Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish reviews!!!

mimid

:D I got two words, outstanding performance!! :heart: Got the plesure of meeting a few more people from the board, Stace, Rene, and James954, it was a pleasure finally meeting more of the family. As for Stace, i'm glad we overlooked that litle fiasco we had back when I started the board, you're an amazing girl, and i'm glad to have meet you. ( and you can have my belly anytime!!!! ;) ) As for the people I already know, it was great seeing you guys again!!! Muah!!! :tongue:

Last night was insane! My only regret: I didn't get to meet anyone from the board. A friend of mine threw a party at Crobar, and I was tied up at the beach until 3:30. By the time I got to Space the meetup was over and the crew had dispersed; at least i think so, and since i don't know what anyone looks like??? (We should really get a photo directory or a new faces book *LOL*)!

Deep Dish spun the sound that I love. It was heavy beats- that don't stop, w/ huge breakdowns. The set really kicked into high gear after- the classic pink floyd tribute to the fallin' bros in DC and NY! I think that was the only point my friends and I stopped dancin' for 6 hours......I was in rare form. I will definatley be first in line for the new Global Underground CD- Deep Dish style!

Hope everyone else- hand a bender of a good time!

Must sleep now......body hurts.

***Next time, we have a meet up- I'm getting to the club at 10pm and parkin' my ass at the bar!

First I missed Danny and heard how outta hand it was......now I missed Deep Dish because my grandmother had been really sick all day and I didn't think it was a good idea to leave her alone.....

Sounds like they kicked ass.........damn.......

Hey, EVERYONE!!!! I'm so glad you all had a good time. I heard it was a fun and "interesting" night. ;) I did, however, hear that DD were not at their best. Anyway, I'm not sure if you all know but poor Chris has come down with a nasty bronchitis and Space was not the place for him to be last night. :hey: I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and to meeting some other CP members that I hadn't yet met. Oh well. . . there will be other times, I'm sure. :)

Originally posted by Nolimit

did any of u realize that only sharam played?

It looked that way.....but it was really hard to tell b/c of how the dj booth is set up. I got there late, and figured that maybe they split up the set............i was even thinkin' maybe thats just how the do things.........i've never seen them before???????????????

I had an absolute blast. :)

Good to see stacey, rene, danny, mimi and anyone else I left out...

I got in at 12:15, and left at 1:30 the next day. I spent the morning on the patio, and babysat a friend of mine while he proceeded to challenge all the miami stereotypes...

I also realised how hot leather gets during the day...

have to say, I was a little disappointed with the DD set. the set seemed very predictable. not necessarily a bad thing, but not what I expected. major props to DD for the dedication; it showed sincere class. as usual it was a pleasure chilling with the cp crew. until next time. peace, sobeton

well i'm glad to hear that some of you enjoyed sharam's set on sat. for those of you that didn't, or felt that it was a bit predictable, i hear ya too! i myself felt that dd has turned a bit predictable and therefore was a bit skeptical from the beginning.

u all should've been at the party i was spinnin at. must say my 4 hr set was in rare form!! great party that was.

Me and nightstar went to deepdish and left around 3:30. The music was great! I was really feeling those sweet deep baselines. The only problem that I noticed is that no one knows how to dance at these house events with the exception of the CP crew of course. I had an absolutely amazing time! I really can't rate this house event because it's the first one I've ever been too.

Stacey, it was great to finally meet you.....your much crazier in person then I imagined you to be. Your nutz!

Renee, your quite the ladies man......not only do you hog all the girls on clubplanet but you show up to deepdish with 2 girls.

music wise-deepdish should be ashamed of themselves or at least sharam...

1st-whats the deal with not opening the blue room until 1am? i felt like we were a herd of cattle in the red room.

2nd-sharam didnt go on until 2am-wtf? i wouldnt have gotten there so early.

3rd-i know they always start their sets off slow and work their way up but to earse what the prior dj did makes absoulety no sense to me. example howells & deepdish for conference. howells had the crowd going and deepdish came in and started over. personally, i think it destroys the vibe....

4th-what was with the track selection? predictable but mostly it sounded like tracks were thrown on often not matching beats correctly; especially with the vocals. shit, they didnt even use their own version of rapture. the track is dated already but the girls voice is still amazing. im not sure which one was used but it wasnt theirs or creamer's. also, 1 in every 5 tracks was decent and danceable. extremely weak set and sounded like one long continuous track. not what i expected since it was their cd release party.

finally around 5:30/6 i gave up on trying to figure out what direction the set was headed. got so annoyed that i left to go onto the patio; hence where i stayed til 10ish.

disappointed with our persian boys...every set that ive heard since presidents day/conference has progressively gotten worse. maybe they have became too commerical or they are just better producers? should be quit interesting to hear their GU cd...

anyway, had fun regardless. it was nice meeting some new faces too.

barbie, chris, loraine, and frank> it wasnt the same w/o you :(

i swear you guys bring a vibe of your own...

I don't know if you guys noticed but only Sharam played. Also, that was Oscar G. playing until 3:30 then Sharam from DD came on. I thought when they switched the vibe was lost for a little bit because he started off kind of slow and abrupt but I thought it picked up nicely. I don't think it was DD in top form, but then again it was only one half. I enjoyed it for the most part. Nice deep, dark beats and basslines.

PEACE:)

I am surprised about all the negative remarks....I thought DD was great...the only problem is that I really don't have much to compare it to.....since I just am just returning to the clubbing scene.

I had loads of fun....with my KITTY!!!!

Mimid and digital.....you guys look soooo cute:D

To the rest of you....pod,rene, stacey, and whom ever else I am missing.....I am super glad that I got the chance to meet you guys.....:D;):D

I attended Deep Dish on Saturday and just wanted to say that the door people at Space are the rudest wankers I've met. If that had that attitude in England they would get a proper beating....

As far as Deep Dish, they're not really my cup of tea... I spent all morning out on the patio.

DD had an ok set, but nothing to write home about. Ivano ruled the patio that morning though...my new leather pants got a good break-in dancing to that set :)

Maybe the doorpeople at space need a proper beating. I noted one thing, the staff wasn't as harsh as they usually are though..

Originally posted by dannyj

I attended Deep Dish on Saturday and just wanted to say that the door people at Space are the rudest wankers I've met. If that had that attitude in England they would get a proper beating....

As far as Deep Dish, they're not really my cup of tea... I spent all morning out on the patio.

I agree, the patio was the saving grace of the evening/morning. the vibe on the patio, is so unlike, the terrible vibe in the main rooms. the door staff was in rare form saturday; belittling single guys, by having them dance in order to get in. I told the doorman, I would not have any part of this stupidity. I eventually got in, after telling the doorman, my friends and I were leaving; rather then waste any more of our valuable time. bottom line regardless of their benevolence; space sucks!! It will be a cold day in hell before; I step foot in that shit hole again.

laterz, sobeton

I went out on to the patio when i first got to the club, to take a minute and get my head together...............and they were playing "she bangs" by everyones' favorite latin heartbreaker.......i immediately stopped, dropped, and rolled......running towards the nearest exit with my hands over my head. It was traumatic! I felt ill.....and steered clear of the patio the rest of the night.

I guess it was just bad timing! It was at about 3am or something...............

Originally posted by joeygk

I went out on to the patio when i first got to the club, to take a minute and get my head together...............and they were playing "she bangs" by everyones' favorite latin heartbreaker.......i immediately stopped, dropped, and rolled......running towards the nearest exit with my hands over my head. It was traumatic! I felt ill.....and steered clear of the patio the rest of the night.

I guess it was just bad timing! It was at about 3am or something...............

5:00am Ivanno goes on; then the after-hours party truly begins..:)

peace, sobeton