Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold is Overrated

Where do you think Oakenfold stands?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Oakenfold stands?

• He's doing everything he's supposed to and worth the money.
    • He's doing everything he's supposed but not worth the money.
    • He's moving in the wrong direction as a DJ.
    • He's a sell out.

What is he supposed to do?

Tell someone that is interested in his talents that he refuses to take the big money and further his career in the name of the music? That is even more ridiculous. The big problem with everyone and Oakenfold is that he never changed. The thing everyone is really mad about is that Oakie is not the private pleasure of the deep clubbers and ravers, but now a household name to the juicers and glammers.

I don't think paying $40 to see him is worth it, but that is me. I'd rather pay $10 to go see local DJs play their hearts out. If Oakie is worth $65,000 because people are willing to pay loads to see him spin. Regardless of whether or not these people are as deep into the music as the people here are, Oakie needs to pay his bills, and he is the man in demand. he found success DJing and now his fans think he sold out. You honestly show me ANY DJ that would not take up on that if they were in that kind of demand, and I would say he/she is insane.

I heard Oakie's old sets, and I heard his recent ones. He hasn't changed. The scene did.

djamfooter.gif

Totally agree with that last comment. Besides, has anyone seen him lately? He just has this attitude now that he's the shit. Course he doesn't realize that his stock is falling incredibly low with the real music lovers the most important people to this scene.

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT OAKIE IS DOING.

LOOK AT ANOTHER WORLD FOR EXAMPLE: SICK FUCKING CD (EXCEPT FOR THE BLADERUNNER TRACKS). LOST IT.COM, QUIVVER, MAX GRAHAM, JAN JOHNSTON, DELERIUM, DJ TIESTO, VANGELIS, ETC

THEN OAKIE DOES THE SWORDFISH SOUNDTRACK:puke: (A BIT OF A RIP-OFF OF RUN LOLA RUN TOO)

I THOUGHT PLAY (BY MOBY) WAS BETTER, AND THATS JUST SAD.

Oakenfold is a great dj, i love him, but he`s rippin people off, and thats just fucked, i wouldnt expect that from a man who makes songs like he does, it just doesnt seem like someone who makes tracks that he does would charge like he does

Originally posted by djamnfx

What is he supposed to do?

Tell someone that is interested in his talents that he refuses to take the big money and further his career in the name of the music? That is even more ridiculous. The big problem with everyone and Oakenfold is that he never changed. The thing everyone is really mad about is that Oakie is not the private pleasure of the deep clubbers and ravers, but now a household name to the juicers and glammers.

I don't think paying $40 to see him is worth it, but that is me. I'd rather pay $10 to go see local DJs play their hearts out. If Oakie is worth $65,000 because people are willing to pay loads to see him spin. Regardless of whether or not these people are as deep into the music as the people here are, Oakie needs to pay his bills, and he is the man in demand. he found success DJing and now his fans think he sold out. You honestly show me ANY DJ that would not take up on that if they were in that kind of demand, and I would say he/she is insane.

I heard Oakie's old sets, and I heard his recent ones. He hasn't changed. The scene did.

djamfooter.gif

well put

Sell out!!!!!!!

I wouldnt pay 10 dollars to see him....

I saw him a few weeks ago at Area one..andONLY cause Carl Cox was there....

I stayed to see Oakie..and he played 80% of the trackx i predicted......now thats a real Dj for ya:rolleyes:

djamnfx is 100% correct. Why shouldn't he get paid as much as he possibly can? Oakenfold has done something no other DJ has, and that is get mainstream recognition. His shows have become more like concerts rather than club nights. He gets a lot of positive publicity and that is a good thing for the electronic dance culture as a whole, because we all know how negatively it is viewed upon these days. Let him charge and get paid as much as he can. You may not like his music anymore, but hes the biggest DJ out there right now and that why he gets paid more than anyone else. Just because he charges a lot doesn't mean you have to pay to see him.