Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Summer Anthem 2001? Is there one?

I bet ya the next song that ktu plays out will be played alive by safri duo, although it has been played to death by everyone and thier granddma, ktu does have a habit of playing shit thats either 6 or 12 months old..........

The only summer anthem that i can even think of is "Without you"....this song still gets played to death, and people still go crazy when it plays........

As far as Aubrey, give that song another month or two before u see it blow up at clubs and on ktu......

KTU=Killing The Underground.....

Originally posted by westchesterboy

Umm.....hello?

Vaiio - Rapture

Xpress 2 - Muzik / Muzikizum

Kosheen - Hide U

??

peace

phizil

aol im : apphillers

All of the above good songs, but definately not anthems.

I'm totally feelin Rapture right now. Had that jammin last night when I got home from work...

Unclebuc,

I agree Folker and Aubrey have not reached anthem status, they're just summer songs. Like I said earlier, there isn't any real anthem this summer

Am I allowed to reply to a post by Igloo??? lol

Unclebuc is right about those tracks being a bit old but they are getting a lot of play this summer ... sorry unclewack! :D

you know the deal - summer time is the time when uplifting vocals get more play than usual imo

I would say beginning of the summer it was Aubrey - Stand Still

Folkner's To be able to Love is getting a little more play than Aubrey now

and Deb Cox's Absolutely Not is getting a lot of play now too (even though KTU is ruining that track imo)

Vaiio's Rapture is a PHAT newer vocal, but it's not the sumer anthem

other vocal tracks worth noting (not anthems): Alone by Terry Dexter (saldano mix) and Abigail's You Set me Free (mindtrap anthem) and (Baez's mix also)

and I really like Amber's Yes - vocal mix

Originally posted by rally2000

Am I allowed to reply to a post by Igloo??? lol

Unclebuc is right about those tracks being a bit old but they are getting a lot of play this summer ... sorry unclewack! :D

you know the deal - summer time is the time when uplifting vocals get more play than usual imo

I would say beginning of the summer it was Aubrey - Stand Still

Folkner's To be able to Love is getting a little more play than Aubrey now

and Deb Cox's Absolutely Not is getting a lot of play now too (even though KTU is ruining that track imo)

Vaiio's Rapture is a PHAT newer vocal, but it's not the sumer anthem

other vocal tracks worth noting (not anthems): Alone by Terry Dexter (saldano mix) and Abigail's You Set me Free (mindtrap anthem) and (Baez's mix also)

and I really like Amber's Yes - vocal mix

Rally.....wwhhhhaaasssuuup! All in good fun kid.

How about Derb..... it's an old track. But I heard KTU play it like a couple of weeks ago. Once I heard it, I was like, "uh oh." There's also, "Without you", also another old song. And I think summer 2000 anthem was Zombie Nation, not "I turn to you." Summer anthems have to come out before the summer. Usually songs that eventually become mainstream have spent a while in club land. That being "without you" and derb.

Originally posted by karch

How about Derb..... it's an old track. But I heard KTU play it like a couple of weeks ago. Once I heard it, I was like, "uh oh." There's also, "Without you", also another old song. And I think summer 2000 anthem was Zombie Nation, not "I turn to you." Summer anthems have to come out before the summer. Usually songs that eventually become mainstream have spent a while in club land. That being "without you" and derb.

I agree with you. I had forgotten about "without you". Of the tracks mentioned in this thread, it is probably the one closest to SUmmer Anthem 2001.

But I disagree with you on Zombie Nation. That was a winter song hands down. I turn to you dominated clubland that summer and then the radio.