Clubplanet Nightlife Community

goodbye limelight

:mad: i hear ya man it was one of my first places as well wayyyy back when. Have only been a couple of times in the past few years but still loved going in there and wanderin around. Just add this one to the list of many Twizlo,palladium, Factory( ooops spoke to soon ,Giuliani aint done yet)

I hope you are FUCKIN joking~!. . .That would really suck. . .:jawdrop: Did Gatien sell it or is Guliani flexing his diesel chest?:confused: . . .I hope that place still stays open, well I'm hittin that rave up 2nite there, and goin Friday, they should have a funeral mass there Friday. . .:blown: just another club gone to shit. . .1 am meet up behind the DJ BOOTH on the pews(benches), I'll be wearing a black nike visor, tan cargo pants, <MikeMc)~ ~ ~

SEE EVERYBODY 2nite at 2 am behind the DJ BOOTH, on the pews aka benches. . .I'll have a black nike visor on, tan cargo pants. . .Don't be afraid to come up to me and say high. . .I don't bite, I usually chill upstairs in the SKY room. or on the sides that run parallell with the the dance floor. . .LaTerZ aLL. . .KiLL Guliani~! if he shuttin it down:blown: . . .<MikeMc)~ ~ ~

This ThursdayVibes Records presents...

A Party Called Release

@ the legendary nightclub Limelight

_MAINROOM_

House'o'Holics [[1st NYC appearance of 2001!]] (Waxworks, LA)

Extralive! [[100% LIVE PA!]] (Abstract Records, LA)

Adam X (Sonic Groove, NYC)

Dj Icon (Mach 5, SF)

Robbie Tronco (Forbidden/Local 13, Philly)

Gonzo vs. Tony Dee [[special birthday set for Gonzo!]] (Brooklyn

Union/Distort 909, NYC)

Dj X-Dream (Caffeine/Local 13, LI)

Exodus [[CD Release party]] (Tunnel/Limelight/Vibes Records, Dub Base

Recordings, NYC)

Michael Myers (Local 13/UC Music, Chicago/Philly)

Scorpion (Noom Records, Germany / Ravegear, Philly)

Knowledge (Columns of KnowledgeK:cid:x traxx, CT)

Johnny Fame (Park Rave Maddness, NYC)

Nightchild (EC Multimedia, Vibes Records, SI)

Kelee (VIP records, NJ)

_CHAPEL_

Space Monk-E vs. Waco (Wherehouse prod/Vibes Records, Compound prod, NJ)

Apollo vs. Chris Asta vs. Sergio Padalino (Infinity Love Family/Vibe

Records, NJ)

Rythum Rock (Vibes Records, NY)

Becka (Dub Base Recordings/Vibes Records, LI)

Septum (NJHC/Vibes Records, NJ)

Michael Bliss (Downtown 161 Records/Vibes Records, NY)

Jose Velez (Adrenaline/Vibes Records, NY)

PS11 (Union, NY)

_GEIGER ROOM_

Dj Seen w/ MC Posi-D (Rawkuts/Audio Arcade, NJ)

Jo-S (G:Force/Rawkuts, NJ)

Rubix Qube w/ MC Sharpness (Foundation Vibration, Philly)

Myster Mason w/ MC Armani (Local 13/GASM, Philly)

Mumblz [[special Jungle Set!]](H.S.C. Records/Generation X'd, NJ)

John Hozak (VIP Records, NJ)

_INFO_

[[time]] 10p-8a

[[location]] the legendary club Limelight @ 20th st & 6th ave, NYC

[[price]] $15 on guestlist, $20 presale ticket or before 12, $25 for all

walkup admission

[[contact]] Vibes Records @ 718.370.9500 or gammavibes@aol.com

[[restrictions]] 18+ w/ id, no weapons, drugs, cans, bottles, markers,

stickers, or flyers

Originally posted by shadowchaser

tomorrow is its final night. . .

monday, it turns into a restaurant. . .

one of my first homes. . .

nyc sux. . .

Frankie where did ya hear that????? I was just there 20 minutes ago..and I never heard anything about that..........:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Rebecca07

i'd like to know where you get your information from. LL isn't closing,my b/f works there and he hasn't heard anything like that at all.

true dat...

as i said i was there a half hour ago....it is not turning into a restaurant....

This is just another rumor, that everyone believes...if you want the truth, go to the source.....I.E. someone that works /or worked there:)

Limelight was sold to John Blair, it is not turning into a restaurant, but will continue to be a nightclub. I am not sure if the name will stay the same or will change. This information is coming right out of limelight's office.

Did anyone read the Todays Newsday article.It appears that monday P.Gatian is going to bancruptcy court to get the courts approval for the sale of LL and Tunnel to a company by the name of Tunnel lTD and someone else. If this is true it will remain open for at least another 4-6 weeks pending a formal closing. Here is something that everyone might find interesting obviously unless your an attorney or have been in bancruptcy you would never know this. No im not bancrupt but in my business I bail many out of BK or pilege them.From the moment a person or a company files for BK 7,13 whatever all assets,money ,accounts ,business or property basically need permission from the court in order to be sold,given,destroyed any thing.Ultimately you and everything you own go under the control and protection of the US BK court therefore you need their permission to do anything.So he just wont close up like that the court has to approve the sale and hes just trying to squeeze the last blood of out those two rocks.

I heard that Gatien was selling LL to john blair a while ago....and blair was going to change the name, but i cant remember what the name was suppose to be (i remember it was something spiritual though). and i heard that it was only going to be half restaurant....kinda like OHM was....LL needed to be shut down and it needs some major renovation, it has so much potential. hopefully blair, if he is the real new owner, will turn it into a classy club so that it can compete with the clubs and lounges that are within walking distance....well that is my opinion and i look at it this way...it cant get any worse than it already is.....i miss how LL used to be in 1996 :(

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

no this is all real shit that i have heard.....i actually heard that JP was goin to b partners with Blair......but i dont know about that part!

The John Blair thing has sum truth to it....he is among sum of the psrtners taking over...

But JP has NOTHING to do with LL............

Trust me on that one;)

my dad works a few shops over on 20th st. and we know very high peeps over there. So me and my bro wen and asked and they said the club will still be rnnign for years there just having a little trouble with the ownership. I will ask the ppeps there whats happning

my dad works a few shops over on 20th st. and we know very high peeps over there. So me and my bro wen and asked and they said the club will still be rnnign for years there just having a little trouble with the ownership. I will ask the ppeps there whats happning