Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Been To Ps 1

Save it for a sunny day though...

Music's always different but it's the kinda place where they could drop anything on the dance floor and you end up bopping your head to it as you dig the crowds of sun tanners..

Mist machines..

crazy art inside the FUN HOUSE like museum..

Good beer and great vibe!

PM me next time you go..

Many of us CP heads have met up inside a couple times!

Check out the URL I'm posting for dates on music..

(I'm particularly looking foward to Karsh Kale, Kid Koala and the TURN TABLES ON THE HUDSON guys on the 18th!)

\http://www.ps1.org/cut/summer01.html

Originally posted by hmnyc

I MET SOME GIRL THAT WORKS FOR WAVE MUSIC AND SHE WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HOSTED BODY&SOUL IN CENTRAL PARK AND AT VINYL ON SUNDAYS. DO THEY SPIN DEEP HOUSE AT ALL.

Always different..

It's not like Body& Soul @ Vynil..

It's just a sand filled Art fest with a dance floor and a rotating roster of MANY types of sounds..

Each week different..

Check out the sight I posted and the listenings on Time Out NY for EXACTLY what DJ spins what..

DEF worth a trip though..

If you don't like the sounds you can always smoke a phaty on a hamock under a mist machine..

:idea:

Originally posted by stacychase

i have been twice this summer and i loved it both times. i am hoping that next saturday is beautiful (cooler) so that we can go again....

great vibe, decent music, cool peeps to chill with!

yeah!!!! i wanna go next saturday!!!!! all day!!!! yeah!!!!!:tongue:

i will be there again on saturday. entertaining some out of towners by taking them to the chillest daytime spot in NYC.

if you haven't been, GO GO GO!!

for info they also have a link you can find at citysearch by searching for "P.S.1"

in addition to MUGZ' great review of the place, they have beer, water, icecream, burgers and the best brownies ever if you need a munch! (and not tough on the wallet at all) also some pools and stuff, so if its real hot consider bringin' a suit.

will look for y'all in our misty / hammock spot....

Originally posted by hmnyc

I MET SOME GIRL THAT WORKS FOR WAVE MUSIC AND SHE WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HOSTED BODY&SOUL IN CENTRAL PARK AND AT VINYL ON SUNDAYS. DO THEY SPIN DEEP HOUSE AT ALL.

now i'm confused. are you asking if they spin deep house at ps1? if that's what you mean, then the answer is maybe. it's different every week. ps1 isn't JUST about the music...it's about art, relaxation, being with your friends, and people watching. it's just a great way to while away a saturday afternoon, and if you like whatever music is playing, you can go to the dance floor. two weeks ago when we were there the dance floor was packed.