Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you guys think of Giuliani?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

gulianio appoints the chancellor of education, and so far every appointee he has picked has screwed up royally

You can say that about every mayor that has been elected in New York City since the industrial revolution.

Good folks of CNYC, realize that New York City has existed for lots of years, and for almost all of those years, it has NOT been as decent a place to live and work as it is now. Rudy Giuliani has done a hell of a lot for this city. It was depressing back in the 1980's and early '90s. OK, so we had no cops telling us to stay on the sidewalk, no health department people shutting down street vendors for selling botulism, no T&LC inspectors making sure the cabs we hop into at least have brakes, no street sweepers making sure we aren't walking in broken glass everywhere... no sanitation department making sure the trash is picked up more than every 10 days... no parking authority making sure that abandoned and stripped cars do not sit in front of uptown, midtown, and downtown addresses for weeks on end... not much of an MTA keeping subway lines operational, clean, and safe... anyone besides me remember the riding the Lexington line, or the 7 or the F when you couldn't see out the windows for the graffiti, were afraid to sit for what was on the seats, and prayed that your train didn't stall in a tunnel or have a brake fire? When the tiles were falling down in every station, 1/2 or less of the lights worked in some, and rats ran on the platforms of some? Yeah the city doesn't look like the Gotham of Batman movies, or perhaps something from The Crow, or Blade. It really sucks that is has to be this way, doesn't it?

And Giuliani harrassed businesses? Then why did the flow of jobs REVERSE during his administration? Companies left in DROVES under Koch and Dinkins. Urban residency was dropping in double-digit percentages each year. Rents were low because there was nobody to fill apartments. Crime was much higher, and one reason clubs were not shut down is the cops were afraid to go into the areas where clubs were! I remember those days, and not always so fondly. Ever get mugged on your way to a club by someone wielding a dirty needle? 2 friends of mine did - pre-Giuliani. Anyone remember how "any mayor" Dinkins handled the '93 WTC bombing? That's right, he DIDN'T! He hid, let his Lt. Mayor speak... let Charlie Maikish (a friend of mine), one of the top Port Authority cops, handle things until the FBI took over. And STILL he hid from any leadership position.

About Rudy staying @ the Waldorf? How about a court telling him he could not live his life in the housing the city provides for the MAYOR because the mayor's estranged wife (whom we DID NOT elect, btw) had more say in that housing. John Lindsay kept paramours in hotels around the city, several at a time, at city expense. So what? Rudy kept one place. No, he shouldn't be above the law by any means, and I know "just because someone else did it doesn't make it right" but fer cryin out loud, this is all nitpicking. Big picture. Forest for the trees. Long view. Shit, nightlife isn't what makes the city work, folks. It makes it fun to a slice of the population that we represent, but we don't represent the city at large. So let's stand up for what we have left, remember what we had, and move the fawk on. If you are so damned concerned about nightlife being shut down, be more responsible about what you ingest on your partying nights. Stop the ODs and stupid shit like that, the clubs won't be under such scrutiny. And they won't be shut down. Meantime, be glad you can show up at a club at 1 am... or leave at 3, 4, 5, 6 am and be pretty confident you're gonna make it home.

I don't think he should be in for another term, but perhaps another year, to ease someone new into the position. Give him a year of finalizing all that's being done at the south end of our faire isle here, then he should go, and run again after the next mayor's term, if he thinks it's right to do so.

Enough proselytizing,

ichi

Well with this situation that requires a HARD ASS like him....he's perfect ,, I give him big time PROPS>>>> he's done a great JOB bu, on the other side I still haven't forgotten the real JERK he's been with people that wanna have fun and the shootings were innocent blacks were killed.... my NYC police officers>>> wow it's weird how he lost sum cops in the

WTC tragedy. KARMA

>>>>>>> I think he's great for MILITARY situations but, deep down inside HE'S A FUCKING JERK....

wow -- got to see him on tv all the time, great speeches! i didnt even want to leave my house, just wanted to listen to this noble man on cnn all day. without his reassurance i might not have made it through... i felt like he was my father <wipes tear>. i just need someone like rudy to watch over me, gives me a very warm, samaritan-like sense of security. obviously i cannot take care of myself, cannot defend myself, i need papa G to take care of me <burst into tears>

heil guiliani!

Originally posted by go411

Well with this situation that requires a HARD ASS like him....he's perfect ,, I give him big time PROPS>>>> he's done a great JOB bu, on the other side I still haven't forgotten the real JERK he's been with people that wanna have fun and the shootings were innocent blacks were killed.... my NYC police officers>>> wow it's weird how he lost sum cops in the

WTC tragedy. KARMA

>>>>>>> I think he's great for MILITARY situations but, deep down inside HE'S A FUCKING JERK....

Why the race issue? Are you racist? Why do you make a point of "innocent blacks?" Your use of the word innocent implies that ordinary "blacks" are guilty of something. How about innocent people? That issue aside, Giuliani has done something that no recent Mayor, none since LaGuardia, has done; he has told the police "I am going to give you the respect that you deserve, and believe that you ARE actually enforcing the law to the best of your ability, as you have sworn to." He backs the cops because he has a very strong sense of right and wrong, and right, to the Mayor, falls on the side of law enforcement. After all, he was a prosecutor and DA for more than a few years before his current gig down on Park Row. People think there is some meanness, some vindictive streak to the man... well, maybe he is as guilty of this as any of us, but the policies he seeks to institute and enforce come from a deep love of the city. The man honestly wants NYC to be the biggest, best, and most beautiful city in the world.

Speaking of JERKS, your statement "wow it's weird how he lost sum cops in the WTC tragedy. KARMA" speaks volumes. At the same time that NYC lost cops, wives lost husbands, husbands lost wives, children lost parents, parents lost children... no matter how you look at it, the only JERK who is earning bad KARMA here would be you.

ichi

WELL WHAT I MEANT TO SAY IS THAT ....

IN MY EYES HE WAS A RACIST FACIST PIG AND NOW THIS TRAGEDY HIT HIM HARD... BLACKS I MENTION BECAUSE OF THE COPS THAT WERE SET FREE AFTER THEY SHOT HIM 40 TIMES....

AMADEU DI ALLO IF SPELLED RIGHT... NOW U NEED TOI SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME POST IN PEACE WHAT I FEEL ABOUT GIULIANI ...

FYI>>>> I'M NOT BLACK BUT, CAN TELL WHEN SOMEONE HAS NOT BEEN GIVING A FAIR CHANCE....

:bigfinger :bigfinger :bigfinger :bigfinger

ichi-chan,

this is a clubbing messageboard. most regulars here value the "clubbing" experience much higher than any petty comfort or convenience u might seek from any political leader. if someone who needs to be policed like u takes too many pills at a venue, then we all have to pay for your ignorance by not having our nightlife anymore. guiliani isnt the last man, there are many more out there who could do a much much better job in every respect, in every situation. as far as nightlife/clubbing/personal freedom goes, guiliani is shit. this is a clubbing messageboard. go to http://msnbc.cnn.com/messageboard to discuss pure politics

Originally posted by neuroton

ichi-chan,

this is a clubbing messageboard. most regulars here value the "clubbing" experience much higher than any petty comfort or convenience u might seek from any political leader. if someone who needs to be policed like u takes too many pills at a venue, then we all have to pay for your ignorance by not having our nightlife anymore. guiliani isnt the last man, there are many more out there who could do a much much better job in every respect, in every situation. as far as nightlife/clubbing/personal freedom goes, guiliani is shit. this is a clubbing messageboard. go to http://msnbc.cnn.com/messageboard to discuss pure politics

Neurotron, in case you might not have noticed, I am more of a regular here than you. Under one name or another, I have been on this board since 1997, and clubbing since 1993. I highly doubt that you have any great revelations that are going to shock or amaze me where clubs, clubbers, or club life are concerned, nor can you educate me very much on what CNYC is all about. Since April of 1993, I have valued more nights in clubs, bars, lounges, and other assorted venues in this city than you care to imagine, spending a long period of time going out 6 nights a week, while still going to school, then working, during the day. In those past 8 years and a few months, I have watched the city change VASTLY for the better. In those past 8 years and a few months, I have watched rights and freedoms be restored, as certain privileges were revoked. In those past 8 years and a few months, I have consistenly failed to OD, overuse, get arrested, get hospitalized, or even pass out from drug use. I hope when you get to be a bitter old clubgoer like myself, you can claim the same.

Politics is an integral part of keeping or killing the nightlife scene, and so is being responsible. Perhaps you haven't been around this board long enough to know my name, but you will learn it. Keep an eye out for who's at the meetings to support Limelight... it ain't you. Keep an eye out for who knows what's going on at the clubs, or what a certain couple of DJ's here in the city (Hell's Kitchen and TriBeCa guys) have to say. Then come back and tell me what is what.

Now know your role, and sit down before you make a bigger jackass out of yourself. You don't know what is what.

ichi.

Originally posted by neuroton

so not having twilo anymore (meaning not being able to see S&D, Carl COx, PVD, etc) is just the price to pay for your safe ride to the club?

p.s. my name is neuroTon, not neurotRon, itchy.

dear nowrotten,

The answer to your question is yes, and grow up. Twizlos isn't the first club to close, and it won't be the last. Tunnel is closed because of Gatien. Palladium is closed because of NYU. Carbon is closed because of Exit. Paradise Garage, The Bank, Save the Robots, the list goes on and on... all closed. Twilo is closed because of a pattern of OD's, and mishandling of those situations. Giuliani got a hard-on for Steve because his people fucked up. Cox played venues other than Twilo before he ever played there, and PVD plays in Boston, DC, South Beach, and Toronto. I can go see him there if I care to. Twilo is not the be-all and end-all of clubs... after all, it was only the old Sound Factory space when it started off. Guess what? I remember the old Sound Factory, and Twilo the 2nd week it was open. Do you? Don't EVER lecture me.

itchy

Originally posted by go411

IGLOO SPEAK FOR YOURSELF....... YOU'RE THE ONLY IDIOT HERE !!!!

WHY U GOTTA GO DIZZIN PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING AN OPINION UH??????

i dont know what his problem is either

ive had it out with him before (after he did the same to bigart and mugwump)

he never gives a real reason for his attacks, nor has proper evidence to back himself up either

maybe he's just an asshole

I just want to chime in with a kinda funny obersavation that I made during the the days after the attack. I need to know if it's just me or if anyone else noticed.

It seems to me that George Pataki turns into a sidekick when Giullian takes the mike. During those first press conferences I was expecting Pataki to chime in with a "Yeah. . what he said . ." after every major pause in The Giulliani's speech.

Anyways, just an observation,

P.S. That "You're the one that I love" song BLOWS! Just thought I'd add that. .

-Phunk

he never gives a real reason for his attacks, nor has proper evidence to back himself up either

Moron....

Have no problem with mugz....all in good fun when I spar with him...

You and your bitches (bigart and the schmuck battling with ichi) simply do not have a fucking clue what you are talking about, but enjoy parading your wacked-ass opinions like they are baked in reality.

BIG TIME ASSHOLE ON THA REAL....

Originally posted by igloo

Moron....

Have no problem with mugz....all in good fun when I spar with him...

You and your bitches (bigart and the schmuck battling with ichi) simply do not have a fucking clue what you are talking about, but enjoy parading your wacked-ass opinions like they are baked in reality.

ok

how are we wrong?

please elaborate