Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what is the ingredient in red bull that gives you energy?

echostar

Originally posted by bugoutgirl

Red Bull contains Taurine which is an amino acid that occurs naturally, it acts as a metabolic transmitter and additionally has a detoxifying effect and strenghtens cardiac contractility in the body

bugout, your right about the Taurine, its an amino acid your body is depleted of when your tired so basically your just replenishing it when you drink it....that combined with caffine, B12 B6 vitamins, sugar and glucoronolactone (detoxing ingredient which cures all hang overs)....

i used to work for them...thats how i know

Originally posted by trancend

theres a lot of sodium...does that do anything?

for energy; not directly. sodium is a salt. it does however, provide the proper nutrients for normal muscular activity, but it's not like the average american is any danger of sodium deficiency...

Originally posted by e-tarded

sucrose is what gives you the energy

what up, E? long time, no post!!

I read somwhere that like 7 people have died from drinking this trash.

1 kid died right after playing a basketball game just crashed HEART failure.

Some girl died in a club ( she was 30) just fell to the floor HEART Failure.

2 Guys died from working out and drinking this stuff HEART failure.

I read this articale somewhere. They said the shit inside of this drink increases blood pressure and the heart can't handle it or something along those lines. They are studying this drink now in G.B and the effects it causes. I could care less this stuff tastes like JUNK and the can doesnt even fit into my car cup holder accessory properly. :rolleyes:

I don't believe there is enough of the compounds in the drink to give you the energy is does. So I still stand by my assumption that it's the sucrose.

The skinny on Taurine in detail.

Taurine is a naturally occurring amino acid, one of the building blocks of protein. It is present mainly in meat. It's a non-essential amino by definition, because the body can synthesize it from methionine and cysteine amino acids. In sports nutrition we consider it conditionally essential because we make the distinction between minimal and optimal levels of certain substances. Taurine's importance is highlighted by the fact that it's the second most abundant amino acid in the muscle amino acid pool after glutamine. Also, all kinds of stress (especially exercise) deplete taurine and the body may not be able to keep up production, hence the conditionally essential categorization and the need for supplementation.

Taurine has cell volumizing effects similar to creatine. It boosts cell hydration and may result in higher rate of protein synthesis. Also, taurine is considered an insulin mimicker, enhancing glucose and amino acid transport into the muscle cells. Scitec adds taurine mainly to creatine containing products creating a synergistic effect for cell volumization. Taurine levels are disclosed on the label as how much is added and total amount in one serving.

Taurine is found throughout the excitable tissues of the central nervous system, where it is thought to have a regulating influence. Because of this, taurine supplements have been found to control epileptic seizures, motor tics and facial twitches.

Originally posted by clubbingirl

did you get to drive the RED BULL MOBILE! those are haliarious. can i have one? :tongue:

haha...no, i didnt drive the Red bull racer (thats what they called it)....

i worked on the Manhattan team so they just gave us metro cards to travel in the city.....SI, brooklyn, queens, nj teams drive them around.....they all hated us cuz we got to chill in the city all day long......literally got paid $14/hr to shop, eat, catch a movie, chill at people's apt and watch tv.....too bad i got fired :(

Originally posted by sum12nv

bugout, your right about the Taurine, its an amino acid your body is depleted of when your tired so basically your just replenishing it when you drink it....that combined with caffine, B12 B6 vitamins, sugar and glucoronolactone (detoxing ingredient which cures all hang overs)....

i used to work for them...thats how i know

so is that why i'm NEVER hung over from red bull & vodka? I swear I wake up feeling like a million bucks...(aside from a few dry heaves)....

thats such bullshit. Me and my boys pop ripped fuels and and stackers 24/7 on top of the drugs and other stuff. I know a lot about what i put into my body and trust me , the can of red bull didn't cause deaths directly. I don't mean to put your knowlege down, but it's like saying someone can die of heart failure if they would drink a cup of coffie and take their vitamins at the same time. It's nonsense. Redbull should be the least of your worries.

i agree with xbebekiss and ripped..... i drink redbull and vodka all the fucking time when i'm out....not to mention almost everytime i go into work i dreak at least one... i swear i'm addicted to the shit.....anyway, when i drink it with vodka, i never get a hangover, and i can drink alot.....and i don't feel nearly as fucked up as if i would be if i were drinking vodka& oj ....or whatever.......the shit straightens me right out.......and by the way the fact that these people collapsed and died is definetly not a direct result of redbull...