Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why does everyone hate Draper?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we are musicaly more educated and know what proper mixing is, and he has no tallent or skills. All you people that like him, answer this:

What is beatmatching?

Why is it essential to mixing?

On what beat do you start a mix given standard 4x4 time?

on what beat does the song "changeup"?

Basicaly Draper does none of this corectly and just uses drummrolls do hide his crappy mixing. Ever notice that so many of his mixes build up and then they end flat because he couldnt match the beats to come out of the drummroll into another song properly?

Originally posted by roninmess

You should learn English.

Drapers the man, I have a great time every single time I am at Exit.

YO , YOUR PROBALLY 1 OF THOSE GUKS

I GOT A GUK TELLING ME TO LEARN ENGLISH WHATS THIS WORLD COMING TOO HOLY SHIT YOU WON'T SEE ME AT EXIT ON FRIDAY NIGHT UNLESS I AM IN THE WHITE ROOM DANCING TO DJ DECEPTION WHO HAS SKILLZ UNLIKE YOUR BOY DRAPER

DRAPER SHOULD GO RUN A CLUB IN CHINATOWN

Originally posted by trewguy

YO , YOUR PROBALLY 1 OF THOSE GUKS

Well, Mr. English major, if you're calling me a "Gook," you are wrong. I'm probably the whitest guy on this msg. board. What a tough guy you are.

Because we are musicaly more educated and know what proper mixing is, and he has no tallent or skills. All you people that like him, answer this:

What is beatmatching?

Basicaly Draper does none of this corectly and just uses drummrolls do hide his crappy mixing. Ever notice that so many of his mixes build up and then they end flat because he couldnt match the beats to come out of the drummroll into another song properly?

.....your a loser buddy....wow

Originally posted by ClubKid77

What is beatmatching?

Agree 100% thank you.............

draper is one of my top 5 djs.. i think hes awesome.. he knows how to work the crowd. Just b/c people dont like exit they bash draper and everyone just goes along. Draper is a down to earth person unlike most DJs and he knows what hes doing when it comes to spinning and mixing.

:) ~*~Debby

first off its called beat mixing.. which is when you put 2 songs together and they sound like one.

its essential b/c if you cant beat mix you cant mix.. so for that matter most DJs cant beat mix. (Drpaer is a tight mixer)

songs change on the down beat 16x4

is that good enough for you clubkid77?!?!?!

~*~Debby

LOL I love these bedroom DJ's..... :rolleyes:

It's called playing for a crowd, something you haven't done and with that attitude likely never will. It's called building energy and creating a vibe (*gasp*), and it's done through track selection for the most part. Greatness is achieved on many levels, and Draper's success serves witness to it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by rdancer

Dont listen to these folks... Draper spins hot ......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its not a question of the tracks he is spinning becasue i like them to but he has no style no ryhthym... its like 6am and hes just dropping off tracks and starting another. tooooo many drum rolls and not enough vinyl.

thats probllly most of the reasons.... you take the tracks he plays and let vicious use them and you will see how much better the music can become....

vicious at factoru aug 24th... now that will be hard trance at its best

i just posted this in the music room

First off, Exit is not the only club in the city that gets packed week in and week out. Factory and Vinyl get just as crowded as Exit. Granted there are less people but thats only because they're smaller clubs. Also, it doesnt get packed because of Draper. It gets packed because of it's name and the fact that they let in just about anybody.

Second off, I wouldnt say that people really "hate" Draper. It has more to do with the fact that they don't respect him as a dj. The reasons for that is pretty much exactly what msoprano wrote. And if you like him then you really shouldnt care what others think. I'm personally getting sick of these Draper and Exit topics because its always that same shit being said and nothing new comes out of it. So this is going to be my last post regarding anything to do with "why people hate Draper and/or Exit."

<<first off its called beat mixing.. which is when you put 2 songs together and they sound like one.

its essential b/c if you cant beat mix you cant mix.. so for that matter most DJs cant beat mix. (Drpaer is a tight mixer) >>>

Hmmmm not.......... Exit should get a beat matcher for him....... Kids say Tony Drapers style is sooo good or whatever maybe its just the drugs or you dont know anything about music...Or part of the teeny booper crowd.......

Originally posted by bebby6919

first off its called beat mixing.. which is when you put 2 songs together and they sound like one.

its essential b/c if you cant beat mix you cant mix.. so for that matter most DJs cant beat mix. (Drpaer is a tight mixer)

songs change on the down beat 16x4

is that good enough for you clubkid77?!?!?!

~*~Debby

Nope, Nope, and Nope, Call it beat mixing or beat mathcing they are one in the same, and Most DJ's DO it, i learned in 3 months. Draper is NOT a tight mixer, and what the hell are you talking about "they change on the down beat 16x4" the down beat? umm hello all beats are down, 1, and 2, and 3, and 4. thats all a down beat. the beat that a changeup comes in in a track is the 32nd beat. Therefore in proper mixing you start a mix on the 1st beat of a measure, and on the 32nd or some multiple of 32, depending on how long you wana mix the songs out for, the you would end the mix. Like i said all you draper fans know crap about what your listening to.

Originally posted by aphelion

LOL I love these bedroom DJ's..... :rolleyes:

It's called playing for a crowd, something you haven't done and with that attitude likely never will. It's called building energy and creating a vibe (*gasp*), and it's done through track selection for the most part. Greatness is achieved on many levels, and Draper's success serves witness to it!

Actualy i have played in front of a crowd, i was a resident @ tunnel for a year, Played Exit's mainfloor when one of the DJ's was stuck in trafic, if you wana hear my set, ill be playin at Stereotopia on the 25th, its thrown by globalbass, will be @ hammerstein, and is one of the east coasts larges indoor raves.

Originally posted by ClubKid77

Actualy i have played in front of a crowd, i was a resident @ tunnel for a year, Played Exit's mainfloor when one of the DJ's was stuck in trafic, if you wana hear my set, ill be playin at Stereotopia on the 25th, its thrown by globalbass, will be @ hammerstein, and is one of the east coasts larges indoor raves.

You want drama? I got drama.

If you had any respect for the industry or your career, you would not bash Draper, if only for the success he's achieved. Shows the level of maturity in the scene by some.

I don't remember a Jeff Philips at Tunnel. I wouldn't need to, but you brought it up... Or were you the one playing at Tunnel when its own promoters wouldn't even show up to the party? Am I wrong, or has Tunnel been called a "DJ grave"?

As for Hammerstein, oh yeah, that sounds really cool. Cause you know, raves are meant to be in large ballrooms and not retain the very intimate qualities that make them special.

he sucks....not for nothing but u can say that a dj plays for his crowd as a defense....but look at the crowd at exit!!! a bunch of sweatty little kiddies droppin pills like candy and bouncy around with no clue how to dance!!:bounce: if u like draper then i guess thats ur thing or maybe its all some of u have ever been exposed to?!?! i dunno...but anyone with any experience and exposure will probably agree he is a frigen mess! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: