Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Describe your first...

prplhz

1. How old where you when you first went to a club?

2. Who was is with?

3. Where you under the influence of ________ (fill in the blank)

4. What music/DJ was playing?

5. When did you realize that you either liked this scene or didn't like this scene?

A little bored today and wanted to hear about others experiences...

Now I will answer my own:

1. I was like 18 or so, I went to the cheesy club in Saugus.... lol won't even mention the name. But my first real clubbing experience was when I was 22 at the Roxy on a saturday ngiht.

2. I was with Vikki123, Midlog, mkzoots, and these two other guys. Had a great time!

3. I was under the influence of loads of alcohol and trees, but had a great time falling all over everyone.... lol

4. It was the resident at the Roxy what ever his name is, plays all the played out club songs.

5. I immediatly loved the scene was a regular at the clubs starting the next weekend, now I am like club crazy lady.

Ok so I first went to an under 21 club when I was in H.S. if that counts at all. It was the same cheesy night club in Saugus prphlz is talking about ;)

My first night club experience in Boston was I think Karma when I was 21. There was two DJ's playing from England that night (don't know who) Had a good time. The music was ok. Went with a bunch of girls who I use to work with :)

1st real club experience(not including the Palace under21)-Avalon

I was 17 years old and my brother knew everyone there.

2 weeks after I dropped my first roll and Victor Calderone was spinning! I loved every second of it and everything was free and for the taking! It was the beginning of a great couple of years!

Unfortunately it pushed me in the wrong direction and I wish I never started. I would be in a much better position than I am now!*** Live & Learn I guess***:smile2:

1 I was 19 And it was Lansdowne Playhouse (1996)

2 Went with my friend and some greek people

3 Alcohol - believe it or not we just went to get drunk

4 didn't matter at that time - some greek dude I think

5 Same thing I loved it right away, took me some time though to define tastes in music, lately in fact I became very picky, listening only to underground, so the only place I can tolerate is AXIS

Wow, I can't think...I'm pretty sure this was the first time I went to a club but I could have gone to Avalon or something first...I honestly don't remember...but this is for sure the first of something else :roll:

1. 19

2. friends from school

3. first r@ll

4. spin cycle @ Axis...so it must have been Tym Ryan...the only specific song I remember was him ending w/ Heaven Scent...nice!

5. I am in it for the music 100%...yes I go out occasionally when a killer dj comes through but I still don't even consider myself a member of the scene (although I am well informed through message boards as to everything going on)

This is gonna take some thought, I'm not sure my memory goes that far back.

1.) My first club experience was Venus D'Milo, that's what Karma was back in the day when I was 18.

2.) I went there all the time with a bunch of college friends.

3.) Lots and lots of alcohol. I'm not the same innocent young (nieve) lad that I was then.

4.) I have no clue who was mixing, I was just there to get stupid.

5.) I loved it back then right away, did it all the time. Eventually just stopped going. Graduated college and was just into the bar thing for awhile, then a friend of mine got me back into clubs and I've been going all the time ever since. Now I'm more interested in the DJ's and thier musical skills and styles.

Let's see, I went to clubs and raves in Canada when I was 17, but I wasn't too into the scene. Went to raves when I turned 18, but that same year, I had my first real clubbing experience at Twilo. Rolled real hard that night, and believe it or not the dj was Paul Van Dyk. It was absolutely amazing, I haven't stopped partying since.

My first real clubbing experience was at Disco 2000 at Limelight when I was 17. I was with a bunch of freshman that I had just met in my freshmen dorm at Seton Hall; one of the girls worked there so she pretty much showed me the ropes!

The DJ was Keoki....straight up techno (I HATE TECHNO)

I was sober.....we may have drank a little & smoked a little pot....I didn't start rolling (in clubs) til February of 1998-the first time I heard JP (on a Sat) at Sound Factory (so basically I clubbed sober for 5 years...maybe dropped acid a couple times...why I started rolling 5 years into it I still have no idea.)

I loved the scene immediately, but it wasn't until I discovered Danny T at the Tunnel (D-Tour anyone?) that I started to LOVE the music...the way people were drawn to him amazed me. Now, I'm 100% hooked on the music..it means so much to me.

Sometimes though I wish I could just go out to have fun- my nights consist of critiquing the DJ, getting song ID's, trying to remember release dates to determine how old/ new a track is, who else remixed it, which remix is better, critiquing the crowd, trying to determine if the speaker is really blown or not, yelling at the DJ WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????....fuck I should be getting paid for this LOL

And those of you that know me well (STEPHEN) know all about the notepad (my brain is shot from too many bong rips)

xoox

Originally posted by djresident

Have ya ever rolled w/ the notepad? That would be interesting...

You don't even know the half of it.

I use it because I can't remember anything & also to write out lyrics to new vocals.

But every now & then I'll return from SF with something random written in it.

xoxo

Hey Minsanity my first candy experience was PVD at Twilo also, that's so funny! It was March 25, 2000! And you? Also, just wanted to say thanks for hooking my B-friend up with that guestlist thing are you going to Micro?

Prplhz

My first time was at Karma my sophomore year in college. i wasn't under the influence of anything and i had a horrible time (a couple of clubs on the street were closed that night so karma was way too packed). So I consider my second time, which was this summer, to be my first real time.

1) I'm 22 and it was at vinyl

2) It was with a friend who lives down in nyc and has been clubbing for a couple of years

3) We were rolling real hard (only my 3rd time)

4) Danny T tore the roof off the place. It was incredible

5) I can honestly say it was one of the most fun nights of my life. I was instantly addicted to the scene.

Now that I've discovered the joys of clubbing, i'm super psyched to get back to boston next week and start going out. one question, though. what does everyone do when teh clubs close? I assume there are afterhours parties, but how do I found out about them?

Well, I was 12 years old the first time I went to a club, Club 777 in Manchester NH. That was in 1988 and freestyle was big, stuff like Shannon, L'Trimm, JJ Fadd, Cover Girls, Expose, Beat Box, etc. My friend's older brothers used to take us there almost every weekend & to Razcals in Nashua, Speakeasy, and when I was 14 they started taking us to Faces in Cambridge. I was always sober.

In college I started going to raves, first one in 1993 I think - and tried acid a few times. The music was pretty intense techno, remember stylyphones & stuff? The Movement, Kraftwerk, Red Man, etc. That is when my music obsession really began.

After college is when I started going to Avalon every weekend, in 1996. Matty O was resident back then, dropping stuff like Prodigy, Faithless, Funk Green Dogs, Josh Wink, etc. Yes, that is also when I started rolling. I used to have to write away to dj's from this board to get tapes - they didn't sell the music anywhere accessible around here.

Anyway, that is how it all began :tongue:

ps - please note that i registered on this board in 1997/1998 and there was NO ONE from boston on it, so I named myself after my second home at the time :bounce: