Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OK, I need to say something here

Read some posts today and wondering why people need booze or drugs to enjoy partying. When I was 19 I partied completely sober I mean,,, I had a good time. What am I missing regarding Booze and Drugs? Is it that great?

Originally posted by back2basics-

WTF, at the end of your partying days.... my god man, your still a baby;)

Or I am an antique, one of the two.

naa i'm definetly a baby..

but i've still been partying for years.. not nearly as long as you or anything, but still i was really intense in high school.. really wore me down..

its like, when your out partying in high school, you REALLY party, b/c there is ZERO responsibility, and you can just be fucked up all day in school and or just cut..

i'm actually all about relaxation.. sitting around w/ friends watching a game drinking a few beers..

i'll still go out, but it will not be to clubs at 3 am.. it will be to after work parties where i drink martini's and drive my beamer home at 11 pm..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

naa i'm definetly a baby..

but i've still been partying for years.. not nearly as long as you or anything, but still i was really intense in high school.. really wore me down..

its like, when your out partying in high school, you REALLY party, b/c there is ZERO responsibility, and you can just be fucked up all day in school and or just cut..

i'm actually all about relaxation.. sitting around w/ friends watching a game drinking a few beers..

i'll still go out, but it will not be to clubs at 3 am.. it will be to after work parties where i drink martini's and drive my beamer home at 11 pm..

You see girls the young un's no stamina ;)

Yeh i know what you mean i have nearly given it all up for a life of *normal* things a few times... just carn't seem to dram myself away from those moments on the dancefloor, where it all makes sence.

You should just ditch PvD i think that's your problem ;)

well to each their own..

but for this Mugwumpian there's nothing that makes you feel more alive than to watch the sun rise with your friends or loved one(s) after dancing all night long..

Drugs or no drugs..

if you love the music..

everything else are just details.

You see girls the young un's no stamina ;)

Yeh i know what you mean i have nearly given it all up for a life of *normal* things a few times... just carn't seem to dram myself away from those moments on the dancefloor, where it all makes sence.

You should just ditch PvD i think that's your problem ;)

hahaha

i hear ya though.. i've still got some time before this change happens, mainly when i graduate...

i just have so many other things i want to enjoy, and it really is a time consuming thing..

i wanna go to a broadway show and dinner on a saturday nite.. coach my sons little league team... play golf on the weekends... ski/snowboard.. all the stuff i miss now because of clubs..

i'll never stop listening to the music.. but the late nites just dont' agree w/ all the other things in life that i want to experience...

Originally posted by clubbingirl

;;snip;;

but those who do, do it b/c its a phase. its fun, what can i tell ya?;)

I disagree, it may be a phase for some, but for others I'm sure it may well turn into a way of life. Just think about the kids from the '60s who still smoke pot on a regular basis. while most may have moved on to 'Martinis and golf', I'm sure some still party with friends.

Not that there's anything wrong with *slowing down* or Martinis, and I know you just made a generalization, but I've know 40+ year olds who still drop/dance at the clubs, and that is no phase.

-e

hahaha

i hear ya though.. i've still got some time before this change happens, mainly when i graduate...

i just have so many other things i want to enjoy, and it really is a time consuming thing..

i wanna go to a broadway show and dinner on a saturday nite.. coach my sons little league team... play golf on the weekends... ski/snowboard.. all the stuff i miss now because of clubs..

i'll never stop listening to the music.. but the late nites just dont' agree w/ all the other things in life that i want to experience...

Hell yeh i don't think i would keep clubbing unless i could do those other things. I like meals, shows, scuba diving etc as much as the next guy.

Clubbing and my hollidays have nearly always been joined at the hip though. But i must admit i want to go on Safari and see the Victoria falls etc, which i carn't really mix with partying hard.

Besides my body is begining to give up on me, i won't have a stomache left if i don't calm it down.

I have said it before, but just one more year ;)

Well, why do people do drugs.... Well I suppose because it is really fun. I mean dancing is great sober, but it is sometimes nice to roll at the same time. As far as booze, I think it is a waste of time and makes people violent. But as far as e, roll on my friends.

Hell yeh i don't think i would keep clubbing unless i could do those other things. I like meals, shows, scuba diving etc as much as the next guy.

Clubbing and my hollidays have nearly always been joined at the hip though. But i must admit i want to go on Safari and see the Victoria falls etc, which i carn't really mix with partying hard.

Besides my body is begining to give up on me, i won't have a stomache left if i don't calm it down.

I have said it before, but just one more year ;)

riiiiight ;)

clubbing is synonymous w/ intensity, for me and many others.. and thats all good and fine, but i'm all about relaxing..

not too mention, i have to admit that i *do* want to those people who go out to dinner, all dressed up.. pay way too much for drinks at some trendy little spot and all that kind of stuff...

kinda why i'm really getting so into the lounge scene.. you get great music and atmosphere perfect for socializing.. i love a great conversation, and thats something you just cant' do in a club.. and lets face it, though there ara still a couple great clubs left here, nyc is really all about the lounge scene.. they're everywhere..

kinda why i'm really getting so into the lounge scene.. you get great music and atmosphere perfect for socializing.. i love a great conversation, and thats something you just cant' do in a club.. and lets face it, though there ara still a couple great clubs left here, nyc is really all about the lounge scene.. they're everywhere..

Yeh i know what your saying about conversation. For me it's all about balance, i am still trying to find that balance. But yeh i love all the same things for the same reasons, and i fit them all in...

Nothing i like better than going out for a meal and a chat, then pounding beats till the early hours of the morning.

Guest jackdiesel
Originally posted by mugwump

well to each their own..

but for this Mugwumpian there's nothing that makes you feel more alive than to watch the sun rise with your friends or loved one(s) after dancing all night long..

Drugs or no drugs..

if you love the music..

everything else are just details.

Props to Mugwamp...that is if mugwamp accepts props from a newbie... i agree 100%. it's all about the music:hat:i really only drink and smoke on occasion (for the most part:half: ). i can go to a club and feel the music all night long completely sober...however, for me the most important influence on my experience at a club is the vibe i get from the whole atmosphere. if its positive, i'm positive. But admitedly, it's hard for me to zone into the music if i'm getting negative vibes, and thats when i feel the need for some other stimulant. Good music, good people, good vibes = :spin::roll::spin2::spin::roll::spin2::

Yeh i know what your saying about conversation. For me it's all about balance, i am still trying to find that balance. But yeh i love all the same things for the same reasons, and i fit them all in...

Nothing i like better than going out for a meal and a chat, then pounding beats till the early hours of the morning.

Nicely stated.

The only thing i know for sure is being out is better than being in - sober, drunk, drugged, sleepy, happy, dancin', loungin', talkin', smokin'....

its all good and in all states - just don't like the same thing every night.

if you find that balance, DON'T TELL ME! searchings most of the fun...

Originally posted by bungee

Read some posts today and wondering why people need booze or drugs to enjoy partying. When I was 19 I partied completely sober I mean,,, I had a good time. What am I missing regarding Booze and Drugs? Is it that great?

Stacker 3's and Jolt Cola! Im good for the night!!!

Listen..

Clubland is like a big bright light and I'm like that stupid bug that just cant help but flutter all around it..

It's in my nature..

I don't anylize it much anymore because It's not that complicated to understand..

Dancing is a celebration of life..an interpretation of sound through body and mind..

During many moments of a great DJ set I can close my eyes and loose myself in the music..

And it has been noticed that here are altered states of consciousness that certain rythms produce...

ancient tribes use these rythms in many celebrations and they TOO can endulge in mind altering chemicals..

It's actualy very Tribal and inherited geneticaly in our society if you ask me..

HOWEVER...

You don't need the drugs to feel the POWER that the beatz and lights offers..

We are all dancers around a giant fire..

trick is not to get burned by it..

Or jump directly into the flames and be consumed to ashes...

'but if you stand just far enough and let yourself go..

Surender to it..

it can be the most beautifull light you will ever see..

Besides,

after the fire burns down and it's time to go home the village can all discuss the event..

great conversations and inspiration can grow in a society based on a shared night of "release"

We all want to experience that release from day to day..

and find others that felt the same along the way

IN THE END IT'S ALL ABOUT SHARING..

That's why we are all in here..

Isn't it?