Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are you ready for some football?!?

phrankadelic

ok...so the season begins today! YES!!! my sundays will no longer be boring for the next 4 months. i have been waiting for this day for months now. fins play tonite. any fans out there? what do u think their year will be like? they have a tough schedule, but i think they'll go 11-5 and div. champs AGAIN! hey...d won a superbowl last year. who knows this year?

ok...so what are the predictions for this year? i think it's going to be minnesota and denver. i said it here first.

stacey...your stinkin jets suck! :tongue:

Originally posted by phrankadelic

ok...so the season begins today! YES!!! my sundays will no longer be boring for the next 4 months. i have been waiting for this day for months now. fins play tonite. any fans out there? what do u think their year will be like? they have a tough schedule, but i think they'll go 11-5 and div. champs AGAIN! hey...d won a superbowl last year. who knows this year?

ok...so what are the predictions for this year? i think it's going to be minnesota and denver. i said it here first.

stacey...your stinkin jets suck! :tongue:

I am far more excited about the Canes! I am of course a Fins fan........but I just don't see it. My prediction, we go 10-6, win one playoff game and lose the second (though hopefully not by a wide margin this time!) That being said, I think we have a good chance to beat the Titans tonight. I think we will win tonight, we are historically a great team to pick on opening day. I think we've won 9 openers in a row or something to that effect.

I don't know what I am more excited about. Football starting, or baseball ending soon. (I just hate baseball)

But I am allready a little disapointed. My favorite teams are allready off to a bad start. My Michigan Wolverines lost to Washington and My Detroit Lions have as much chance of a winning season as Mike Tyson has of being Grand Marshal at the womans rights prade.

Guess after 6 years in FL its time to get behind the Fins and Canes. At least I wont be as depressed every saturday and sunday afternoons. :)

I did my undergrad at a Big 10 "football" college, and I absolutley lived for the fall college football season. However, it doesn't seem like anyone gets into it down here. No crazy house parties, tailgates, freaked out fans, etc. Am I just oblivious, or is that the areas M.O.? The only thing I can find comparable are the FSU fans. What gives? :confused:

this has never really been much of a college town. so u won't catch much of any house party. unless u go to um. but i'll tell u what...i have season tix to the fins and they do some crazy tailgating there. u wouldn't believe what people do or take to a game. so i'll be there next week.

and i'll also be going to the canes vs. washington game next saturday. revenge factor is ON. just another bump on the way to the title!

Go Fins! ... Ever since last season, I was a little skeptical about Dolphins and their ability to move that ball up the field, and actually score ... and not a field goal either!. Tonight I believe that they are on the road to recovery. Fielder has had one more year to learn the offense plus since the addition's of McKnight and what's looking like a rookie phenom Chris Chambers, the Dolphins are finally getting some of the load off Lamar Smith, hence being more balanced .. The defense hasn't skipped a beat and looking very stingy and very hungry ... Hefty prediction, but I think they'll end up 12-4 and AFC East champion's ...