Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone who has seen the movie groove....

djkuz

"Groove" was a decent movie. I showed it to my parents just so they could have a visual image of what raves are like. I felt it was pretty cheesy though -- very glossy, unoffending and Hollywood-esque. I much preferred "Human Traffic" with its spectacularly flawed characters, strong ensemble acting, and willingness to leave questions unanswered. The way my dad put it, in vague paraphrase, "That movie at least makes an honest attempt at tackling some problems."

"Groove" is a pretty good movie, but more about raves than about rolling. I mean, anyone who's rolled can read through the actor who's the first timer.

;)

I also liked "Human Traffic" much more, I though it was far more authentic. The players were really into their parts....I wonder if they were rolling during the shootings...that could have been funny :laugh:

But...my personal favorite from this line of movies is "GO". Every time I see it I get an unstoppable urge to roooolllllllllllllllllll

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i saw the movie and liked it ...too bad it didnt do so well. i actually saw it on a shelf at a video store and rented it b/c the cover just made me laugh so much. a week later i got to buy the movie at a flea market for $3. :)

good mix of characters..i make everyone watch it over and over and then over again!

:)

p.grrl.

Originally posted by ultracrzy

rent "REQUIEM FOR A DREAM" ...

REQUIEM was defnitaly a SICCCCCCCCCCK movie, hahaha "THE RED DRESS" my friend frank and I went to go see that and to this day we still laugh about the red dress

Groove was a good movie as well, jus makes you wanna go out and drop a pill. What are other good raver/rolling movies?

ma...i can hear you gnashin...are you on speed ma..but he's a good doctor

got requiem 2 weeks ago on dvd..the first time i was so lit it took 5 minutes to realize my tv wasn't broke..even after 4 times it still leaves me drained..movie was amazin..just as good as fear and loathing in las vegas

I thought Groove was absolutely horrible. I felt insulted watching it. I don't know who they were trying to represent in the film but they must have cashed in on every stereotype there is about "the scene".

I guess it was intended for all you candy raver PLUR people...that movie was a joke. IMO