Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Poconos?skiing?

divette

I've been snowboarding at Camelback a few times. It's not really a resort (like up north or west), you'll have to get a hotel room around town and drive up to the mountain (5-10 minutes). Also, the trails are not very challenging. But, if you're a beginner-intermediate skier, you should be fine.

everyone's right. if you're limited to the poconos, then camelback is the best in that area. it's fine for beginners/intermediates, but if you're fairly skilled, you'll get bored quickly. if you got the skills/time/cash-ola, then vermont is the hot-spot on the east. tons of terrain from novice to expert...

Go north, for real!!!

The terrain is more challenging, the trail conditions are better, and the resorts are much nicer. It is worth the extra time it takes to get there.

If you really want to try a place that is absolutely awesome with a little bit of everything, try Sunday River in Maine. There are such a wide variety of challenges when the mountain is fully open.

If you are a snowboarder, go to Stratton. The park is sick with numerous jumps and the intermediate trails have all sorts of jumps and bumps to do tricks off of.

Wow I haven't been skiing in like 2 years, I wanna go now!!:(

I usually go to South Summit by Vernon, its ok I guess not great. I remember it used to get really crowded.

When I was younger one year we went to Chile for a vacation during the winter there and we went skiing, WOW, now those are mountains, you're like in the middle of nowhere!

And whats worse there was a blizzard and everyone couldn't leave the hotel lol