Clubplanet Nightlife Community

top 3 dj's

petedrags

Originally posted by codica3

Oh Shit! I didn't think anyone else would rate almost identical to what I think! Ahh! I totally agree with you on your ratings, I would have to also throw in Jonathan Peters in there.. I guess I can't name just 3 DJs but wow, I was just surprised to see someone else with Scot Project and Cosmic Gate up there. You got fucking good taste.

~DJ Scot Project (my fucking favorite)

~Johnny Vicious (Exit - 10/19 - he's gonna put Draper to shame!)

~Jonathan Peters (we all know this guy's got talent)

~Cosmic Gate (insane remixes, when are they gonna spin in US?)

~Richie Santana (it's true, he IS very under-rated)

~Domenick Capello (he's really making his impression on me!)

i agreew with u on all those other dj's too, but i tried to limit my list to 3.

i totally forgot about plasmic honey....they are fuckin amazing producers, but idk how sal parm is solo.

JP is a great dj, and i cant wait till i can finally go to SF saturdays, or maybe i'll see him in cancun for spring break, cuz he's always down there.

i like richie santana alot, i live right by hunka bunka and have heard him spin a bunch of times, and always rips it up, in glad he's at abyss now, and i hope he gets a residency in the city, cuz he deserves it.

good to see someone else with the same taste. ;)

Originally posted by xtcgspot

alot of people listed scot project and johnny vicious. scot project's popularity is goin thru the roof lately. it surprised me though to see people put oakenfold or tenaglia on the same list as scot project or vicious. not that they dont deserve to be, but the style is so different.

when i saw Scot Project at Limelight over the summer w/ DJMikeE, DonVito, and Millertime it was crazy--he definitely turned me on to deep trance and shit like that...

Originally posted by xtcgspot

alot of people listed scot project and johnny vicious. scot project's popularity is goin thru the roof lately. it surprised me though to see people put oakenfold or tenaglia on the same list as scot project or vicious. not that they dont deserve to be, but the style is so different.

I definitely agree with you on that one. They are such completely different artists, but some people I guess like a lot of variety heh. It's all good. I personally must admit though that Oakenfold and Tenaglia are not really my style. I'm not hatin' on them though so don't get the wrong impression, some people just have their preferences, and they definitely aren't one of mine =)~

On a lighter note, I'm glad that Scot Project is being recognized more, he has so much talent, and his shit is fucking wild, he's becoming better known now because he's actually over here in the states! Now we need like Cosmic Gate over here and stuff!

Originally posted by dmerces

Im suprised no one likes Dave Seaman. Everytime I've seen him he has torn the place apart!!!

YEs this man is off the hook for anyone interested I would

recomend the Renissance album for a deep tech/house sound

and the GU albums for a more Trance style.

first heard Dave rip Minimalistix "struggle for pleasure". OH my god.

peace Mane

1. Danny Howells - if you haven't heard him spin you are truly missing out. I've been clubbing for a long ass time and I have never, ever seen a DJ get a crowd going like Howells. Deep , dark, sexy progressive.....gotta love it.

2. Deep Dish - ummmmm it's Deep Dish, nuff said.

3. Steve Lawler - gotta love the down and dirty tribal he spins.

Honorable mentions go to:

DT, Tong, Seaman, Hawtin, and S&D even though i haven't heard them in ages (meaning S&D).

As for producers/remixers....

John Creamer and Stephane K take the cake! They happen to be very good friends with Danny Howells so he usually gets their shit before anyone. Sooooooooooooooo, if you want to hear the best DJ (IMO) spin. He will be at Vinyl Saturday October 13th. DANNY MOTHER FAWKIN HOWELLS BABY!

• 2 weeks later...