Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm coming!! I'm coming!!

I'm going to be in NYC in Sept and I definitely want to go clubbing.

Can someone recommend a club that has:

(1) House music

(2) great lighting and effects

(3) multiple rooms with different music, i.e. House, Disco, etc.

(4) good crowd

Please help me, people. I need you. Thanks. :)

FIRST OFF, DISCO (:puke: ) ISNT PLAYED THAT MUCH HERE. IF YOURE LLOKING FOR HOUSE, GO TO VINYL ON FRIDAYS WHEN DANNY TENAGLIA IS PLAYING. VERY GOOD CROWD FROM WHAT I HEAR.

IF YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED FOR DISCO, CHECK OUT WEBSTER HALL (THEY PLAY EVERYTHING, VERY TOURISTY) OR CULTURE CLUB

FIRST OFF, DISCO ISNT PLAYED THAT MUCH HERE.

I find that hard to believe. I've been to clubs around the country where, if they have more than one room, that extra room is usually used for Disco or '80's music played with a funk sound to it. So in all of NYC there's only one place that plays Disco? Are ya kidding me?

IF YOURE LLOKING FOR HOUSE, GO TO VINYL ON FRIDAYS WHEN DANNY TENAGLIA IS PLAYING. VERY GOOD CROWD FROM WHAT I HEAR.

You've never been to Vinyl? Can you recommend a club that you've actually been to?

IF YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED FOR DISCO, CHECK OUT WEBSTER HALL (THEY PLAY EVERYTHING, VERY TOURISTY)

Have you been to this club? What do you mean by touristy? How does the fact that tourists go to this club make it touristy?

FIRST OFF, TOURISTY MEANS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE. IF IT IS FULL OF TOURISTS, IT MUST BE TOURISTY. HELLO?

I HAVENT BEEN THERE MYSELF, BUT IF YOU ASK THAT QUESTION ON THIS BOARD NEARLY EVERYONE WILL AGREE WITH ME.

VINYL IS THE BEST CLUB FOR HOUSE. DANNY TENAGLIA IS INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED FOR HIS SETS. I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO GO THERE. IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT HOUSE YOU LIKE. IF YOURE LOOKING FOR HARD HOUSE, EXIT MIGHT BE A BETTER CHOICE, BUT VINYL WOULD BE THE SAFEST BET

AND WHEN IT COMES TO DISCO, DISCO ISNT PLAYED THAT MUCH HERE. THE ONLY CLUBS THAT I KNOW OF THAT SPIN DISCO ARE CULTURE CLUB AND WEBSTER HALL (LIMELIGHT MIGHT, BUT I'M NOT TOO SURE). NYC IS NOT LIKE THE REST OF THIS COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO NIGHTLIFE AND CLUB MUSIC.

:blown:

FIRST OFF, TOURISTY MEANS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE. IF IT IS FULL OF TOURISTS, IT MUST BE TOURISTY. HELLO?

As I stated in my post, just because tourists go to Webster Hall does not mean that it's necessarily "touristy". If you've got people who stand out from the rest of the crowd, i.e. somebody wearing bermuda shorts and carrying a camera, that's one thing, but if people outside of NYC go to the club who look and dress like me, you wouldn't notice the difference.

Is that more clear for you?

Oh stop it

Webster Hall I agree is very touristy. I have been there. Just because it's been around for so long and its smack dab in the middle of the village, unlike our big clubs which are in warehouses in the dead side of manhattan. Webster hall is a good club with great music, but I will agree the people there are touristy. And you know they are cause you hear 150 thouds languages being spoken when you pass people. I must admit though, the crowd is pretty ugly, but hey to each his own. I heard Vinyal was good and I'm sure im going next week, but I can Recomend Sound Factory of course, great club, beautiful people and great muisc. As for Disco clubs, i'm not to sure that they have em, but I know probley some clubs might play that music late at night or possiably have theme nights, but i have never heard of a club that has a disco room. DISCO IS DEAAAAAAAAAD!!

Hey, I'm just trying to help. :P

Webster Hall I agree is very touristy. I have been there. Just because it's been around for so long and its smack dab in the middle of the village, unlike our big clubs which are in warehouses in the dead side of manhattan. Webster hall is a good club with great music, but I will agree the people there are touristy. And you know they are cause you hear 150 thouds languages being spoken when you pass people.

So you're saying that because you hear alot of different languages being spoken by people, they must be tourists? Yeah, NYC is well know for its' homogenous population. :P

I must admit though, the crowd is pretty ugly, but hey to each his own.

What do you mean by ugly? Are you saying the people that go to Webster Hall are unattractive, or are you saying that they are evil, mean people?

I heard Vinyal was good and I'm sure im going next week, but I can Recomend Sound Factory of course, great club, beautiful people and great muisc.

Great, thanks, I'll check them out. :)

As for Disco clubs, i'm not to sure that they have em, but I know probley some clubs might play that music late at night or possiably have theme nights, but i have never heard of a club that has a disco room. DISCO IS DEAAAAAAAAAD!!

Polly Esthers plays Disco, right? And Disco dead? Not if people are still dancing to it. :)

Originally posted by jtpaladin

Hey, I'm just trying to help. :P

So you're saying that because you hear alot of different languages being spoken by people, they must be tourists? Yeah, NYC is well know for its' homogenous population. :P

No meaning that you can tell tourists from the regular new yorkers. The way they dress, the way they look and of course the way they speak. Espically you can tell in a club because they walk around like "OoH AhH"

What do you mean by ugly? Are you saying the people that go to Webster Hall are unattractive, or are you saying that they are evil, mean people?

Extremly unattractive, I did not see one good looking guy or girl there at all, plus its a much older crowd as well, well I went on a saturday I dont know how it is on fridays

Polly Esthers plays Disco, right? And Disco dead? Not if people are still dancing to it. :)

Yea well never heard it in NY buddy. And why are you like arguing with people, we are trying to help you. Your lucky if you dont get murdered when u come to new york

No meaning that you can tell tourists from the regular new yorkers. The way they dress, the way they look and of course the way they speak. Espically you can tell in a club because they walk around like "OoH AhH"

OK, well that makes a bit more sense. So how do these tourists dress? And by the way they speak do you mean, they don't have NY accents?

Extremly unattractive, I did not see one good looking guy or girl there at all, plus its a much older crowd as well, well I went on a saturday I dont know how it is on fridays

OK, I see what you're saying.

Yea well never heard it in NY buddy.

Polly Esther's is IN NYC and they play Disco. Sounds like you need to get out more. :P

And why are you like arguing with people, we are trying to help you.

I'm not arguing, I'm just trying to make sure I get the correct info. I'm only going to be in NYC for a few days and since it's been a while since I've been there, I'm trying get make sure I hit the clubs that are going to be just right for me. The only way to do that is to ask questions.

Your lucky if you dont get murdered when u come to new york

Well, since I'm from NYC, you're lucky if I don't do some murdering while I'm there. :P

jtpaladin, give it up bro. all u managed to do was piss everyone off everytime u posted somethin. everyone was tryin to give u their opinion, and u had a comment about everything or had to disagree about it. IF U KNOW SO FUCKING MUCH ABOUT NYC NITELIFE, THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!! but i know u dont know shit about nyc, that's y ur askin. here's my advice: WE DONT NEED U IN NY MESSIN UP OUR NITELIFE!!! STAY OUT OF OUR CLUBS!!! I DONT KNOW WHERE UR FROM, AND DONT CARE EITHER, BUT UR JUST GONNA MAKE OUR GREAT NITELIFE SUCK BY MAKING UR PRESENCE FELT. SO FUCK OFF!!!

xtcgspot

Thanks for your advice, now go fuck yourself, bitch. I'm just asking some questions so I can make sure I get to the right club. Silly Jersey scumbag, what the fuck do you about real clubbing? NYC area? Bitch, keep dream'in. :blown:

Once again thanks to everyone for giving me some clubs to check out.

just show the people on here more respect....ur a newbie...i got no right to come on here and start drama. and u werent just asking comments, u had a dumb ass comment about everything these people had to say. just take the advice or their opinions and shut the fuck up. how do u criticize a city that u've never been too?

btw, when u say disco, do u mean disco house? or like 70's, saturday nite fever, kinda disco? disco house may be a little easier to find in nyc.

just show the people on here more respect....ur a newbie...i got no right to come on here and start drama. and u werent just asking comments, u had a dumb ass comment about everything these people had to say.

Dude, I suggest you re-read my posts. I'm asking questions so that I can make sure I hit the right clubs while I'm there. When someone says a place is touristy, what does that mean? Does it mean that the club doesn't cater to hardcore House fans or does it mean that people there wear bermuda shorts? There's a big difference and I couldn't afford to make mistakes on my trip.

I don't have alot of time in NYC and I don't want to go to a club that won't be fun for me. Can you understand what I'm saying?

just take the advice or their opinions and shut the fuck up.

Listen up, don't tell me what to do. If I want to ask questions, that's my right. If you don't want to ask questions, then don't. I see no reason for you to flip out when you're not even involved in the conversation. Chill out.

how do u criticize a city that u've never been too?

See, this is why I'm saying you aren't reading my posts. I'm from NYC. I lived there most of my life. But I haven't been clubbing there for a while and I don't know what's open and what's not. Clubs open and close all the damn time and they also change music styles so I'm trying to figure out what's what.

btw, when u say disco, do u mean disco house? or like 70's, saturday nite fever, kinda disco? disco house may be a little easier to find in nyc.

Actually both. There's alot of House music out there that has a strong Disco influence like "Everybody get up" by Capriccio. But it's always fun to dance to some stuff from the '70's as well. And, some of the clubs that I go to play '70's-'90's but with a strong funk beat to it (No way I would dance to shit from the '80's unless it were massively modified). I don't know what clubs other than Polly Esther's plays that type of music. I would appreciate it if you could tell me if you know.

ok, here's the deal, at least from what i know....ive been to webster hall, and i would agree it's touristy, meaning that most of the people in there are not from this country. the music can be cheesy on a sat. nite, but it's a nice venue. Never been there on fri, but i heard tranzworld fridays could be good, but ti think they changed that party now. lights are good. but the crowd doesnt have "that" vibe, ya know. its not friendly, cuz everyone's speaking a different language, so u cant talk to anyone. but they have a room that plays just a mix of different music. it's mostly 70's-90's hits. i only went in there right before closing time..cuz the house/trance room(the main floor) would close at like 4:30, so this other room was open till 5. i heard everything from ricky martin to the beatie boys' old jams, and some old disco. but i liked it. nice change from the music i had been hearing for the past 4 hours upstairs. webster hall might be good for u cuz u can change rooms to get a completely different type of music. most of the other clubs play the same type of music in the different rooms, but there's a different dj. like SF for example, shawn ink spins in the vip lounge on the 4th floor. as far as i know, its the same kinda music u'll hear on the main floor. the tunnel actually was ur best bet. u would found ur disco there, plus all types of shit. unfortunately the tunnel is no more.

when exactly are u gonna be in ny? cuz then i could tell u what's goin on that week at different places, and that might help. usually u cant go wrong with seeing a special event like johnny vicious at SF, or scot project at world, or whatever the hell else is goin on.

i hope this helps, didnt mean to blow up on ya....like i said, im not one to start drama, so im gonna put this to rest.

Calm down, everyone. It's Friday, and it's time to dance, because God wants the people to party, so the people will start to move...

(Sorry, some old school there)

XTC- chill, dude. I'll give ya some pills at Centro tonight, let me take care of this.

The reason why those of us on the board don't know any disco clubs here in NYC is because it's no longer mainstream, and some people still have that "shitty 70's stigma" whenever disco is mentioned. I can guarantee that whatever club you go to, from Sound Factory to Exit, Culture Club to even Twirl, that you'll hear an occassional song from the 70s. Ask any juicehead/crackhead/k-fiend/stripper that regularly goes to the Factory how mint the place gets when Jonathon Peters play's "Where's the Sunshine" with the smoke, lights, and rain. Yes, rain.

Regarding Polly Esthers, well, I've been there. Definite disco/early 80s music place. Not a bad crowd either. Only thing is, you can fit Polly Esthers on Limelight's stage and still have room to dance. Not a grand club on the size scale, and it's tough to enjoy sometimes b/c it gets too crowded due to the small size. A lot of NYU kids go there, you may not like that. I don't know.

My advice would be to hit Centro Fly or Vinyl. Tenaglia has been on a tear this entire year, and you'll be hardpressed to find a better CONSISTENT DJ on Manhattan island. You can usually find me at the Sound Factory Sat nights, until about 10 or 11 Sunday morning. China Club is good Mondays, don't know about the other nights. As far as Twirl, Float, Exit, it's hit or miss. They've all been consistently inconsistent all year long, you may not get a good impression of what those clubs could be.

PM me where and when you'll be in NYC and maybe we'll meet up.

xtcgspot:

Hey, bro, it's cool. No prob. :)

Sorry if I came on to strong myself. :)

I really appreciate the info. Sounds like that's what I may be looking for. Also, what about China Club?

I'm planning to be in NY 9/20-9/24. If you hear anything about some events, please let me know. Thanks, bro.

Peace. :)