Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo in miami

irolldoyou

I find that hard to believe ... Fuel? but it's been bought out by Opium, like Cooljunkie said, there are different locations that could house this but everything of Twilo has been sold off ... even if it is true, it'll be awhile before anything will really materialize .....

I have gone to Twilo in NYC when I lived there Im sure the flavor down here would be different...after all the music is what makes the clubs unless they bring down those DJ that spinned in NYC....* Hold his breath and passes out*

I Miss NYC TRANCE!

I heard scuttlebutt about Twilo Miami before Twilo NYC closed. It was to be competition against crobar as a brand name for US clubbing. crobar's one step ahead in the brand race so far, they have 2 venues, a clothing line and a record label. I know Twilo had a record label and a clothing line, but crobar has that and 2 venues...

But I'd be all for a Twilo Miami in downtown. I can think of several buildings that would fit the bill already. If this comes to fruition I can see Luis Puig and co. pissing themselves in fear.

ha. to see the day THAT happens. if it does...would be NOWHERE near what twilo in ny was. i can't see ANY club in miami coming near the vibe twilo had. it's just too trendy and fake down here. sad to say...but true.

but hey, i'm up for anything that will give space competition. maybe be a bit more lax on the dress code and cover charge. ho hum...if life were only that easy. :rolleyes:

there will never be another TWILO like the one in NYC..doesnt matter how hard anyone tries to replicate it...maybe close to it but just not the same...i know when pvd spun at Space in June.. the crowds energy and population was not even as massive as TWILO in nyc when he spun there..

my two cents

:bounce:

I really hope they don't try to replicate the NYC location. I've always held the belief that Miami is Miami and NYC is NYC. When I want NY style clubbing I go to NYC. Not every place should strive to be like New York. If every place was, where would that leave NYC? If a Twilo Miami opens, ideally it'll have the relaxed attitude of the NY location, but with the hours, certain talent that doesn't do NYC, and spirit of Miami. Look at crobar. From what I've been told, crobar chicago is one of the loosest clubs out there...whereas crobar miami is a massive monument to sophistication and glamour (although with a killer staff and talent!)...

I'm defenitely all for Twilo-Miami, I think it's a fabulous idea and should this place open, things down here will change drastically. It'll shake the foundation clean and set a new norm of clubbing. The clubbing attitude is defenitely different up there in New York and the dj culture is much stronger and more diverse. I think should this place open, it'll give alot to the clubbing community down here; change. I sure hope if this place open's, that it has it's own identity, let it be itself and not a replacation. resident dj's? Deep Dish and Jimmy Van, why not? :D

sorry, dave ralph doesn't cut it. u need someone more innovating.

for starters Sasha & Digweed for damn sure. those 8-10 hour sets at twilo were something special.

Howells & Tenaglia - the night that never happened. this line-up is a must, i don't care if it was at 'el tipico'

Lee Burridge, Craig Richards, & Terry Francis

Bring the naked crew for a monthly - miguel miggs & mauricio aviles & co.

i can't comment on your locals down there. i havent heard any of them besides diaz in years.