Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz anyone??

yellowgirl

Just checking to see if you any of you partykids are hitting Buzz this Friday....????? I haven't been since the nite with MJ Cole (who was awesome) & Sandra Collins (what a disappoinment!).

I hope Oakenfold delivers....and the vibe is good.

Well I'm off to order my tickets!

Ciao!

-YG

You better believe it....

I'm driving down there for the weekend to meet my best friend. He's flying in from Vegas and has his sister's wedding the next day, and he's gonna be tired...eeehhhh...I was at Buzz once last summer and loved it, can't wait, every time I've seen Oakey live he's been solid

i'm going as well (don't hate me shady!). tip - we tried to buy tix thru ticketmaster yesterday but they were all sold out. BUT yoshitoshi still had a few (under a 100) left as of yesterday evening - they only accept cash and they can't reserve tix though.

I was going to go Friday just cuz some friends were going (one of which actually likes Oakie a lot for some reason, one of which just wants to go dance, and a third who has never been clubbing really). I was going to just tag along because I had nothing better to do, but Ticket Master was sold out. Oh darn.

He likes that particular flavor of cheese. He was the one who first took me to Twilo (for an S&D night), and he's been listening to Deep Dish pretty steadily since we saw them at Buzz in June (I tried telling all my friends that Deep Dish were good before hand, but they didn't seem to believe me). But he has a soft spot for Oakenfold for some reason. The first time I saw Oakie last November I had a great time, but I was in no condition to evaluate his set :roll: I found him very unmoving at Area 1, though, especially since Carl Cox was wreckin shit. Everyone else in the tent seemed to love Oakie, though.

I saw him both those times too. Everyone definitely was having a good time in the tent at Area Festival. But I think a lot of them didn't even know why. When everyone was yelling 'Oakie, Oakie', this dude asked me if that was Moby spinning. I told him it was Oakie, but I don't think he heard me, cause he started yelling 'Moby, Moby'. I just walked away quickly, cause I didn't want people thinking he was part of my crew... :D:tongue:

I must admit, I had a good time at both, but then again, I was so fucked up I would've had a good time watching paint dry...

The people in the tent at Area 1 sure seemed to enjoy Cox's set, but I don't remember anyone yelling "Coxy" at the end of it. Maybe had I been fucked up then I would have enjoyed Oakie too. If I did go see Oakie this Friday I'd want to be fucked up and that would be bad because then the night would be about the drugs and not the music. I think you're right about people having fun without giving a shit about the music. When Carl Cox was at Buzz in February two jackasses cut in line behind me and were trying to pick up these girls walking by by letting them cut into line with them. The girls had never been to Buzz so the guys were telling them how they come every weekend and that the reason the line was so long this time was because "Courtney Cox" was spinning. Of course, we were in the ticket holders line and they didn't realize that there wer advanced ticket sales and that it was sold out so they stood in line in the cold winter rain for nothing for quite a while. Has little to do with the discussion, but it's a funny story.