Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Float Info

i was there 3 months ago and it was probably THE WORSE time i have ever had at a club. the dj was horrible, the crowd was clueless (and not as good looking as everyone says they are). the only good thing of that evening was the bartender who was awesome looking...i ended up going out with her for a while :) to put things in perspective...u know how at some clubs they have confetti, balloons, and such falling from the ceiling? well i guess that would be too much for float so instead a bunch of guys took boxes of napkins and started throwing them from the balcony!!!! oh brother!!!

if u want a glam party stick to spa or lotus.

Originally posted by petp

u know how at some clubs they have confetti, balloons, and such falling from the ceiling? well i guess that would be too much for float so instead a bunch of guys took boxes of napkins and started throwing them from the balcony!!!! oh brother!!!

Hahaa thats funny!

I know what you mean :). They used to throw napkins from the balcony when it just opened. When I first saw it, it shocked the shit out of me. I guess some things never change. I would normally stick to Spa/Lotus/Saci, but the music there sucks even more. At least Float DJs did not play hip-hop back in the days. Maybe that's no longer the case.

Originally posted by petp

i was there 3 months ago and it was probably THE WORSE time i have ever had at a club. the dj was horrible, the crowd was clueless (and not as good looking as everyone says they are). the only good thing of that evening was the bartender who was awesome looking...i ended up going out with her for a while :) to put things in perspective...u know how at some clubs they have confetti, balloons, and such falling from the ceiling? well i guess that would be too much for float so instead a bunch of guys took boxes of napkins and started throwing them from the balcony!!!! oh brother!!!

I have been to float many times since it first opened in 1998 and still go there.If you go make sure to get stamps for all three floors

if not you will get stuck in general population and thats no fun.Try fridays or saturdays the music is all trance and progressive on the main floor ,hiphop on the the second floor vip and trance on the third if its opened.The crowd on the main floor on a friday is all

younger agressive kids from factory and exit who its killing to have to keep there shirt on.No offense to any one who dwells in those venues I have just gotten older and cant handle the behavior any more.I prefer a diehard place any day meaning a twilo R.I.P or a friday with Danny Tenaglia if not I admit I hit the glam spots.Any how every time I go to float I have a good time so I would recommend it. The best part is they keep the third floor vip room open till like 7am sometime and the drinks still flow.

[The crowd on the main floor on a friday is all

younger agressive kids from factory and exit who its killing to have to keep there shirt on.

Oh my god, that was the funniest thing i've heard....killing them to keep there shirt off...i was there about 3 months ago, expecting the normal "float"scene, it's basically been overrun by the guido, B & T promoters...definiteley NOT the same, if you're looking for that "scene" that they had years back, stick to lotus, spa, or serafina' on wednesdays....was there again last night....words don't explain that party...