Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just ate lunch w/ Tino Martinez..

Originally posted by bungee

I woulda yelled at the sonofabith to start hitting a bit more.

comon.. the guys 5th in the league in rbi's.. and has 23 homers.. he's definely been picking it up lately.. he's up to .265.. nothing to right home about, be he's definetly headin in the right direction....

Originally posted by PFloyd40

comon.. the guys 5th in the league in rbi's.. and has 23 homers.. he's definely been picking it up lately.. he's up to .265.. nothing to right home about, be he's definetly headin in the right direction....

True, really meant some of the others. Jeter is having an off year, usually at .333 bout now, Knobby's at bout .250. Real question is how they stack up agst. Bosox now with Urbina, and Pedro coming back soon. 7 games in September gonna be the shit. Tell you what, ALCS is gonna be most intense in years. Boston, Cleveland, Seattle, Yankees. Doesn't get any better. Great shit.

Urbina is garbage. I probably wouldnt be saying that if he were on the yanks tho.

And i hope cleveland doesnt make it and the twins do cuz i hate cleveland. If they hadnt beat the yanks and lost to the frekin marlins in the WS in '97, the Yanks would be going for their 6th straight this year.

True, really meant some of the others. Jeter is having an off year, usually at .333 bout now, Knobby's at bout .250. Real question is how they stack up agst. Bosox now with Urbina, and Pedro coming back soon. 7 games in September gonna be the shit. Tell you what, ALCS is gonna be most intense in years. Boston, Cleveland, Seattle, Yankees. Doesn't get any better. Great shit.

yea the pennant is defiently gonna be one of the best in years.. jeter is definetly having an off year, but he's starting to salavage it somewhat.. was down at a pitiful .288 which is absolutely unaccepatable for a $180 mil or whatever man he is... oneil has been a pleasant surprise.. wasnt' expecting much from him this season and he' really coming through.. bernie has been a disappointment as well.. still doing decent, but not up to his usual ranks among baseball's elite..

w/ the sox getting nomar back and things coming together its gonna be great.. if they get pedro back look out.. but then again, we always seem to beat him..

yea the pennant is defiently gonna be one of the best in years.. jeter is definetly having an off year, but he's starting to salavage it somewhat.. was down at a pitiful .288 which is absolutely unaccepatable for a $180 mil or whatever man he is... oneil has been a pleasant surprise.. wasnt' expecting much from him this season and he' really coming through.. bernie has been a disappointment as well.. still doing decent, but not up to his usual ranks among baseball's elite..

w/ the sox getting nomar back and things coming together its gonna be great.. if they get pedro back look out.. but then again, we always seem to beat him..

As a true Yankee fan, I would say yeah, we always beat them but shit, there are some stacked teams this year. Cleveland's prolly the weakest due to up and down pitching staff, Minny's the opposite with suspect hitting. Seattle/Boston/Yanks omplete teams, gut feeling is it comes down to who is luckiest. You gotta have luck. Yanks don't win 4 World Series w/o luck. Remember Jefferey Mair or whovever that kid was that caught that homer by Baltimore, or last year when they were down 6 to Oakland Game 5 when that guy misjudged that fly ball and Yanks came back. Boston's got edge cause of Cone and Saberhagen, two guys been there done that. Seattle's weakness is lack of playoff experienced pitcher. They have none. Yankees will beat Seattle, Cleveland, minny head to head. Boston has the experience.

Originally posted by breakeraver

Urbina is garbage. I probably wouldnt be saying that if he were on the yanks tho.

And i hope cleveland doesnt make it and the twins do cuz i hate cleveland. If they hadnt beat the yanks and lost to the frekin marlins in the WS in '97, the Yanks would be going for their 6th straight this year.

Hate fucking Cleveland too. Hope Chuck Finley chokes on his semen. Fucking Sandy Alomar, hits like 3 homers a year and gets lucky one off MO. Yanks will beat Cleveland this year. Only team with enough playoff experience to give Yanks a challenge is Boston.

As a true Yankee fan, I would say yeah, we always beat them but shit, there are some stacked teams this year. Cleveland's prolly the weakest due to up and down pitching staff, Minny's the opposite with suspect hitting. Seattle/Boston/Yanks omplete teams, gut feeling is it comes down to who is luckiest. You gotta have luck. Yanks don't win 4 World Series w/o luck. Remember Jefferey Mair or whovever that kid was that caught that homer by Baltimore, or last year when they were down 6 to Oakland Game 5 when that guy misjudged that fly ball and Yanks came back. Boston's got edge cause of Cone and Saberhagen, two guys been there done that. Seattle's weakness is lack of playoff experienced pitcher. They have none. Yankees will beat Seattle, Cleveland, minny head to head. Boston has the experience.

here's what would be ideal for the yanks.. beginnign of the year superb pitching kept them afloat w/ there dismal hitting..

now they're hurting on the mound w/ clemens out and petite still trying to get back where he was.. and the hitting has been great..

if they can manage to get healthy on the mound come september they're gonna be tough to beat.. far and away most experience.. and already 2nd best record in baseball even w/ the problems..

i see seattle choking honestly.. no experience.. they'll be overwhelmed.. boston is gonna be tough, but i still say yanks have the edge on the mound w/o a doubt

1 Clemens.

2 Petitite

3 Mussina

Stanton middle relief and Wohlers

Rivera closes it out

only teams that can hang w/ that on the mound are prolly Atlanta(w/ Glavine not even having a good year) and Arizona...

Originally posted by back2basics-

Firstly - who?

Second - This guys hit's balls and everybody is creaming themselves, because you sat at the next table ? ;)

Thirdly - :rolleyes:

Just playing. :)

Go play wit yourself, you Wimbledon loving Brit.

here's what would be ideal for the yanks.. beginnign of the year superb pitching kept them afloat w/ there dismal hitting..

now they're hurting on the mound w/ clemens out and petite still trying to get back where he was.. and the hitting has been great..

if they can manage to get healthy on the mound come september they're gonna be tough to beat.. far and away most experience.. and already 2nd best record in baseball even w/ the problems..

i see seattle choking honestly.. no experience.. they'll be overwhelmed.. boston is gonna be tough, but i still say yanks have the edge on the mound w/o a doubt

1 Clemens.

2 Petitite

3 Mussina

Stanton middle relief and Wohlers

Rivera closes it out

only teams that can hang w/ that on the mound are prolly Atlanta(w/ Glavine not even having a good year) and Arizona...

Remember last year on CP, wit Met posters vs. Yank posters? heh heh. Now that was real fun trash talking. Ricfutures went nuts when Clemens threw bat at Piazza. That was funny shit. This year wit Mets out, won't be as fun. Where's Sirdante, the Boston fanatic.

Remember last year on CP, wit Met posters vs. Yank posters? heh heh. Now that was real fun trash talking. Ricfutures went nuts when Clemens threw bat at Piazza. That was funny shit. This year wit Mets out, won't be as fun. Where's Sirdante, the Boston fanatic.

shit that was great.. i used to love going at it w/ all the mets fans..

and then mets and yankee fans would bash boston and sirdante together.. muahahahaha

i''ve been abusin mets fans all week.. reed for lawton.. siiiiiiiiiiiick trade man