Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Suggest a Sat JUNIOR Meetup

You can meet up with the ceo of my firm... he's 56, and he'll be there with his girlfriend. He came up to me this morning to ask if I could get him tickets for himself and his mistress for "the junior show at exit."

One more reason for me not to be there. Sad, considering it'd be my 8th year.

ichi

Junya's birthday, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways...

1) Exit - it's a great venue, big enough for every f'ing tourist who has ever heard of Ms. Thang to squeeze their way in.

2) His birthday party is never his best music because he is keeping the mass(holes) of tourists happy, and what the hell? It's going to be a long-ass set, why really work it too hard.

3) Ever notice that Junior's birthday is one of those events where fake poseur str8s find it "acceptable" to be seen at a gay party? These people then sneer at the true junya junkies who are not there in the latest and greatest of fashion b/c they want to fucking DANCE.

4) People who point and laugh at Kevin for doing what he does best, putting on a fabulous show (Look BobbySue, isn't that one of tthose he-she's we've heard about in East Bumblefuck?" Why, yes, BobbyJoe, I think they call them Drag Queens here!").

5) David Marvisi loves the narcs. They help keep his liquor sales up.

6) Sound Factory heads to wherever Junior is for this one.

7) Exit rats are not going to go away for this one.

8) NYC took away the best place in the world to have ever heard Junior. And I have heard her in a few spaces...

more to come as i think of them...

ichi

I can think of a dozen reasons not to go to ANY given party.......

But I only need one reason TO go......

Junior!

:)

MD

PS. I suggest an 8am meetup outside the lighting/sound booth which is on the 2nd floor all the way at the back of the club - the other suspended cage......If you're facing the djbooth-cage, its on your right.......

Originally posted by MissDiva

I can think of a dozen reasons not to go to ANY given party.......

But I only need one reason TO go......

Junior!

MD

PS. I suggest an 8am meetup outside the lighting/sound booth which is on the 2nd floor all the way at the back of the club - the other suspended cage......If you're facing the djbooth-cage, its on your right.......

Sounds cool,never been to Exit,8am meet up is fine,but in my case I'm such a dizzy queen when it comes to directions,but I'll find it.

Meetup sounds good, I'll be there with my crew

Cesar, you guys are welcomed to chill, it WILL be the worth the $50.

Ichi: whassssssssup brotha? where you been?

I cant deny your point of view, but it will be a special night, possibly one of the best parties of the year.

You forget - Jr doesnt have a residency and hasnt since April. We've only heard him twice (those of us who went to Orlando, 3x) and $50 is a DEAL considering that factor..(add up $25/week everyone would have paid if he was still at twilo!) ....I would pay it if I had to in a heartbeat!

finally......we have people talking about Jooon-Yaaaaa........i'm definetely going, and it's been 2 months since i've seen him.....i've actually never been to exit before, but, i'll agree, i'm not sure how it's gonna go, but......it's his bithday, come one......meet-up, huh......gladly, i just dont know my way around there......i should be getting there around 8, actually....

Miss Diva- Work, Bitch.......

Junya junkie since '93, been to many of his birthday parties, good and bad. This one, i dunno, it just isn't lighting my fire. She may not have or have had a residency since the beginning of May, but that doesn't mean she hasn't been working all over the place!

As for Junya with 4,999 other people, been there, done that, at a FAR better place called the Palladium, when his weekly event was called Arena, and there were that many people there, every week, through the night, constantly. And the crowd was GAY, not every nitwit who can read a flyer. Call me bitter, call me tired, but don't say I don't know the party.

Mikey! Long time no hear! Been laying low this summer, been working with a guy spinning Fire Island a few weekends, doing the summertime thang. Labor day is upon us, and true to my word, I have returned!!!

ichi :-)

So excited!!

meetup - 8am - on the 2nd floor, there are 2 suspended cages - one is the larger DJ booth in the center and the other is similar but smaller, and is to the back of the club near the staircases and bathrooms - the lighting guys are in there - and there are a bunch of couches there too. Best place to meet is right outside the entrance to that little cage.....

I'll be w/ a tan beefy hot guy :) who will be wearing camoflouge pants - prob the best way to find us is to look for his pants. Im short w/ dark long straight hair & boobies out to there lol --- come say hi!!!

Rene

Originally posted by corbett

Is it true they are charging $50 to get in for the average club goer? And if so... why in the world would people put up with that and shell it out?

check it out on Ticketmaster...

if my memory serves me correctly, prices were higher at the Gay Pride event at the Roxy that he did not long ago...

even more expensive than that was the event that weekend at the Hammerstein Ballroom, with Victor Calderone, at $75 each in advance