself? with a toothbrush? then rinse? all those dead cd's make my eyes well up....

btw - my DVD only plays original CD's. only newer models play the copies -

Steph - i've got three of them (bob's mixes) at my place right now. I'll copy for you - bring MOS on sat and we'll exchange?

Whats up...just dab some toothpaste on it with your finger, dont go overboard with it...

btw, my dvd player is about 6 months old...not very old at all, its an RCA though so i'm not really surprised, RCA basically blows....which is why i'm glad my brother won it