Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to Queens

I just moved to Queens. Are there any good clubs or parties out here? Also...What's the deal with Gatecrasher? Is there a GC party coming up? If so, where and when? Please give me a little info. I'm new to New York and really haven't been that impressed with the likes of EXIT etc.:):confused:

Originally posted by gwg99

I just moved to Queens. Are there any good clubs or parties out here? Also...What's the deal with Gatecrasher? Is there a GC party coming up? If so, where and when? Please give me a little info. I'm new to New York and really haven't been that impressed with the likes of EXIT etc.:):confused:

There are only a few cool bars in Queens. But that's it....go to the city

Originally posted by gwg99

I'm staying in Astoria for 3 weeks and I think that's where I'm going to look for a place.

Astoria is probably a pretty good choice. Some of the most affordable rents around, good restaurants, a few little lounges/cafes...and close to Manhattan. You'll find that there are a handful of people from this message board who live out there.

Welcome to New York! Where are you from?

Originally posted by bungee

Goldfingers, Wiggles, Hillbilly Swing clubs. Sowwee.

LMAO:laugh:

The only somewhat decent club is Krash and it's a gay club. There's bars and strip clubs for real clubs head to the city.

Well yea..

Astoria is NOT manhatten but it's a great place to live..

Great food of ALL types and waaay less expensive than the city..

and considering all the "hipsters" moving here it's only a matter of time befor Astoria becomes the next trendy borrough with a kick ass music scene.

Last night, for example, I really wanted to go out and have a drink and listen to some good music..so I went to Cafe bar on 36thst and 32nd Ave (or is it 32nd st and 36th Ave.? I always get that address wrong) In any case I'm friends with all the guys that work at that place and they spin Trance and House every Thursday night and Friday..cool peeps and a great lounge with yummy drinks..

after getting completely shit faced my friend and I still wanted more so we went across the street to TUPELO (more of a "dive" bar) and to our surprise the resident DJ from a great restaurant called Chesasada was spinning great down temp shit like; Hooverphonic,Nightmares on Wax, Thievery Coorporation etc.. we talked for a while and turns out I might now have a possible DJing gig there very soon.

There's also Brick Cafe (more Yuppie but great for chillin) and sleepiswaste and I plan to organize a weekly very soon on Steinway (like he use to throw at aplace called Mellenium)

Plus all the dives on the 30th Ave stop (World, Athen's cafe, Plaza Cafe etc)

Not to mention that the summer's coolest weekly day fest PS1 is in Queens..

which hosts parties year round..

oh and then there's Astoria Park that has underground outdoor Raves that Manhatten clubbers hardly ever get to hear about...

so yea!

It's not Manhatten but so what?

Ity's layed back and very Euro loungy..

It's QUEENS baby...!

Look and you shall find...........