Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The truth hurts!

mudbone

The facts as I see them:

1.Luis Puig (his real name is Luis Castillo) was the owner of Club 609 on the beach and owns Club 609 in the grove.He has always run cheesy "latin" clubs.Now he wants to be mister "Im all about the music" but he still doesnt understand what its all about.He doesnt care about music or the djs.Hes a poser.

2.Space is about one thing,money.You have it, they want it.

3.They have been booking some good talent lately but they are fucking that up too.I have spoken to many of the big djs who played there and they will never play there again.David Morales said that Luis was so rude to him that he was never so insulted.Nick Warren said the same thing.John Digweed hated the place.And the list goes on.How can a place make their living off these guys and treat them like shit?

4.Shit treatment extends to the customers.Door staff is rude.Security is oppressive.No re-entry.No fun.

5.They wont change anything as long as they keep making the money.And when they do decide to change it will be too late.

6.Competition is coming to downtown Miami.They wont be the only afterhours for long.

Just my $.02

Mudbone

7.Advertising djs who were never booked to play is the norm over there.Even on saturdays for the last few weeks I have got flyers that said Oscar G and when I got there he did not play.Even when Edgar was in Ibiza they told people I know that he was there.

Didnt want to leave that one out.

Mudbone

mudbone, you hit the nail on the head...Excellent observations.

I was actually at the patio when they practicly kicked David Morales out. No class whatsoever. That must of been a f%@ct up fathers day for him.

And also know about the Nick Warren incident where Luis was constantly up in the booth trying to EQ the system while Nick was playing, thats gotta be some annoying shit.

I also noticed that Oscar G's flyers are all over the place and he hasn't even been their the past couple of weeks, whats up with that?

PEACE

People space is not that bad. Your making a way bigger deal about it then what it is and I'm appalled at all of you for making mountains out of mole hills. The music in space is awesome and the lighting is great. The only problem is the staff, overpriced drinks, dress code, selective entry, no CP comps, horrible crowd, no respect for Dj's, overly sensitive security, fake representation on CP board, french doorman, No show DJ's and overpriced parking. That's it.....c'mon people why are you arguing about such frivolous things.

I think #6 is the best point here. Space will change when someone gives it some real competition. Right now it is the only legitimate 24-hour, afterhours joint around, and it's hot right now.......hell it's been hot since its inception, since it's not had any real competition in the immediate area.....and South Beach put the clamps down hard on afterhours. It's attracting the poser crowd that none of us here care for, and it will continue to do so until there is a new "Next Big Club." When you are in demand the way Space is, you can afford to treat your patrons like shit.....you can have ridiculous door policies and ultra-high prices because you've got a line of dumb-f***s stretching halfway around the block waiting to get in. It's all economics. This is why I believe Shadow Lounge is being so nice and accomodating of late, Shadow Lounge realizes it is no longer a "hot" club, and its competition there on Washington Avenue is severe with the likes of Crobar and Level. I think this is all part of the club life-cycle here in Miami. I can vaguely remember a time when Groovejet first opened........even Groovejet was at one time a VERY trendy, "hot" club like Space.....of course in the latter years it matured and became known as a place with a consistently good vibe and where the music almost always came first. Maybe this will eventually happen with Space. I just think that before this can happen at Space, more competition in the area is needed. Supply and demand principles at work.

interesting theory patrick- except you seem to have forgotten one very important point- shadow lounge has always been nice to its customers and treated them with respect- we have had that reputation for quite some time- one reason why we are still here is because of that and because we recognize a very very loyal local following that comes through our doors week in and week out- so if you believe for one second that this is some kind of veiled attempt at graciousness you are mistaken and probably unfortunately believe that you should be treated as less of a human being by the person on the other side of the ropes.

one more thing- why i do what i do for the people on this board- not because i need ten more bodies through the doors- because these people are involved, have energy, and are a voice-- it is that simple.

kris.

one more thing- why i do what i do for the people on this board- not because i need ten more bodies through the doors- because these people are involved, have energy, and are a voice-- it is that simple.

Pay attention Spacedude and pass this on to your superiors.

Originally posted by patrickl

It's all economics. This is why I believe Shadow Lounge is being so nice and accomodating of late, Shadow Lounge realizes it is no longer a "hot" club, and its competition there on Washington Avenue is severe with the likes of Crobar and Level. .

I absolutely have to disagree ,with you on this point. I have been going to shadow for several years; on a regular bases. what has always kept me loyal to shadow ? a vibe which is indescribable, a staff that treats you like a guest; and people who are as much into the music, as I am. competition has always been strong on south beach. shadow has been around all these years for a reason; they care.they are a clubbers club. the effort kris has put forth for cp members; is just another example, of shadow's normal accommodating nature. it's a club not only appreciated by its patrons, but by the pool of international dj talent, that has come through its doors. sure I go to other clubs as well. however, I consider shadow, among the best clubs around.

With all the time luis puig has spent at shadow; one would hope, he had learned something. sadly; that is not the case.

laterz, sobeton

Originally posted by sobeton

I absolutely have to disagree ,with you on this point. I have been going to shadow for several years; on a regular bases. what has always kept me loyal to shadow ? a vibe which is indescribable, a staff that treats you like a guest; and people who are as much into the music, as I am. competition has always been strong on south beach. shadow has been around all these years for a reason; they care.they are a clubbers club. the effort kris has put forth for cp members; is just another example, of shadow's normal accommodating nature.

I didn't mean to rip on Shadow - the time I've been there, I've liked it. I think what I said came out sounding wrong. I have no beef with Shadow.

Originally posted by georgeacasta

People space is not that bad. Your making a way bigger deal about it then what it is and I'm appalled at all of you for making mountains out of mole hills. The music in space is awesome and the lighting is great. The only problem is the staff, overpriced drinks, dress code, selective entry, no CP comps, horrible crowd, no respect for Dj's, overly sensitive security, fake representation on CP board, french doorman, No show DJ's and overpriced parking. That's it.....c'mon people why are you arguing about such frivolous things.

Are those the only problems???? :blown: