Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Since when are clubs like SF considered high "calibre" . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

And the funny thing is, I'm a breaker and I'm complimenting a straighbeat DJ . .

Hey i totally agree with u about Lodi**I've actually been going to factory more fridays lately than saturdays**I've always found Lodi to be an awesome Dj and the music on fridays is always excellent there**No matter what anyone has said about fridays I've never had a complaint!!Except maybe the young crowd**Lodi def Kicks ass!!:eek::D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seems like everyone here relegates the whole underground concept to kids who have too much time and too little smarts to handle themselves.

I was hanging with a bunch of people in New Rochelle, trying to get a feel for the nightlife landscape and I happened to mention that I really enjoy dancin with glowsticks. I got a range of responses, but the most frequent sentiment seemed to be that the whole B-boy/glowstick crowd was nothing but a bunch of F**king kids.

I'm 23, so obviously, I can't exactly get candied out in Flourescent colors anymore (not unless I'm really motivated), but the glowstick thing is a symbol of the scene that I hold very dear, I mean come on . .what would a good party be without people blowin you up with glowsticks. ?

I guess NY went through the same thing Orlando did. A fall from cool undergound people to kids on drugs, therefore tainting the way people perceive the whole essence of being a clubber. .

All I have to say is deal wit the mix.. if people wanna dance around practically naked and all juiced up SO BE IT. Some people like that, everyone is their own person, and everyone has different taste. If you don't like the scene, there's a simple solution: DON'T GO THERE.

P.S. It's true, anyone that says Jonathan Peters sucks canb low my left asshole because you OBVIOUSLY have no taste in good music.

P.P.S. I would DEFINTELY not mind Johnny Vicious becoming the resident on Fridays at Factory (not dissin' Lodi, just saying I wouldn't mind Vicious!)

I seems like everyone here relegates the whole underground concept to kids who have too much time and too little smarts to handle themselves.

I was hanging with a bunch of people in New Rochelle, trying to get a feel for the nightlife landscape and I happened to mention that I really enjoy dancin with glowsticks. I got a range of responses, but the most frequent sentiment seemed to be that the whole B-boy/glowstick crowd was nothing but a bunch of F**king kids.

I'm 23, so obviously, I can't exactly get candied out in Flourescent colors anymore (not unless I'm really motivated), but the glowstick thing is a symbol of the scene that I hold very dear, I mean come on . .what would a good party be without people blowin you up with glowsticks. ?

I guess NY went through the same thing Orlando did. A fall from cool undergound people to kids on drugs, therefore tainting the way people perceive the whole essence of being a clubber. .

Hey I'm 22 and i Like dancing with glowsticks;) What i actually meant by a young crowd really has nothing to do with that sort of stuff but If u go to factory on A Friday and then on a saturday its like night and day**the younger crowd really dosen't give a shit about the music as much and so on**:D

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

I HAVE TO AGREE

A LOT OF US KIDDIES DONT APPRECIATE DANCE MUSIC. MOST OF MY FRIENDS DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING BEYOND HOUSE OR TRANCE, AND MOST OF WHAT DANCE MUSIC THEY DO LISTEN TO TENDS TO BE MOSTLY EUROTRASH. THEY SAY STUFF LIKE "ALL TECHNO SOUNDS THE SAME"

:mad:

Define what Eurotrash is. That "all techno sounds the same" bit points at them not listening to anything close to house and at best, trance on the fringe.

Define what Eurotrash is. That "all techno sounds the same" bit points at them not listening to anything close to house and at best, trance on the fringe.

I believe bigpoppanils meant the type of people rather than the music. Eurotrash, to me, are all those dot.commer/Manhattan hipster socialite types who go around with Euromullets and "Excessively Expensive, But Look Like They're Trashy" getups.

Those people are annoying, but keep em in the minority at the party and you shouldn't have a problem.

I heard Lodi On LIR and found him to be a good DJ. He seemed to be the only one I've heard on the radio up here that actually holds his mixes for more than an 8 count.

yup.. he's decent.. bit on the commercial side at times though.. but most of the dj's on the radio aren't the greatest mixers..

we dotn' get the danny howells, or sasha's of the world on the radio here..

Hey I'm 22 and i Like dancing with glowsticks What i actually meant by a young crowd really has nothing to do with that sort of stuff but If u go to factory on A Friday and then on a saturday its like night and day**the younger crowd really dosen't give a shit about the music as much and so on**

i'm only 19 and im all about tha music...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce::shades2:

i dunno about lodi being good? i guess he hold his own for a factory fri..but who cares anyway~those kids are all too mangled to know what is being spun anyway! but back to the meathead topic....i like them!! LOL ....i don't hear any guys complaining about the girls in there with slammin bodies and big boobies!! so why can't us girls have a nice built guy for soem eye candy too!!? anyways...the glowstick thing....i'm not knockin it i just don't think it belongs in factory on a sat night....

Regardless of Caliber, Sound Factory is the phattest venue in New York City on a Saturday night, especially now that Twilo is no longer alive. Excessive "caliber" turns a club into a place for idiots who really have no idea why the fuck they came out of the house in the first place. At factory, one has quality music, a diversified crowd, many cool kats for the most part, beautiful women, and not too much bullshit or "caliber." The vibe is always pleasing. Factory has always been a place where individuals from almost every economical/ethnic background can go and dance their asses off to great music. Peters has spent a long time building a good vibe there, and it prevails. Such a combination of elements makes Factory one of the highest caliber clubs in my eyes. Fuck anything more or less.

Sound factory is, was, and always will be the best venue in Manhattan night life on a Saturday night. It is the only club I can frequent and not get disgusted with.

You seem to have assumed that I meant "calibre" to mean "expensively dressed" which is not the case.

When I say "calibre" I'm referring to how many serious party people there are in the place. Party people who care. .

Can't we all just get along?

serious party people?? people who care??!?! r u joking? i cannot believe i am even justifying this with a response....walk in there on sunday afternoon and give me a better group of people who r there for the music and to simply dance their asses off!! honestly....how many times have u been there~and when do u go? what are u basing your posts on?!!?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hello to all,

I am new to the message board, but I like to read it for laughs. Here is my viewpoint on this subject and everyone can reem me if they choose. I am 23 and have done my partying all over Europe, New York, Miami, just about anywhere. I have passed my phase of chemicals for a good night, it was fun but what I realized is that the music at that point was always an afterthought, you danced like a fool, but they could have been banging on a drum and that would have been pleasure enough. So I realized that sober is the way to go, no drinks, drugs or anything, if anything I will take a stacker or hydroxycut or even drink coffee, and at that time I party better and longer than anyone there, people ask me all night what kind of jelly beans (Florida term) I got and are stunned when I tell them sober, because they are all sitting on the side waiting for takeoff. I've went to JP nights at SF and yes the people there party there hardcore all night but when 90-99% are on some sort of chemical experiment you cannot tell me they realize what is going on as long as there is bass they are happy. I am not a kandy raver I am a just a guy who likes good beats from Sasha to DT to Carl Cox, and all those sober nights have been the best, last friday at Vinyl was unreal (Limelight Saturday was alright, music was okay but too many dropoffs, and too many 15 year olds looking for their friends, I was the guy with the brown fringed hat with sunglasses), DT sober is an experience on its own I may be deaf now but its all for the music. I am writing this in a passive undertone which means I am not showing any aggression or anymosity towards anyone, i am also bored as shit at work...

Thanks to all

Best night ever for me as an add on has to be Roselands last yea Sandra, Oakey, I am not a fan of his any longer but that night was banging, once again sober....

WHATEVA you MEATHEADZ & HOOCHIES they BOTH SUCK. It's a pre package trendy ass party. Of course if you're tacky like that it's the best thing you'll ever know.... hehehehe

FYI>>> the last time and only time I've been to SF wuz 6 yrs ago I wasn't too amazed and don't tell mee it's changed kus it probably did but, for the WORST.

EXIT>>> forget it that's the worst one can we say

Ghetto Fabulous

the only good party that place has ever had.. wuz Suzzane Barch's Halloween party 5 yrs ago!!!

okey now u guys can dizz mee :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

WELL IF SF AND EXIT DDINT EXIST, ALL THE JUICEHEADS WOULD BE CROWDING LL, VINYL, AND CENTRO. ITS A GOOD THING THEY EXIST

EXACTLY. Thank GOD for places like SF and Exit. without them I'd be forced to look at hoochies and meat/juiceheads in MY favorite spots.

Everyone stop dissing on the big cheese clubs. We dont want these kids gettin wind of the really good music.

haha.

J/K. much love.

:tongue: