Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF ??

digital7

okay, who here thinks that james likes dave seaman? lol

james> just play'n

u know that i thought he's set was fierce at crobar back in april. actually, the best ive heard since conference. even if you didnt like dave prior to that set, you left a fan :)

simply...classic!

Originally posted by james954

from an insiders perspective, you should place a great deal of blame on the clubs and their owners.

speaking of balance, lee burridge, will be in orlando on nov 9th i believe.

james> one might have to ask themselves why should club owners go the x-tra mile and spend some serious flow for quality when they can pack their clubs w/o even their resident djs present?

plz, i dont go for "its not season"-- likes its "season" anytime besides conference?

on a lighter note, that is my b-day week that burridge is here :)

season runs from oct to end of march. peaks during holidays and a major peak of conference/spring break. if you don't know, or don't notice season, then i'm sorry. fact is, the clubs (among other business) in south florida almost triple their business during this time. if you walk the streets of south beach on a wednesday night in august, then walk those same streets on a wednesday in january, you will see "season". clubs in miami traditionally don't don't like to book dj's on nights they can pack, just like you said, with basically nobody important on the decks. but during season, they can draw larger crowds on a mid week night, and make $$. fact. season is what it's all about here. resturants, clubs attractions. off season, the tourism drops dramatically, and most of the locals are on vacation etc. it's all about the # of people. south fla population is roughly 5 million over dade and broward. in the summer, maybe it's more like 3.5-4 million at any given day. and during season it swells to like 7-8 million on any given day. do the math.

2+2=5

James, very true that the club's down here run on "seasons" but it dosen't mean that the club's and club owner's should neglect the REAL muzik follower's here in Miami, which IMO is what's happening here. the fact that their so stingy and money hungry is depressing. what their actually doing is managing to push away the few muzik follower's away because of their inconsiderate and selfish act's, afraid it'll slice alittle bit into their profit's. money is the root of all evil ... just my .02$ cents

Stace, Im looking into a yellow bus that weekend, you game? hehehe ;)

james> valid points, however, i dont believe that any one venue down here books talent on a weekly basis even during season. (key word being weekly) yes, we do get a lil more but no where close to what we should get.

honestly do u think that club owners care about booking talent during season if they know that there clubs will still be packed?truth is that tourists come down b/c of the weather not the djs. they will still go out whether digweed is present or not.

How about AIR TRAVEL in November? :rolleyes: I can get us some pretty cheap deals on resorts in Santo Domingo. Looks like Dave Seaman will be there on the 24th of the month and let me tell you guys. . . as far as parties go . . . . The DR ROCKS!!!! Just ask the last batch of DJs who've been there (Tarentella and Redanka, JVM, etc.)

Originally posted by loraine

I'm down for the Nov. Fieldtrip!!!

permission slips required!

oh, and everyone check on your health insurance prior to me driving the bus

:tongue:

B> would love to check out your beloved DR. tho, maybe we should aim low this time and go to orlando? u know, everyone wants to do things but when it come to fronting the $, its like a desert

ah! this looks nice already ... we gotta take a trip to the Dominican for a fact !! Chris and Barb have hyped me up to the point that I'm already building a little raft with tubes and whatnot, hey? I gotta get there someway? but for sure, that'll be nice, no doubt .. The Burridge show is going to be amazing .. the countdown begins and it's looking like it's going to be a greyhound bus more than a yellow bus!

Originally posted by digital7

Austin is considered Texas' party town not Houston. everything is on in Austin as opposed to Houston which I went too alittle over a year and a half ago and it's MAD, MAD WEAK!! ... The city is horrible! it's ugly, nothing but sludge factories, chemical factories, steer's and queer's. I just don't picture either Burridge or Kleinenberg spinning in Houston and not here in Miami ... Austin is kewl, but's it's Houston we're talkin bout I reckon! :D

I agree.......I didn't like Houston at all when I visited there. In fact, from what I saw of Texas, there wasn't an inch of that state that I wished to spend any amount of time in. Granted, I did not see Austin. It's all dry, dusty and brown in Texas......haven't they ever heard of trees over there? Oh and if you think Houston is a crap hole, try Dallas, it's 100 times worse. I *have* also heard that Austin is a pretty cool town though.