Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Afford To Go Out So Much In Nyc????

WELL, ON AVERAGE (IM NOT SAYING EVERYONE) PEOPLE GET HIGHER SALARIES HERE. AND NOT EVERYONE GOES OUT ALL THE TIME. EVEN AT MY LAST JOB WHERE I GOT PAID $6/HR, I WENT OUT AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. MOST OF US GO OUT AT MOST 2 NIGHTS A WEEK. PLUS, MOST PEOPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH THAT THEY DONT DRINK AND DO DRUGS AT THE SAME TIME (ESPECIALLY E AND GHB).

Originally posted by carsonmartin

my buddy just got back from his trip to nyc....said it was expensive as hell to go out.

How do you guys afford all these covers plus $10+ drinks? Now I know what all you cats up there roll, bump, and rail.

thanks.

~Carson

On top of all that add rent. I have my own place and am paying, well, lets just say north of 1200 / month.

Its expensive to do everything here, but its the best, and I love it .I'm lucky enough to have a job in which I can afford it.

Lets not forget, bumping, railing, and rolling costs too ;)

I am a supervisor at a telemarkting company I get paid $12.50 an hour. But I have been broke lately cause I took some time off work to like SLEEP and just get everything ready for school. But usually im good with getting into clubs. But since I work for SF i get a comp so that kinda rules out my expensis for the night. And considering I don't really drink lolz my night is basicly free =)

OK seriously, how about this? Since I've never, ever been to NYC in my entire life (yet have a lot of friends who make monthly or bi-monthly trips), when should I go? And where? I love more upscale places where some of what I wear here to places like our Mercury Lounge (http://www.themercurylounge.com) is a perfect fit in NYC--but remember I still have to dance, too. Also, where do I shop. Some say the department stores, others the couture salons themselves, still others say the outlets.

Suggestions, please? Thanks.

:)

Oh, I see. You're a fellow Ohioan. I've been here a little over a year and all i can say is "get your arse over here and get a real job and you'll understand how to live and play the game like the rest of us".

Everyone's got different style and interests, so what you want to do and what kinds of clothing you're into will decide where you will want to shop and hang out at.

I'm willing to guess that the best time to go clubbing in the city is during the winter time, but try to stay away from the holidays - too many tourists... Keep a look out on the boards. We usually keep each other posted on what's going on prior to the weekends.

I think its just ridiculous how much they charge for drinks in these clubs. Especially in sf and centro-fly. I got a shot of tequila in centro and it was $9!!!!!! Can you believe that. I think the drinks at limelight are the cheapast out of all the clubs. I always get wasted there.:puke:

I don't understand why everyone blows there money at clubs for drinks. Just drink before you enter the club. I drive all the time... so when I park my car on the street. I just take a few shots and head over to the club. It saves me like 40 dollars.

If the rent is too much, for most here, there's always the "Mom and Dad Hotel"

Free food, laundry, utilities, and sometimes vehicle, to go with it too (any other benefits?)

I guess the only downside is that the owners will bug and harrass you about random stuff every now and then.

In any case, so that leaves your hard-earned paycheck for the important stuff: partying!