Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i think i might have found heaven!

Yeah, that site's pretty cool. Huge selection, which is awesome, but their preview clips blow...you don't get a good feel for the record at all. You should still try to make it into the store to hear the whole thing - they don't take returns. :)

I used to go to their store up in Boston when I lived there, and probably dumped about $50-75 a week on new wax. But now when I order from them online, it takes a long ass time to get my records and sometimes they go out of stock after I've already placed my order.

One of my favorite music stores, both online and off. It's a cool store to hang out in...I usually hit it once or twice a week. Beware though, as you can EASILY find 50 great new records a week to buy. I don't know about you, but $500 a week on vinyl can be tough on a wallet. Choose wisely :)

Originally posted by heretic909

I used to go to their store up in Boston when I lived there, and probably dumped about $50-75 a week on new wax. But now when I order from them online, it takes a long ass time to get my records and sometimes they go out of stock after I've already placed my order.

will be in boston this weekend. want to check it out.

thx in advance :)

Originally posted by brooklynkid

One of my favorite music stores, both online and off. It's a cool store to hang out in...I usually hit it once or twice a week. Beware though, as you can EASILY find 50 great new records a week to buy. I don't know about you, but $500 a week on vinyl can be tough on a wallet. Choose wisely :)

$500 a week?!? Tough on a wallet?!? That's more like rent money! I can't afford shit since I moved to NYC, so I've just been getting some cheap Baltimore ghetto house records and producing my own tracks and remixes for new material.

I used to order a ton of records from them online but it just takes too long for the order to get to my house. Plus when I open the package all the vinyl has been listened to already and I've gotten a few scratched records. Its good to grab some records from but I wouldn't make it my total source of records. Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by scoob-e

is it me or does satellite look like a bagel shop from the outside? besides the fact its located on a totally weird street, stuck between a bunch of warehouses that clean refrigerators.

<laughs> it totally does look like a bagel shop, but that's one of the things I really like about the NYC store. I *love* going to the store - it's just the website I'm not a huge fan of.

Originally posted by heretic909

$500 a week?!? Tough on a wallet?!? That's more like rent money! I can't afford shit since I moved to NYC, so I've just been getting some cheap Baltimore ghetto house records and producing my own tracks and remixes for new material.

Yeah...not that I could spend that kind of cash if I wanted to. It must be nice to be a Danny Tenaglia or a Junior Vasquez and get most of your stuff for free...

I wish that they organized the records on the wall a little better. Like, a trance record can be located in any one of three or four different trance sections. Also, you never really know when anything was released unless you check on the website first. Then, when you know the name of something you want, it takes a long time to find it on the wall.

All minor complaints...it's still a pretty good place to shop...

Originally posted by trancend

how long does it actually take?

It took about 6 weeks or so last time I ordered from them. I ordered 4 records, got a confirmation email, then a week later they said they were out of the one record. Then another week later they said they were out of another record. So around 6 weeks after I ordered, I finally got 2 of the 4 I had originally ordered.

It might be better sometimes just to go to the labels' websites and order. I also did some shopping at 12spot.com, but that was mainly for Baltimore ghetto house. I'm not sure what kind of selection they had for other styles and you can't preview the tracks online, but they were quick with the shipment.

Originally posted by trancend

www.satelliterecords.com

they have a hardcore section with thousands of records, and you can sample them all....why would i bother to go out and get them, theyre the same price here!

other really good stores:

bastard loud (maybe that's a label name)

other music (diagonally across from the lafayette Tower records)

mondo kim's (st. mark's)

breakbeatscience (181 orchard st)

tunes (hoboken, nj)

hey, i cant remember the streets cuz i basically know it from gettin off the train and knowing where to walk but i think im goin this weekend in which case i can get the address for you. i dont know if they do mail order though (if you arent located in nyc). ill get back to you ;]