Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Start a Club...Just add money!

attomic

i'm sure many out there would like to do that. i for one would like to do something a bit more low key than a club. no stress. just something intimate to where you can move your ass to it and not have to deal with shitty doormen, outrageous cover charges or drinks.

is that too much to ask for in this damn city? :confused:

Originally posted by joeygk

BUT IS YOUR FRIEND MARRIED TO THE WHOLE "BAHA BEACH CLUB" IDEA....COULDN'T HE GO IN ANOTHER DIRECTION..............................

I wish he wasn't, but he is a businessman first and going with what he knows (he has a few clubs in Detroit)

I'm having dinner with him again this week to give it one more try. He does say if he doesn't get the property he wants, where Virtual Cafe used to be, he may do a more "Techno Club" in his words at some old masonic lodge in the Grove.

Either way I can't see it being anything but a bar pandering to tourists.

sigh....

You could have a good quality venue in the grove, but the type of crowd that the grove attracts isn't what I call desireable. During the summer it's dead, and during the season it's drunken college students and tourists.

I noticed people putting ideas about a perfect club, good crowd, but no one really came up with how the "perfect club" would make money- Which for all owners is the bottom line. Just the expense of opening a club and keeping it open is a big nut every week, you can't expect to open a club with no cover, and have great sound and lights, and talent, just to attract a bunch of club kids with $20 in their pockets! as much as club kids attribute to the energy and culture of the club business, without people that will spend $20 at the door and more money on drinks when they are inside, a nightclub can't survive. That is why doormen are the way they are( I admit some could be nicer, but if you ever sat out there and saw what they dealt with all night long, you would have a better understanding-no I'm not a doorman! ) I would like to see some better ideas about opening a club- actually the baha beach club idea in the grove will work well for the owner, you could always promote a club night on an off night!

Peace

uhhh thanks for the rundown on how "the club" works. i had no idea. :rolleyes:

no one said a word about not paying a cover charge. nor getting the hottest talent, lighting or sound system. there are plenty of clubs/bars out on the beach that don't offer either...yet they're still successful because they have a following. they have a laxed attitude. and most importantly...it's for the people. just a place to chill and get your groove or drink on. lighting is NOT essential. nor is high priced talent. take for example purdy lounge. it has a dj. drinks are not overpriced. there are couches to chill at. a little room to boogie and even a pool table. blue, when it first started, was a very relaxing place to hang out. great house music, couches to hang out at, and no overpriced drinks. same as the other place on española that has escaped my mind at the moment (where the restaurants are). marlin bar, lola...i could go on and on. get the picture. point is...you don't need a stupid doorperson, spectacular lighting, and state of the art sound to make a successful night.

you just need your foot in the door. cuz once you kick it open, you've got plenty to follow your lead.

Originally posted by thepulse

I noticed people putting ideas about a perfect club, good crowd, but no one really came up with how the "perfect club" would make money- Which for all owners is the bottom line. Just the expense of opening a club and keeping it open is a big nut every week, you can't expect to open a club with no cover, and have great sound and lights, and talent, just to attract a bunch of club kids with $20 in their pockets! as much as club kids attribute to the energy and culture of the club business, without people that will spend $20 at the door and more money on drinks when they are inside, a nightclub can't survive. That is why doormen are the way they are( I admit some could be nicer, but if you ever sat out there and saw what they dealt with all night long, you would have a better understanding-no I'm not a doorman! ) I would like to see some better ideas about opening a club- actually the baha beach club idea in the grove will work well for the owner, you could always promote a club night on an off night!

Peace

no offense bro.. part of owning a business, is talking some risk. complacency, is not always going to bring success. with reference to, your rationale for a doorman’s behavior. remember this, “treat people, as you would like to be treated.”..

laterz, sobeton

True those smaller clubs and lounges are great, how often does everyone go to those clubs?? and they can afford to price drinks lower because of size and location. The point is for top talent, sound and entertainment overall, you need more $. South Beach is one place that has a little something for everyone and I'm sure all of the doormen is south beach don't suck, In fact I can only remember one time that a doorman was even remotely mean or discourteous to me, I guess I'm lucky. Point here is if you don't like the doorman or the other club policies, don't go, there are many, many clubs to choose from in Miami, Miami Beach and the surrounding areas! See you all in the fall

Peace

Point here is if you don't like the doorman or the other club policies, don't go, there are many, many clubs to choose from in Miami, Miami Beach and the surrounding areas! See you all in the fall

Peace [/quote ]brilliant !! :huh:

Point here is if you don't like the doorman or the other club policies, don't go, there are many, many clubs to choose from in Miami, Miami Beach and the surrounding areas! See you all in the fall

Peace

obviously not from Miami ;)

OK since I started this thread I am going to give my thoughts on what I would like to do....

There is a little spot in the grove I know thats already set up. But do you think bringing in prog. house, prog trance, deep house type stuff could work out there? Kinda like BLUE's atmosphere on a Sat. night....

......that in Miami it's so hard to start a cool scene revolving around progressive like in England? That's one of my favortie styles of dance music. My own style is very much influenced by Digweed and Sasha.....I wish that type of music would get more attention in the underground scene down here in Miami......

ATTOMIC GO FOR IT DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE,,

WORK A DEAL WITH THE CLUB LIKE THEY KEEP THE BAR AND U KEEP THE DOOR OR SOME SHIT JUST GET A DEAL WITH THEM SO WHERE IF IT DOSNT DO ANY GOOD U DONT LOSE $$ BUT IF IT DOES GOOD U MAKE $$

THEN ONCE U GET A FEELING ABOUT THE JOINT IF U LIKE IT OR NOT U PROGRESS EITHER BIGGER NIGHTS OR A BIGGER CLUB..

PS U NEED ANY HELP AT ALL LET ME KNOW IM IN FULL EFFECT BEEN PROMOTING FOR YEARS