Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tenaglia at Vinyl

I don't know if he's there on the 24th. However- general info-

The crowd is mixed. No dress code. Not primarily juiceheads, but apparently the word has spread that Danny's an amazing dj because they are definitely represented. As for taking anything in- they do a VERY thorough search, including sometimes looking in your wallet and cigarettes, and sometimes feeling girls up (they have separate male and female searchers). So make sure to put anything someplace noone would EVER look. Oh, and Danny doesn't like glowsticks so leave them at home.

is way to hott to even consider going there. They have no A/C and it is honestly about 110 degress in there. If you dont mind sweating and losing about 5 lbs then go. But I will not go until I hear tha tthey have an AC system up in there.

The later it gets, the less You feel that heat..

i agree they most Deff need an AC up in VINLY!!!

i still go regardless..

in TWO WEEKS

LEE BURRIDGE & ANTHONY PAPPA!!

AUG 30

it going to be fucking GOOD.

also SUNDAY AUG 2 DANNY HOWELLS...

he was realy good a few weeks ago...

DT spins every friday @ VINYL (if he's not they give you plenty of notice)

Dress like your gonna spend the day @ the beach cause no kiddin - it's real hot. (although they did upgrade A/C a little)

From your post it doesn't seen like it matters to you but VINYL does not serve alcohol. They have cleaned the place up alot since Twilo got shut down. No glowsticks or flashlights.

By around 3 or 4 VINYL begins to resemble a prison dance.

Here it goes...I've been a 'big fan big fan' of Danny T for a while...he is a NYC original who spins for the music not for rep or fame. VINLY is his home and before gustopo guilani closed down everyother club, VINLY was friday's best kept secret. Now the secret is out and every tom& dick& tunnel kid comes there to fry their brains...pretty sad because before you could dance and sweat and still be able to cool off in the back not too long ago. I am sure that VINLY will be in line for termination once "that elemnet" out numbers the original 'big fan big fans'.

Originally posted by tastyt

I don't know if he's there on the 24th. However- general info-

The crowd is mixed. No dress code. Not primarily juiceheads, but apparently the word has spread that Danny's an amazing dj because they are definitely represented. As for taking anything in- they do a VERY thorough search, including sometimes looking in your wallet and cigarettes, and sometimes feeling girls up (they have separate male and female searchers). So make sure to put anything someplace noone would EVER look. Oh, and Danny doesn't like glowsticks so leave them at home.

I hate glowsticks to they suck but the thing that gets me is the theme of the party is be yourself.

So if your telling a raver to not bring there glowsticks your telling them to not be themself.

Maybe They should change the theme ofthe party NO Glowsticks

Just my opinion

Originally posted by tempkid

I hate glowsticks to they suck but the thing that gets me is the theme of the party is be yourself.

So if your telling a raver to not bring there glowsticks your telling them to not be themself.

Maybe They should change the theme ofthe party NO Glowsticks

Just my opinion

LOL! I'm picturing fliers for the "No Glowsticks" party...

I don't really get it either, but this has been discussed to death on this board so if anyone wants to scroll through the archives there's probably some type of explanation floating around somewhere!

juiceheads...right...i call'm 'bitchboyz'...the place is crawling with them man...horrible when you just wanna get loose and there is some lug so pumped up that he can't move to the beat...

and the "be yourself" attitude was there when all the other clubs would not let you in if you didn't look exactly like everyone else with club gear and sparkles and shit...the glowstick i think is cause VINLY is too small to spin them shits plus its like a VINLY thing to be 'olde school'...more about the dancing less about the dumb founded druggies watching the pretty colors stuff.

since twilo closed i admit i've been devoted to vinyl.

its the only place where i can dance my ass off without being completely fucked up, and still have the time of my life. the guy is amazing.

is there anyone else who hits dt for the ,music/dancing, and doesnt have to be trippin balls? save it for b4/after or some other party

and vinyl 'big fan', if you dont like what you see, say something. i'm sure other vinyl headz have your back

i luv vinyl...this is def. my second home after twilo (RIP)...but i dunno is just me or the crowd definatly started changin'...i've been going there almost the whole summer plus spring...now i run into people that are there for the wrong reasons...i can even tell by the girl's restroom...i get bumped by cilicone when i try to get some water, they just loooove dancin infront of the mirror...no discrimination intended for the cilicone goddeses but 'i just wanna refill my water please' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but in overall i don't mind all the juiceheads, and blondies....u must give them credit for making *looking good* their lifestyle...clubs would not be same without them...its dedication afterall ...but i do get annoyed when i get hit, pinched, grabbed and confused for a sweat towel...:o not to mention, my favorite, getting bumped by giant boobs so hard that u forget your name for a sec.:eek: those boobs must make axcellent floatation devices :idea:

I guess we got to go 'underground' again...actually in times of club/cultural oppression some of the best parties go on...in the early 80's we coke rules and disco rocked there was a real underground club scene...(so i'm told i was too young then)...I am sure that VINLY will be closed soon because it is getting too popular with the loss of Twilo and others...we are just months away (maybe weeks) from another raid or some kid ODing :(

...not to bring everyone down but club life as we've known it is dead in NYC...TIME TO GO UNDERGROUND!!!!:hat2:

Originally posted by ajamua

juiceheads...right...i call'm 'bitchboyz'...the place is crawling with them man...horrible when you just wanna get loose and there is some lug so pumped up that he can't move to the beat...

and the "be yourself" attitude was there when all the other clubs would not let you in if you didn't look exactly like everyone else with club gear and sparkles and shit...the glowstick i think is cause VINLY is too small to spin them shits plus its like a VINLY thing to be 'olde school'...more about the dancing less about the dumb founded druggies watching the pretty colors stuff.

Totally agree...sorry, but I feel I have to let some air out too. I always hate those big ass juiceheads. Not because they are pumped up and I am not, but rather because I like to be around people who are into the music and into dancing. On the contrary, those guys just seem to be there to show off all they steroids or whatever else they pumped into themselves. I actually think it is ironic when they start to try dancing and all they can do is sway from one side to the other because they are so blown up....

i hear all of you guys!

it is annoying walking into some bitch who's tits look like so big that you almost get kcocked of your feet, LOL

thats so True.

But like a while ago when i felt it getting icky, i told my friend and we decided that we Could deal with the fake bitch's and shit, because Back in the day we were the same thing, sorta, but that was the late80"S early 90's so it wasent that bAD, and we didnt Dress THE SAME< we had CLASS, lol

This was Way before, the "club kid"S Thangy, so it was "OK"

Haha

But now, i just cant stand them, so i dont go

and i know danny is not 100% Happy with the Club itself, so i hope he does something, different, new club,

DOOR POLICY

new party, ANYTHING, or fuck, NEW CLUBS so they leave VINYL ALONE Hahaha

i hate those Bitch's!!

LoL

*me*